BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Alan Shearer

40 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Privilege to see him play at Ewood....Will we ever see the likes of him again?

I can say with reasonable certainty that we will not see England’s number one striker, at the peak of his powers, in a Rovers shirt again.

Just now, Stuart said:

I can say with reasonable certainty that we will not see England’s number one striker, at the peak of his powers, in a Rovers shirt again.

Wouldn't say never again, you never know what local may make themselves a billionaire, but not likely in my lifetime.

Just now, Bepeja43 said:

Wouldn't say never again, you never know what local may make themselves a billionaire, but not likely in my lifetime.

We have local billionaires. Trouble is they need to be Rovers fans. We won the league at exactly the right time with Jack. It will take Arab or Chinese money to take us to the PL heights.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I said that when Fred Pickering left us for Everton.

Different times. It was 30 years between Pickering and Shearer.  2018 marks 22 years since Big Al left Rovers for Newcastle (wow - I suddenly feel old!).

In 8 years time I highly doubt Venkys will have sold us to anyone rich enough to propel us to where a club needs to be to have England’s first choice striker in their ranks. Jack was a one-off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Different times. It was 30 years between Pickering and Shearer.  2018 marks 22 years since Big Al left Rovers for Newcastle (wow - I suddenly feel old!).

In 8 years time I highly doubt Venkys will have sold us to anyone rich enough to propel us to where a club needs to be to have England’s first choice striker in their ranks. Jack was a one-off.

We can only dream Stuart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Never know who might suddenly burst through the ranks or come into their own, as a legendary striker one season.

Obviously they'll be off in the summer immediately if they do, but maybe for a twinkling of a moment!

Always annoys me that a lot of Rovers era Shearer is edited out of highlight reels. 'Geordie Hero' etc.

WE had the ultimate Shearer, our edition had everything the later version had...plus pace.  Injuries robbed him of it, turning him more into the target man that a lot of folk only seem to remember. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

His highlight reel is like something from Roy of the Rovers. It defies belief in some ways. Every single type of goal ,from everywhere in the opposition half. Incredible 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You need to look up old film of Rodney Marsh in his heyday. Very like Dack only a bit taller. I remember seeing him having Ronnie Clayton and Keith Newton chasing shadows. That didn't happen often.

I only know Rodney from Soccer Saturday. He never did rehabilitate himself after that questionable gag. I must check out videos of him playing, I heard he was a player and a half