BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lancashire Clubs - Round Up

Just now, arbitro said:

I went to the game yesterday and enjoyed the occasion. Chorley deserved to win but at 1-0 I saw the worst miss I have ever seen live. All the Stockport player had to do was side foot the ball into a completely empty goal. Be put it over from four yards - incredible.

Chorley have it in their own hands now and have to win their last two matches but National League North aficionados tell me they are two tough ones.

A win and a draw might do it as they are 6 goals better off. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

A win and a draw might do it as they are 6 goals better off. 

Either way it will be a great finish with both teams so close but looking at Stcockport's resources against Chorley's they have done remarkably well. I believe Stockport are still full time too.

Just now, arbitro said:

Either way it will be a great finish with both teams so close but looking at Stcockport's resources against Chorley's they have done remarkably well. I believe Stockport are still full time too.

It is a great achievement. Credit to Jansen and the assistant who replaced him.

Have Chorley ever been in the Conference before? 

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Well, as predicted by some, Chorley messed it up by losing at Spenny. 

And Stockport have a gimme in their last match at already relegated Nuneaton while Chorley host Bradford Park Avenue. Chorley will probably be in the playoffs for the third year in succession.

48 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Stanley completed their home fixtures with a 5-1 hammering of Plymouth to guarantee League 1 football next season. £1 a pint in the bar all night afterwards - nice reward from Andy Holt.

Which meant they could start work on the new pitch, strangely essential viewing on twitter the videos posted of the work being done and what they are uncovering, obviously plenty of Nori brick :)

Edited by perthblue02

Prospect of Fylde getting into the League following their win away at Flowers' Solihull Moors. Play the winner of Salford and Eastleigh at Wembley. 

Never seen any Moors in Solihull though...

OK a merger with Moor Green gave rise to the name.

Edited by philipl

I work with a bloke who supports Chorley he was saying in his opinion the club doesn’t want to get promoted as they don’t want to go professional. Plus the players will be out of pocket as they wing earn much more plus would have to give up their 9-5 jobs  

Not sure how accurate that is but makes you think considering they’ve lost the last 3 play off finals and fairly meekly surrendered a solid lead this season. 

Chorley beat Altrincham on pens yesterday to reach the final of the Play-Offs. They'll be at home to Spennymoor on the 12th. Win that and they're in the Conference. 

https://www.chorleyfc.com/2019/05/05/magpies-recap-50/

AFC Fylde beat Tim Flowers' Solihull Moors team to reach the Wembley Play-Off final against Salford Citeh. Win that and they join B/pool, Fleetwood, and Morecambe in the new hotbed of English league football!

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/report-phillys-fantastic-fizzer-sets-fylde-final/

Edited by blueboy3333

Salford have been promoted to the EFL after beating AFC Fylde 3-0 at Wembley. I don't know if it's been mentioned before but they are owned by the class of '92 (I was looking for a sarcastic and vomiting emoji here but couldn't find any).

• Like 1

Bad news with Salford getting into the League. Fylde not much better but at least with them there isn't the media love fest. Brace yourselves for unrelenting Sky and media fuelled obsession with Salford. A club being used as a vehicle to promote the ex United players. Not nice to see. With Neville being Sky's star pundit and them conveniently having a sponsorship deal with Sky Bet Super 6 its clear how it is going. A conflict of interest in my opinion but it won't be pretty to watch. They'll suddenly start taking an interest in League Two now Salford are there. Expect they'll be picked for more live broadcasts than we will next season. Cringeworthy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Fylde had 700 fans, I believe.

That’s pathetic. When Clitheroe played brigg town in the fa vase which is a cup for teams not even in the football pyramid the attendance was 8-9,000. Today was to get in the football league and by the sounds of it there was less on today.  

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bad news with Salford getting into the League. Fylde not much better but at least with them there isn't the media love fest. Brace yourselves for unrelenting Sky and media fuelled obsession with Salford. A club being used as a vehicle to promote the ex United players. Not nice to see. With Neville being Sky's star pundit and them conveniently having a sponsorship deal with Sky Bet Super 6 its clear how it is going. A conflict of interest in my opinion but it won't be pretty to watch. They'll suddenly start taking an interest in League Two now Salford are there. Expect they'll be picked for more live broadcasts than we will next season. Cringeworthy.

I was up for AFC Flyde - Lancs club and all that. But then I read they'd allowed  https://www.lep.co.uk/news/people/nigel-farage-and-his-brexit-party-spark-huge-crowd-at-afc-fylde-1-9749979

Even worse, they're sponsored by Cuadrilla. Their owner must be a right ****. Hopefully the grounds gets destroyed by a fracking-induced earthquake....with Farage in it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Fleetwood have a Sunderland style documentary coming out. Looks good. Bit of brawling on the dressing room and Joey talking like a Greek philosopher. Trailer here if interested

Cheers for that.

Hate him or hate him, that line about “taking the ball off better players than him and giving it to better players than him - and making a career out of it” (which I expect he is regurgitating) is quite a good motivator for average players.

Might well give that a watch. Enjoyed the Sunderland one.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

2pm  - Talks about Descartes, metaphysics and disestablishmentarinism and how it relates to an away game at Barnsley.

5pm - knocks the opposing manager out in the tunnel and is boxed in in the car park as he tries to do a runner by local plod

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3