BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

People will no doubt shout at me for labelling this as a "must win" game tonight but we need to start getting into the habit of winning our home games and I also think we need to be looking at a minimum of four points from the next 2 home games. Brentford are flying at the moment and that will be an exceptionally tough test. This looks by far the more likely proposition.

Six points and eleven points from five games would of course be dreamland.

I know what you’re saying Rev, but 5 points from 9, mid table after 3 games, with 129 points left to play for. It’s not how I’d define a “must win” game.

Victory tonight would put us in the top 6 if other results go our way. So while beating Reading is not a "must-win" it's would be a big confidence boost for players and fans to see us so high in the table this early in the season. 

• Like 1

Totally different test for us tonight than last weekend. Hull forwards weren't particularly mobile and Reading will have lots more pace in Barrow, Sims and Aluko... Which worries me against Evans, Smallwood and Mulgrew who aren't particularly quick. Can see a score draw here.

31 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

I know what you’re saying Rev, but 5 points from 9, mid table after 3 games, with 129 points left to play for. It’s not how I’d define a “must win” game.

He has a point, more so for the mentality if the players.  If we win confidence will be soaring if we lose doubt will creep in.  I could be wrong butI think that is what Rev is getting at So based on that yeah must win.  In terms of over the season not so much.  

BLACKBURN v READING

Blackburn: Raya, Nyambe, Smallwood, Armstrong, Rothwell, Graham, Mulgrew, Bell, Lenihan, Evans, Bennett,

Subs: Leutwiler, Samuel, Nuttall, Downing, Travis, Hart, Conway

Reading: Mannone, Yiadom, McShane, Moore, Bacuna, Baldock, Aluko, Meite, Bodvarsson, Blackett, Kelly

Subs: Walker, O’Shea, Meyler, Swift, Barrow, Sims, McNulty

That must be one of the worst benches we have ever had. Waggott, Mowbray or whoever is in charge of transfers need to pull their finger out and bring some players in, other than Downing and potentially Travis that bench is not good enough for League 1 football.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Tonight could have been a big night for Palmer with Dack out.

As others have said three games and a couple of knocks in we look scarily short of quality in depth.

Barrow on the bench for them could be intimidating for tired legs later