BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading were poor last season as well as starting this one badly. It's not just a weak start Imo but a season or so of decline. With this in mind I'm expecting to see a Rovers win in a fairly comfortable manner - although it is Rovers!

Love August games as have more flexibility to go see them and looking forward to another positive night at Ewood. The team looks fairly settled and performing well, Reading aren't as in your face as Millwall, so all the signs look good for a Rovers win.

Dack being out would make it harder but we have a few other players who can cause teams problems. Even without Dack I'd be expecting a win. 2-0 Rovers

• Backroom

Think we’ll win this one, Barrow may cause us a few issues though, going for 2-1.

Palmer in place of Dack with Armstrong at the side and Graham up top if Brad isn’t 100%

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

Think we’ll win this one, Barrow may cause us a few issues though, going for 2-1.

Palmer in place of Dack with Armstrong at the side and Graham up top if Brad isn’t 100%

I liked Barrow, how he never played more for us is a mystery. I saw this lad Sims play once for Southampton and he looked pretty handy.

1 hour ago, Peteb2014 said:

Does anyone know if the parking eye at aldi iceland is working better find a new place to park before tomorrow if it is

As far as I know There's no cameras up yet and the signs have been for deterrent value only to date but that doesn't necessarily mean that wardens won't suddenly turn up tonight or before one of the other games and start dishing out tickets!.

Let's not forget Reading list all three very narrowly and in two cases rather unluckily. There is a sense they are going to click soon unlike Hull who are a rather poor side.

This is a game I will just be hugely relieved if we get three points from.

Don't get me wrong, I am beginning to be very optimistic about Rovers this season but this is a division where, with only one or two exceptions, any club can beat any other club on a decent day.

We are not going to go through this season like the knife through butter after the Wimbledon game last year. We are going to have unexpected reverses even if we have a great first year back and I have a bad feeling about tonight.

• Like 1

Can see us dropping points tonight, they will be desperate to get a win and I think a nice pitch with a flat atmosphere will suit them. I know coming off the back of a good away win confidence should be high but if a team is struggling for points or performance you can usually bank on Rovers to help out with that. Back to back wins always feels like asking too much of us. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As far as I know There's no cameras up yet and the signs have been for deterrent value only to date but that doesn't necessarily mean that wardens won't suddenly turn up tonight or before one of the other games and start dishing out tickets!.

Thanks Rev. Are you risking it or have you found somewhere else

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Can see us dropping points tonight, they will be desperate to get a win and I think a nice pitch with a flat atmosphere will suit them. I know coming off the back of a good away win confidence should be high but if a team is struggling for points or performance you can usually bank on Rovers to help out with that. Back to back wins always feels like asking too much of us. 

Because we struggled last season to get back to back wins... Carlisle, Hull... 

2 hours ago, Neal said:

That's the spirit.

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we start slowly tonight we could be in for a stinker of a result. It is imperative that we hit the ground running here. We could get away with poor starts in league 1, we won't get away with it this season against 90% of teams. 

Starting slowly has been an issue for a long while. The first 15 minutes is when the opposition are at their most vulnerable. No team likes playing  away from home. You should get your foot on their neck and keep it there.

You can tell after a short period of time if we're up for it. 

Same with my Rugby League team. If they're stood about like a bunch of grapes, taking the ball stood still, falling off tackles in the first 5 minutes you're usually in for a long afternoon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Starting slowly has been an issue for a long while. The first 15 minutes is when the opposition are at their most vulnerable. No team likes playing  away from home. You should get your foot on their neck and keep it there.

Same with my Rugby League team. If they're stood about like a bunch of grapes, taking the ball stood still, falling off tackles in the first 5 minutes you're usually in for a long afternoon.

Ya and especially a team who has lost 3 on the bounce. If we burst out of the blocks and get a goal, it will knock the stuffing out of them. If we are overly cautious and invite these into the game, allowing them to build confidence, we could be in trouble. 

As you say, we will know after 5 minutes which Rovers have shown up. I just have a bad feeling it will be the flat one.... 

• Like 1

Very much looking forward to this one. Added benefit having it on sky now for overseas fans, beats going all around the world for ifollow as Ireland has the same conditions as the UK for some reason. I will enjoy it and think a nice 2-0 or 2-1 win to compliment and very solid start!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think this is the Mowbray way, to sit back at first and see how the opposition are set up. I agree, it doesn't help when we're at home because it gives the opposition confidence and makes everyone nervous. Millwall being the perfect example. We got away with it last season because the quality of Dack, Graham, Armstrong, Payne came through in the 2nd halves, but one day we'll be punished for it this season if we're not careful.

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

Very much looking forward to this one. Added benefit having it on sky now for overseas fans, beats going all around the world for ifollow as Ireland has the same conditions as the UK for some reason. I will enjoy it and think a nice 2-0 or 2-1 win to compliment and very solid start!

How so?

Must win game (again). We simply have to be winning home games against other minnows if we want to avoid being in a relegation fight.

We should be sitting up there near the top already (the draws were poor results on reflection) as we haven't yet played anyone that's realistically going to finish top 10.