BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• J*B pinned this topic

I notice that both the club website and Saturday's match programme make reference to terracing being available for away supporters.

Whilst there is terracing behind the goals this is usually only made available once the seating is sold out.

My friend went to the club shop to buy a ticket and was told that there were no terracing tickets, only seating.

Has anyone successfully purchased a terracing ticket for this game or is it just another case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Considering we are likely to end up mid table this season a run in the cup would be welcome. Also need to get that first win of the season out of the way.

Id go for:

Raya

Nyambe - Downing - Lenihan - Bell

Travis - Davenport

Palmer - Rothwell - Conway

Armstrong 

Relatively strong team and would give some of our fringe players a chance to impress and a good chance for Palmer, Rothwell and Armstrong to get there first goals of the season. If Samuel is fit then I'd play him up front and Armstrong on the wing instead of Palmer. If Travis standouts then would start him at Hull.

• Like 1

I agree with TruRover that we should be targeting a good cup run. I just think with Carlisle being so poor that we can get away with playing a second 11 of sorts. Or at least those who need some game time.

I'd go

Leutwiler

Travis             Downing          Williams         Bell

Davenport        Whittingham

Armstrong                   Palmer                   Rothwell

Nuttall

Subs: Raya, Lenihan, Nyambe,  Bennett, Conway, Samuel, Dack, 

Isnt there a young winger in the development squad who has been having a good few months? Sure he scored a hat trick the other week in a U23 friendly. Not sure of his name but hes been mentioned in a few threads recently. 

Good chance to give some of these type of players game time alongside some of the first team squad. Id also give Armstrong and Palmer full games to get their fitness up. Travis and Rothwell also a game from the start. 

@richsharpe89 43 minutes ago

Just leaving Brockhall after speaking to Tony Mowbray and Joe Rothwell ahead of the Carlisle cup tie. #Rovers team news: Kasey Palmer a confirmed starter. Dominic Samuel fit to travel, but Derrick Williams won’t be. Jacob Davenport still a couple of weeks away.

Shame about Davenport being stop-start so far... Could be the midfield option we are waiting for.

But it will be interesting to see if Bell can cement a starting place and hopefully Rothwell & Travis can give TM some decisions to make. Probably a good game to play Fisher too?

Looking forward to hopefully seeing the B-team and see what they can do.

Always nice to have a little cup run, but won't be too upset if it goes tits up and we just concentrate on the league this year.

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Shame about Davenport being stop-start so far... Could be the midfield option we are waiting for.

But it will be interesting to see if Bell can cement a starting place and hopefully Rothwell & Travis can give TM some decisions to make. Probably a good game to play Fisher too?

Looking forward to hopefully seeing the B-team and see what they can do.

Always nice to have a little cup run, but won't be too upset if it goes tits up and we just concentrate on the league this year.

Fisher's playing for U23s tonight at Derby.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I’d go for a strong team, no need to rest many at this point let’s get a win and some confidence.

Dack is one I am unsure of as he is pivotal to us so would we want to risk him but he’s looki marginally unfit so more game time may be good.

i think he’ll start both Palmer and Rothwell though with them swapping between central and out wide.

A sensible approach would be to play a strong team while giving a game to maybe 3 or 4 players who you think will be needed to play regularly but haven’t played much yet.  Going out of the cup early just puts a real damper on the early part of the season and winning becomes a habit so it’s a big game and should be treated as such.

11 hours ago, benhben said:

Isnt there a young winger in the development squad who has been having a good few months? Sure he scored a hat trick the other week in a U23 friendly. Not sure of his name but hes been mentioned in a few threads recently. 

Good chance to give some of these type of players game time alongside some of the first team squad. Id also give Armstrong and Palmer full games to get their fitness up. Travis and Rothwell also a game from the start. 

It was Butterworth who got the Hat-trick the other week.He's a striker though 

19 hours ago, benhben said:

Simmonds

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 hours ago, Ricky said:

I can see us coming unstuck in this one. We have been known to struggle in the early rounds of this one. Reckon it’ll be a draw after 90 mins and then we’ll win on pennos.

We have. But we've also had a great day out in Cardiff winning it.