BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Do any of you guys use the Skygo desktop app to stream sky sports? 

Its so slow and jerky on mine It's hard to watch. That's using 150mb virgin fibre broadband. It used to be ok until they made you download the desktop app. 

Reading online seems to be an issue with the app itself.

Anyone any tips to improve it?

I use skygo on my laptop a lot. It works fine at home on my normal sky broadband and at the hospital on their free wifi when I'm on dialysis at Accrington Victoria hospital. It must be a problem with your broadband. It works perfectly well for me.

• Like 1

Virgin are having a lot of problems with their fibre broadband routers.  They work fine as long as you’re no more than around 3 or four metres away, after that the signal drops away tremendously. Check your speeds with an online speed checker to see if that is the problem.  Skygo works great for me on regular sky broadband of around 17 mb at home and works fine on hotel broadband here in Cyprus. Have a google about virgin broadband problems. Mate of mine has been told by virgin that he needs to have boosters spread around his house.

Edited by den

3 hours ago, den said:

Virgin are having a lot of problems with their fibre broadband routers.  They work fine as long as you’re no more than around 3 or four metres away, after that the signal drops away tremendously. Check your speeds with an online speed checker to see if that is the problem.  Skygo works great for me on regular sky broadband of around 17 mb at home and works fine on hotel broadband here in Cyprus. Have a google about virgin broadband problems. Mate of mine has been told by virgin that he needs to have boosters spread around his house.

My Virgin Broadband Router is shocking. I live in a standard 3 bed semi detached and have to use a signal booster upstairs as the router signal cant reach. The speeds through the main router when in range are 100mbs+ and approv 20-30mbs through the booster. The laptop was also right next to the TV streaming Sky Go so I dont think speed is an issue. 

Seems theres something that SkyGo doesnt like about Virgin Broadband. Used to be fine when it was a web based player rather than the desktop app.