BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Football is mad isn't it.

Signing an Premier League winning ex-England international for nowt - bad

Signing a kid nobody had heard of until 2 weeks ago who can't get a kick at Forest for 8 million quid - good

But you could flip it around the other way for some - opinions and all that. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Fair point, but I think Reed is an upgrade on Evans (and I'm a countryman of Evans')... and based on what I'm hearing Davenport looked good when he featured in pre-season.  Although I must admit I have never seen him in action myself.

Is the consensus on here that Davenport should start in the 2?

No, Rothwell for me. Davenport looking very lightweight when I saw him in pre-season (twice) and seemed to be lacking something, urgency being the main one, seemed rather lazy in possession. Maybe used to having a lot of time on the ball previously. However played well at Burton. Rothwell looks the better player though, he seems to have a real passion and desire to do well at Rovers.

Edited by AAK

1 hour ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

From what I've read, it wouldn't be a far stretch for me to deduct he is not a good footballer and has a stinking attitude as well.

A lot of us are working off him being g a good player with a bad attitude. By the sounds of it he's a bad player with a bad attitude. 

If Mowbray thinks differently then let's just see what happens..

He's a rovers player, hope he turns into a world beater.

Good luck to the lad.

Whatever else has gone on with this lad, he is anything but a 'bad footballer'.

• Like 2

Im not really sure about this apparent loan signing of Harrison Reed. The word is that its a loan without an option. He has previously played at centre mid and right back. Is he coming here to be backup? I cant see his club being a fan of that. For us to loan him without an option and playing him in the first 11 he really should be significantly better than our own players. Im not sure thats the case.

The players we have that are able to play CM are: Travis, Smallwood, Rothwell, Davenport, Whittingham, Gladwin, Tomlinson, Evans, Bennett, Rodwell. 

On RB we have Nyambe and Caddis. Nyambe has been playing very well so hopefully the club are still counting on him as a first choice RB

Anyone who know more than me about him? What is the point with his apparent arrival? 

Edited by DanielMB
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I think it was perhaps JH that made the observation initially, but Mowbray isn't helping himself by setting these deadlines, then not delivering signings by said deadline....

(Just in case anyone starts, here's a little disclaimer:  I'm fully behind Mowbray, I love the guy, I'm not being negative and have total faith in him. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nothing happening signings wise today according to Sharpe.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous,Wednesday we were told a couple in on Thursday. Every week we are being told signings by the weekend but nothing happens.

I take by your comment that you are not unhappy about signings, but the fact that someone said something that didn't happen. So what they should say is, we are going to sign nobody, then you are happy.

Edited by rigger

25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think it was perhaps JH that made the observation initially, but Mowbray isn't helping himself by setting these deadlines, then not delivering signings by said deadline....

(Just in case anyone starts, here's a little disclaimer:  I'm fully behind Mowbray, I love the guy and I'm not being negative and have total faith in him. 

I've said before, but need to say again - these are not 'deadlines'. That's not what deadline means. The deadlines are the transfer window and the loan window. TM has never set any of these days as a 'deadline'. Targets perhaps, or just hopes he is deigning to share with us.

That said, I do think it is getting ridiculous. He would actually be better keeping it to himself. Especially since people have a tendency to mistake hopes and targets for promises and deadlines.

All he is doing is creating false expectations and showing just how badly the window isn't going to plan so far.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nothing happening signings wise today according to Sharpe.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous,Wednesday we were told a couple in on Thursday. Every week we are being told signings by the weekend but nothing happens.

The loan window edges closer to closing.  Another failure to bring in players mentioned, except the one 'dubious' free transfer.  This has got all the hall marks of a classic Venkys transfer window.

Lots of people were convinced that we would have no problem getting these loan to permanent transfers done.  Are people still as confident?

Tick tock.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I've said before, but need to say again - these are not 'deadlines'. That's not what deadline means. The deadlines are the transfer window and the loan window. TM has never set any of these days as a 'deadline'. Targets perhaps, or just hopes he is deigning to share with us.

That said, I do think it is getting ridiculous. He would actually be better keeping it to himself. Especially since people have a tendency to mistake hopes and targets for promises and deadlines.

All he is doing is creating false expectations and showing just how badly the window isn't going to plan so far.

At the same time though - if he just said nothing people would be up in arms about that too. 

Didnt listen to it myself but others have said that Rodwell hinted at Reed and Brereton coming in today.

Edited by JacknOry

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Well yeah, that's true. In any event, I'm sure we both agree that he's making a rod (no pun intended) for his own back by setting himself these targets and not meeting them.

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

I take by your comment that you are not unhappy about signings, but the fact that someone said something that didn't happen. So what they should say is, we are going to sign nobody, then you are happy.

I am unhappy that nobody has been brought in yes.Do you not think we are a bit light?

Possibly Dack and Armstrong out tomorrow.Armstrong definitely out.

I could understand it happening once but this has been going on for a month now.Every week Mowbray tells us someone In by the weekend but nothing happens.Wednesday night we were told a couple in on Thursday.

Not really blaming Mowbray as he is probably being told this  by the person who is doing the negotiations. We just can't seem to get deals over the line.

I mean Mark Hughes confirmed in his press conference yesterday that Reed is going on loan, rumour has it he has been up north since Wednesday. What's the hold up getting that deal done?

Edited by islander200

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

I am unhappy that nobody has been brought in yes.Do you not think we are a bit light?

I could understand it happening once but this has been going on for a month now.Every Mowbray tells us someone In by the weekend but nothing happens.Wednesday night we were told a couple in on Thursday.

Not really blaming Mowbray as he is probably being told this  by the person who is doing the negotiations. We just can't seem to get deals over the line.

I mean Mark Hughes confirmed in his press conference yesterday that Reed is going on loan, rumour has it he has been up north since Wednesday. What's the hold up getting that deal done?

This is just an opinion on your points I am not saying who is right or wrong or even if there is a right or wrong.

Players have been brought in.

Every team is always light.

With those two out it's lucky that is an area we have cover.

Negotiations don't always go your way.

The only deal that I would want to get over the line, is a good deal.

The hold up, usually in any deal, is reaching the compromise both parties can agree to. 

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

This is just an opinion on your points I am not saying who is right or wrong or even if there is a right or wrong.

The hold up, usually in any deal, is reaching the compromise both parties can agree to. 

Ok fair enough I can understand where your coming from on most your points .

Disagree the forward areas are a position we are well covered in.

Samuel is also out, will be a stretch to imagine Graham lasting another 90 minutes so leaves us with Nuttall.

No guarantee that Dack will be fit either 

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

We have cover but I would not say that it is adequate cover. Nuttal, then we could be starting with Conway if Dack is out with Palmer in the middle.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

I could understand it happening once but this has been going on for a month now.Every week Mowbray tells us someone In by the weekend but nothing happens.Wednesday night we were told a couple in on Thursday.

Even if Reed did come in today, it’s not going to solve the lack of numbers up top. 

I think Mowbray has always thrown in the caveat of “hopefully” when mentioning targets coming in. 

I’m not convinced the Brereton deal will happen now, Forest holding out for too much?

8 minutes ago, Valois said:

Even if Reed did come in today, it’s not going to solve the lack of numbers up top. 

I think Mowbray has always thrown in the caveat of “hopefully” when mentioning targets coming in. 

I’m not convinced the Brereton deal will happen now, Forest holding out for too much?

My point with Reed was if we are struggling to get that one over the line which should be a pretty straight forward deal to do then I'm losing hope in us getting the attacking additions that are badly needed in.

Not sure what's happening with Brereton 

• Like 1