Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

My team would be -

Raya

Nyambe   Lenihan   Mulgrew    Bell

Evans    Rothwell

Bennett         Dack         Palmer

Armstrong

Edited by dallydally

Reading have had a poor start. P3 L3. Ex-Rover Clement is in charge.  Well-respected as a coach but doesn't appear to have what  it takes to be a good manager. On that note Stephen Warnock was on TV talking about Schteve McClaren the other day. He said his training sessions were brilliant but his man-management was poor. 

Anyway, same team as Hull based on not changing a winning team. 

Hull may have Aluko back in their squad and that chap who used to be here, Barrow. So they have good players even if they aren't doing well.

1-0 Rovers.

We should dominate possession in this one, which makes me wonder whether Graham, with his hold up play and intellgence, will be a better bet than Armstrong, whose pace is lethal when there is space. I can't see pointless Reading coming to win this one, they will park the bus.

• Moderation Lead

A game we really need to be winning, this one. They’ve had a shocking start and we should be beating them really. 

Clement, like Garry Monk is one of those managers that generates a lot of hype but never really justifies it with results IMO.

1 hour ago, LewisF said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Bennett

Armstrong Dack Palmer

Graham

one we could easily win, 3-1 Rovers

Same team as this.

A game we should be immensely disappointed not to win, no need for Bennett, Evans AND Smallwood. The latter should move to the bench.

• Like 1

Raya

Nyambe - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell

Travis - Evans

Palmer - Dack - Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leuwiter, Williams, Smallwood, Evans, Bennett, Armstrong, Samuel.

Would go with this against reading, I think we will have more of the ball so I reckon Graham would be a better fit than Armstrong as he wont have as much space as he did against Hull, along with that his pace could be useful off the bench. Travis and Rothwell have shown me enough to suggest they deserve a starting place and could grow to become key members of this team and I reckon this is probably a good game to throw them in from the start. 

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic
2 hours ago, LewisF said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Bennett

Armstrong Dack Palmer

Graham

one we could easily win, 3-1 Rovers

That’s the team right there

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

Bit harsh on AA who I think has played well up front in the last two games but I agree that at home it should be Graham and let AA off the leash when away with all that additional space. Whoever suggested dropping him to the bench though - cannot agree with that.

• Like 1

Reading's awful start will make them dangerous opponents so wouldn't be completely surprised by us having to fight back from going a goal down if we make a slow start.

Most people see Reading as potential strugglers so a good early benchmark fixture for how comfortable or otherwise survival will be.

Obviously hoping for a win and a good looking table on Wednesday night but have a horrible feeling this will be 1-1 or even worse.

Just the kind of game we'll slip up in I can see them coming and shutting up shop even though it's early season plus the championship throws up those curved balls. Hopefully we go for the jugular and continue what's shaping up to be a decent start.

Rovers 0   Reading 1

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yes, midweek Champs fixtures are all supposed to be available on Sky.

I only have sky go (Skys online streaming service)- Im just unsure if the red button content will be available on Sky- Go? Ive had a quick look on their website and it seems to suggest it will be.. Good news if so !

OK, need to keep the momentum moving on this one.  Reading have started the season with little luck and I feel they are a better team than their position gives credit too...  lets hope we get the rub of the green on Wednesday.  Big thanks to Marc Mayo from The Tilehurst End Podcast for talking to me about this match. 

• Like 4