BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We won 5-1 away tonight and scored 4 before half time. Don't care if it was Carlisle or Chelsea they were playing, those lads should now retain their places and TM should pick the same starting eleven until results dictate otherwise.

We might then lose 6-5! Back to the Hodgson days. 

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We won 5-1 away tonight and scored 4 before half time. Don't care if it was Carlisle or Chelsea they were playing, those lads should now retain their places and TM should pick the same starting eleven until results dictate otherwise.

Me, you, the gate post and everyone else knows that even if we'd won 10 nil that'll never happen under our Tony that's jus not his bag ?

Mowbray post match interview

"Football is about a balance... how many soldiers, how many artists you have in your team."

#Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray feels he got the balance right in his side tonight.

#Rovers #bbclancssport #bbcfootball https://t.co/9ZxQQCg8Gn

The last minute or less about Transfers so I will post the link there aswell so we can discuss transfers in the right thread

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray post match interview

"Football is about a balance... how many soldiers, how many artists you have in your team."

#Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray feels he got the balance right in his side tonight.

#Rovers #bbclancssport #bbcfootball https://t.co/9ZxQQCg8Gn

The last minute or less about Transfers so I will post the link there aswell so we can discuss transfers in the right thread

Yes boss!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The highlight was outside the ground before kick off when an elderly couple in their early seventies wandered over to a statue of a Carlisle player. The lady bent down to read the plaque and smashed her head on the players iron boot. Slumped and in pain her husband , with his hand behind his back never flinched, paused, and looked at me to say that's a free kick. I couldn't help but laugh. She was ok and started what turned out to be a wonderful night of football. 

?

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Shrewsbury lost again. Played three, lost three. Crazy to recall how they weren't far off automatic promotion last season. That playoff final defeat might be the catalyst of a disastrous season for them.

Yeah they look in real trouble this season. Hurst's departure seems to have been the catalyst - if he'd stayed I think they'd have had a season similar to last.

Funny to see and hear Ipswich fans turning on each other already. It might be dawning on some of them that Mick wasn't necessarily the problem. Meanwhile Hurst is already berating players in post match interviews, which might have worked at lower league level but may not have the same effect further up the chain. McCarthy very rarely criticised the team even when it was deserved, and truth be told most successful managers choose to keep that kind of thing private.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yeah they look in real trouble this season. Hurst's departure seems to have been the catalyst - if he'd stayed I think they'd have had a season similar to last.

Funny to see and hear Ipswich fans turning on each other already. It might be dawning on some of them that Mick wasn't necessarily the problem. Meanwhile Hurst is already berating players in post match interviews, which might have worked at lower league level but may not have the same effect further up the chain. McCarthy very rarely criticised the team even when it was deserved, and truth be told most successful managers choose to keep that kind of thing private.

I would say one of MCarthys main strengths is taking flack on himself and shielding players from it. Whether it be their own fans or the media, he actually has it down to an art form. A little comment in a post-match interview and its all on Mick. He was doing it back when Ireland manager in 2002

I noticed that last night alright from Hurst. I thought it was a bit of a gamble, naive even. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Hurst has gone to having a road named after him and being the messiah to the most hated man in the country inside six months to their fans.

They expected and accepted that he would go at the end of the season but the manner of that departure - which was quite obviously tapping up and had been agreed long before the end of the season is what has annoyed them. They say he stopped doing interviews after matches and that their poor run of form at the end of season massively correlated with what must have been him with his head already on Ipswich.

Then to make matters worse, for them, he decides to, in their opinion, tap up two of their best players (made obvious by their synchronised handing in of transfer requests) and make offers to his former club for them via text message - right at the end of the window leaving them little time to replace.

Edited by JacknOry

Hurst has really got his work cut out at Ipswich. I think people underestimate what a brilliant job McCarthy did there to have them mid-table and play-off pushing for 5 years.

Sadly some people prefer to focus on the negatives and label McCarthy as negative, dour, boring etc.

Don't think anyone can really blame Hurst for taking the Ipswich job as its a decent club in the Championship but I think anyone finishing below Ipswich this season is going to be in serious relegation trouble.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

My two penniths worth.

Alot of positives to take from the game. What can I say about dack that hasn't already been said he's just a joy to watch and seems to get better by the day. After the second goal went in he was screaming at his team and geeing them up to go again. Fantastic attitude and was simply brilliant all night. The suggestion to play him deeper imo is ludicrous. Rothwell however looked comfortable playing that position and could be the answer. He worked hard , put tackles in and the drove forward or played accurate long balls to our front men always looking for the attacking option which was a breath of fresh air. Bell was a menace down the left turning their right back inside out and deserves a run in the team. Raya made a couple of wonderful saves but still has that ability of shattering my confidence in him with moments of madness. Nyambe Charlie and darragh also played very well. Armstrong proved he his a striker through the middle and was superb. 

Negatives

Samuel is awful. His didn't control a thing all night. Nuttall just doesn't get in the right positions and isn't creative enough to make intelligent runs. Sadly Conway is past it at championship level but put a good shift in last night and finally (Tin hat on) . I do not rate Kasey Palmer one bit. Goal aside without the ball he is beyond niave and his positional awareness is appalling. He looks every bit the u23 player ,albeit with potential. His decision making is poor and whilst he's quick he's a yard slower than everyone on the pitch in his head. I would not be starting him against hull. For the odd moment of skill or the odd goal he pops up with he will cost us two. Maybe harsh after three games but tony has alot of work to do with him to get him up to speed.

Overall though a wonderful night I thouroughly enjoyed. Their goal was sublime and was applauded by the traveling faithful and dacks second was recipricated by there fans. The highlight was outside the ground before kick off when an elderly couple in their early seventies wandered over to a statue of a Carlisle player. The lady bent down to read the plaque and smashed her head on the players iron boot. Slumped and in pain her husband , with his hand behind his back never flinched, paused, and looked at me to say that's a free kick. I couldn't help but laugh. She was ok and started what turned out to be a wonderful night of football.

I totally agree with every word. It was a great night's entertainment and well worthwhile making the effort to go. The only thing I'd add is that defensively we were woeful at times and it was 'only Carlisle'. Defend like that in the league and we'll get punished.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic