BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

18 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Great result but if we are being picky..and I'm sure TM will, we've let Carlisle have 16 shots - more than we've had.

Midfield balance isn't right on that. 

I think in the back of their minds they always felt they could score a few more if required, attacking play seemed to be the main focus tonight 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Great result but if we are being picky..and I'm sure TM will, we've let Carlisle have 18 shots - more than we've had.

Midfield balance isn't right on that. 

Play playmakers in a defensive midfield position and you will concede chances and goals. Evans and Smallwood are quite safe I'd guess for now.

Edited by Bepeja43

5 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I thought Travis was OK. Rothwell looked really good - he's got a proper engine one him. Looks like our only box-to-box midfielder, and I don't think we've had one of those since Danny Murphy. ?

Palmer... I don't know what to make of him so far. It's only a few games in, but it does seem like he can't be arsed if he's not able to showboat. Hoping that he doesn't see Rovers as a doss around when he could do more defensively if he applied his physique to it more. He's certainly talented, just think Mowbray needs to kick him up the arse and mould him.

Dack is just amazing. Gutted that he didn't get his hat-trick, and his head in hands at the end tells you everything about the guy.

Good win overall, need to sort our defence out a bit (we really could have done with Bauer)

Cheers for the report. Really interested in Rothwell, far too long we've had wishy washy centre midfielders with no defining characteristics as footballers... This lad seems to have some ability on the ball at least. Hopefully gets more opportunities for us, Mowbray seemingly rates him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yup. Good to see the team attacking but you can't let a champ team have 18 shots.

I'm sure a few on here would like to see us go at hull in the same fashion with a similar line up, but my opinion is it wouldn't end well.

• Backroom

Looks like we could handle ourselves in League 2. Good to know I suppose.

Let's see who we get in the next round. Our FA Cup run a few years back was the highlight of an otherwise horrifically boring season, so it'd be nice to progress as far as possible. 

• Like 1

Looks like the next round could be tough...I might have missed one somewhere, but looking over the results I didn't see one Championship side knocked out by lower league opposition. A few knocked out, but by other Championship teams.

13 minutes ago, adsfortheblues said:

this guy is a weirdo, not been on here for a few years, but had to comment, are the mods still as bad as they always were? blocking people for FOS? (yes I was the one, who mentioned a tax case with the owners, and no it never did go any further, but I am confident enough now, not to be bothered, as I know those enquiries were made)

And it comes to light this fella is the infamous Saxo, christ. You allow this kind of thing do you mods? Bring back Glen and Ste

Rules are here: 

If they're followed you'll never get a warning. Some people are better at working the rules than others, but in that case it's for mods to deal with.

I wouldn't usually respond, but your account history confirms you haven't been here since 2016 so it deserves one.

When I saw the line up tonight I thought we'd win comfortably but maybe not 5-1 haha. Glad to hear Rothwell and travis performed, think starting one of them alongside Smallwood/evans should be the way forward. Both together would leave a lack of defensive cover, whereas starting both Smallwood and evans is TOO defensive. Need to get the balance right. On to Saturday we go..

• Like 1

Tony Mowbray saying Dack was the difference tonight, " he's a very,very good player" he didn't like the fact that Carlisle had so many chances and

he won't be playing so many attacking players again, he just wanted to get a win and the game out of the way.

So expect Evans and Smallwood back for Hull.

For me the team that played tonight should be the regular line up. 

Looked fantastic on the highlights. 

We need to play enough attacking players to unlock Dack and Palmer. If we play less as Mowbray is suggesting players get double marked etc

Edited by CambridgeRover

52 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Looks like the next round could be tough...I might have missed one somewhere, but looking over the results I didn't see one Championship side knocked out by lower league opposition. A few knocked out, but by other Championship teams.

Plymouth beat Bristol City.

48 minutes ago, J*B said:

Rules are here: 

If they're followed you'll never get a warning. Some people are better at working the rules than others, but in that case it's for mods to deal with.

I wouldn't usually respond, but your account history confirms you haven't been here since 2016 so it deserves one.

Scratch that- your account history shows you've just posted under a different account name since 2016.

Back to thrashing lower level opposition I know but once again the team looks so much better getting out there on the front foot pressing with the shackles off. Why we have to approach most other games like we are terrified baffles me.

Let's have a go again at weekend.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Plymouth beat Bristol City.

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

Ipswich lost on penalties to Exeter and it took penalties for Forest Boro and Millwall to get past their lower league opposition. 

Oops, I actually did see both of those, must have forgotten about them by the time I got to the bottom of the fixtures! Apologies. I know quite a few struggled and some needed penalties, but all that matters is who got to the next round, which is (almost!) the maximum Champs teams that could have. Shame one or two more didn't go out. It's nice to have easy games early on, gives you a chance of a real run and lets you focus on the league for a while.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Back to thrashing lower level opposition I know but once again the team looks so much better getting out there on the front foot pressing with the shackles off. Why we have to approach most other games like we are terrified baffles me.

Let's have a go again at weekend.

I like to see us attack too, and think this team is suited to it. But if you look at the number of shots we let a League 2 team have, consider how many more, and better taken, a Championship team would achieve, then factor in that they would defend better against us, and that 5-1 win can fairly easily turn into a 3-2 defeat or some such.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I like to see us attack too, and think this team is suited to it. But if you look at the number of shots we let a League 2 team have, consider how many more, and better taken, a Championship team would achieve, then factor in that they would defend better against us, and that 5-1 win can fairly easily turn into a 3-2 defeat or some such.

Very true although we didn't go at Millwall on Sat early doors and they should've been two up by half time probably, it all depends on the oppo but at home against a lot in this div we should be on the front foot.

Hopefully we will be this time around.

Edited by tomphil