BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Evans can be an utter disgrace of a footballer at times 

What a sad comment. Been one of our best players tonight. 

Cant fault that. Great effort. Considering the injuries and being down by 2, I don’t think many on here gave us much of a chance. Rothwell looks a real player as well. Lenihan has an off day but it happens. We need bodies through the door ASAP but putting that aside, we did really well to get back into it tonight.

• Like 7

What a loony game. Everything could have happened. Great on the ref for getting it right and Mulgrew for holding his nerve twice...and at the same time, we really had the chances to win it, but not the quality.

Maybe it can be said we can be happy with a draw given the triple crucial injuries today, but....it really can't be said enough how important it is to get reinforcements. If any game will prove that, it's this one.

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Has there ever been three worse subs introduced for us than Nuttall, Samuel and Conway (appreciate the latter was good several years ago)?

Any other 2 players with Brown he could lower the average if he came on with Messi and Ronaldo 

Just now, neophox said:

We all can now see Why Mowbray signed Rothwell. 

But if he’s shown in training what he’s shown on the pitch you also have to ask why Mowbray hasn’t started him until we have three midfield injuries (Davenport, Palmer, Dack)

20 minutes ago, AAK said:

So are Ipswich and Millwall but we didnt beat them either. It's a worry, as we have real top teams of the division coming up now. 

Villa and Brentford are a massive 2 points ahead of us and the others below us, albeit just in most cases apart from Stoke who look dreadful. So it's not mission impossible to pick up points. It's a tough tough league but we're unbeaten. 

That said, we desperately need at least Dack back Saturday and I expect he will be. We won that tonight with him, simple as that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

What a sad comment. Been one of our best players tonight. 

Evans was immense. Genuinely, might lack the the final ball quality but when we went to one DM in the second half (Bennett dropping in) we didn’t look any weaker in the centre. He covered every single blade of grass, took a clever booking too.

• Like 6

Very good second half for Bennett - full of drive. Evans and Nuttall putting in plenty of effort. Rothwell playing himself into a starting role. Very composed. 

But a special mention to Nyambe. At times I thought there were 2 of him in the second half. Lad just keeps improving. 

Edited by Doaksie
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

But if he’s shown in training what he’s shown on the pitch you also have to ask why Mowbray hasn’t started him until we have three midfield injuries (Davenport, Palmer, Dack)

Rothwell should replace Smallwood for me. Showed tonight what an excellent all-round player he is. Drove forward with the ball, great passing, great energy and got stuck in. 

The man mountain Nyambe is becoming a beast. Bailed out the defence on several occasions as well running the full pitch all night.

Forgot to mention Evans as well. Probably the most consistent performer so far this season. Another all-action performance with energy and know how. Loved who he took a yellow for the team when Reading was about to break through.

Edited by briansol

Just now, Tom said:

Good point in the end; Nyambe is becoming a really good player.

Just wish that him and Bell would have more confidence when going forward. Instead of cutting inside and passing side ways or backwards, I'd like to see them putting some crosses in and getting down the wing.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Surely Smallwood won't be starting on Saturday. 

See Nixon is linking us with Harrison reed from Southampton. Looked excellent when he first broke through at Southampton but hasn't really pushed on since

Was a real fan favourite at Norwich last season. Would be a very good signing. Anything in Anichebe being at the game I wonder. Might not be a bad free transfer. Bloke is an absolute unit. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm glad I was wrong. Couldn't see it at half time. Thank you Paul McShane 

I admit - You called it on McShane. 

Surreal game really - i was about to turn off at half-time too. 

TM muist have given a rocket at half-time though. We need bodies in, so many knocks and injuries - whether its an 8 million striker or some quality additions spread out at that value I dont care. We are threadbare right now. 

Dack you better be back for Brentford.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just wish that him and Bell would have more confidence when going forward. Instead of cutting inside and passing side ways or backwards, I'd like to see them putting some crosses in and getting down the wing.

That will come. They are both growing as players and in confidence too