Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stuart

Lancashire Clubs - Round Up

Recommended Posts

A good day (almost) all round for Lancashire sides today.

Lancashire County

Stanley getting a creditable 1-1 draw at home to Charlton with Clarke cancelling out Ahearne-Grant’s 15th minute opener in the 78th minute.

Chorley make it five wins from five to sit at the top of the National League North after a 1-0 win at home to fourth places Hereford.

Bury nicked a point in the 90th minute at home to Forest Green Rovers. Aimson equalising after the away side saw former Blackburn Rover, Gavin Gunning, sent off in the 76th minute.

Oldham got their first win with a 3-1 result against pointless Macclesfield Town.

Bolton won 1-0 away at Reading which sees them up to fifth.

Wigan snatched a draw from the clutches of victory after an injury time penalty was scored from the rebound. They had led 2-1 from the 31st minute after a Will Grigg penalty.

Preston currently 0-0 at home to Stoke with 26 minutes gone.

Burnley play at home to Watford tomorrow.

 

Lancashire Coast

Fleetwood 2 Rochdale 2 with a 95th minute leveller from Henderson’s second.

Blackpool get a point in a 0-0 game away at hapless Shrewsbury.

Fylde demolished Dover 4-0 to go third in the National League.

Southport won 4-1 away at Nuneaton in an early basement battle in the National League North.

Meanwhile Morecambe lost 1-0 away at Stevenage to ruin the clean sweep for Lanky sides and sit bottom of League Two after three games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or Tranmere . I don't understand all this new catchment area stuff. Greater Manchester, merseyside etc. I grew up where united city Liverpool stockport(all not mentioned on that list were all Lancashire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel free to add them @Mattyblue.

Not planning to include Mancs or Scousers. Otherwise we’ll have to do Warrington, Tranmere, etc. Wigan and Bolton were a stretch really.

See how it goes.

I was more impressed with Chorley!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Mersyside . Near Liverpool😁

 

I refuse to recognise such an abomination! As Stu did by adding Southport!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fylde don't half score some goals. Hope they go up this year as they have a set up worthy of the EFL and I can't understand why a football league club hasn't taken a punt on Danny Rowe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A good day (almost) all round for Lancashire sides today.

Lancashire County

Stanley getting a creditable 1-1 draw at home to Charlton with Clarke cancelling out Ahearne-Grant’s 15th minute opener in the 78th minute.

Chorley make it five wins from five to sit at the top of the National League North after a 1-0 win at home to fourth places Hereford.

Bury nicked a point in the 90th minute at home to Forest Green Rovers. Aimson equalising after the away side saw former Blackburn Rover, Gavin Gunning, sent off in the 76th minute.

Oldham got their first win with a 3-1 result against pointless Macclesfield Town.

Bolton won 1-0 away at Reading which sees them up to fifth.

Wigan snatched a draw from the clutches of victory after an injury time penalty was scored from the rebound. They had led 2-1 from the 31st minute after a Will Grigg penalty.

Preston currently 0-0 at home to Stoke with 26 minutes gone.

Burnley play at home to Watford tomorrow.

 

Lancashire Coast

Fleetwood 2 Rochdale 2 with a 95th minute leveller from Henderson’s second.

Blackpool get a point in a 0-0 game away at hapless Shrewsbury.

Fylde demolished Dover 4-0 to go third in the National League.

Southport won 4-1 away at Nuneaton in an early basement battle in the National League North.

Meanwhile Morecambe lost 1-0 away at Stevenage to ruin the clean sweep for Lanky sides and sit bottom of League Two after three games.

That Henderson at Rochdale scores a lot of goals considering he's playing for a very average team. I'm surprised he's still there.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trafford borough is partly Lancs - the Stretford, Urmston area, so Old Trafford too. Partly Cheshire - the Sale and Altrincham area.

Tranmere is on the Wirral - so Cheshire.

 

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Fylde don't half score some goals. Hope they go up this year as they have a set up worthy of the EFL and I can't understand why a football league club hasn't taken a punt on Danny Rowe.

They don't need the money. His goals are worth more than anyone will pay...

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/afc-fylde/afc-fylde-reject-cheltenham-town-bids-for-star-striker-rowe-1-9284702

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I refuse to recognise such an abomination! As Stu did by adding Southport!

Stu was correct! He referred to Lancashire County and could well have included Barrow, Liverpool, Everton, City and United. In fact, as an aside, up until police reorganization in the 1970’s, Old Trafford was policed by Lancashire Constabulary. Ewood, Burnden, Deepdale etc. by the old borough forces

Edited by renrag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showing my age , I remember Rovers playing Southport in the old 3rd Division on a Sunday , in those days it was unheard of !!

Also , Southport as a Preston post code ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, renrag said:

Stu was correct! He referred to Lancashire County and could well have included Barrow, Liverpool, Everton, City and United. In fact, as an aside, up until police reorganization in the 1970’s, Old Trafford was policed by Lancashire Constabulary. Ewood, Burnden, Deepdale etc. by the old borough forces

Exactly! 

Just need to re-establish it, just like other areas have, I.e the scrapping of Humberside, Cleveland and Avon with those areas going back to their traditional counties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Exactly! 

Just need to re-establish it, just like other areas have, I.e the scrapping of Humberside, Cleveland and Avon with those areas going back to their traditional counties.

I agree. Much better going back to the traditional way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Trafford borough is partly Lancs - the Stretford, Urmston area, so Old Trafford too. Partly Cheshire - the Sale and Altrincham area.

Tranmere is on the Wirral - so Cheshire.

 

Yeah I'm sure there isn't ulterior motive as to why he's seemingly included everything up to the Salford/Trafford border. 🙄. Ironic for Stuart to complain about parochial thinking and then he starts this thread.

Edited by Vinjay17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool and Manchester and Southport, Barrow and Widnes were in Lancashire when I was a lad. Amazingly, I received a letter last week from "Manchester, Lancashire".

Good thread. Like to see the town teams doing well - even Burnley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.