BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Ossydave said:

Villa and Brentford are a massive 2 points ahead of us and the others below us, albeit just in most cases apart from Stoke who look dreadful. So it's not mission impossible to pick up points. It's a tough tough league but we're unbeaten. 

That said, we desperately need at least Dack back Saturday and I expect he will be. We won that tonight with him, simple as that 

Think being unbeaten is key - how long now? Losing could have been a massive dent to confidence so this I think will add to it considering the players we lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Only way it could be going worse is if Graham breaks his leg. 3 of our 4 best attackers are not on the pitch and we are 2 down.

Writing this one off right now. Be amazed if we get even a draw. Didn't need this tonight, got something I have to be focussed for.

I'm so glad I was talking a load of old bollocks.

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

Think being unbeaten is key - how long now? Losing could have been a massive dent to confidence so this I think will add to it considering the players we lost.

Yeah the team showed great character tonight considering the players out and then Armstrong picking up an injury 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

At home it's like 20 odd league games unbeaten now, granted most of them were the league below but its still impressive. Smallwood said pre match how they like playing at Ewood and it shows with them stats. Yes we did play a bit bobbins tonight but maintained our record with a few key injuries. 

Edited by Ossydave

8 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Was a real fan favourite at Norwich last season. Would be a very good signing. Anything in Anichebe being at the game I wonder. Might not be a bad free transfer. Bloke is an absolute unit. 

I suppose Anichebe would give us an extra physical option up top but his injury  and goalscoring record would be a worry 

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I’ve been the biggest critic of Evans for years -, but if he plays like he did that second half in every game, not only will he win me over but he’ll negate the need for a second DM, especially at home.

To be fair, for me, he has played well since the end of last season and so far this one. The cynic in me says that is mainly because his, what is it? 15k a week contract is coming to an end. Suits us for this season though - then I would just give him 1-year extensions if thats what it takes to make him play.

It was sheer desire and spirit that got us a point in that game. We were pretty poor going forward - not surprising when we were missing Dack, Armstrong and Palmer - but we kept plugging away and never gave up. Fantastic resilience this set of players have.

Rothwell outstanding. Nyambe, Bennett and Evans very good too. I thought Nuttal did really well when he came on.

Looks like Anichibe will be coming in on a free then. Not a bad freebie.

• Like 2

poor result against a weak team.

Reading offered little and we gifted them the lead after a bright start. We then proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the first half including giving them another goal.

Second half Reading were terrified when we attacked and Rovers duely clawed back a point. With better choices of when to shoot (the players seemed a bit afraid to), a better final ball or more clinical shooting we could and should have won.

Negatives - Reading look relegation candidates and so it really is 3 points thrown away. Lenihan had a shocker not just for the goal.

Positives - Rothwell looks a real find, and I thought the full backs looked good. Most significantly we at least got something from the game and prevented disaster though many warning signs were on display.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CD_93 said:

The Tony Mowbray effect in action tonight. Rockets up backsides at half time. Rothwell a real player. Lets hope nothing too serious for Arma (and Dom and Palmer).

Indeed Tony does seem to have a plan B which is more than you can say for a lot of managers. Problem is his Plan A at the moment. 

If the first draw felt like a defeat, that one felt like a win.

Absolutely astonishing comeback. We could even have won it!

Masterstroke by Mowbray to switch him inside and bring off Smallwood at half time. Brave and positive and what a difference it made.

A second half fuelled by adrenalin and powered by Joe Rothwell. That lad was magnificent and it was so refreshing to see the MoM be correctly awarded instead of by default to the goal scorer. 

Nyambe - fantastic! Graham - fantastic (he was devastated at the end that we didn’t win it)! Conway - great cameo always showing for the ball and driving us forward! Finally Nuttall showed glimpses of what he is capable of! A decent mini cameo from Samuel.

This could be described as a game of two halves but really it was a game of one half.

Heart rate is just about returning to normal.

We are still short in the squad and it was by sheer will and determination that we grabbed a point. That won’t last and there will be some walking wounded tomorrow morning. For now though - delighted.

??????

• Like 8

The hoardings were unbareably bright until they turned them down to a more sensible level, i actually think sighting the ball by the players would have been affected in certain situations. They still flashed too much and were generally distracting imo. 

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mulgrew really is key to how we play. If we get all of our good attacking players out, we will cause teams problems. Just lacked it in the final third this evening. Not sure Bell is as good as I hoped he would be. I expected him to take players on a bit more 

Bell is still learning his trade.  He is still young and yes sometimes he looked poor but other times looked really good.

Cut the boy some slack.  He has pace to burn and he will improve.  Maybe I am a little bit older than you but I remember Tommy Hutchinson giving Kieth Newton an absolutely torrid time at Bloomfield Road but look how that turned out.

Both Bell and Nyambe will be ok.

• Like 1

JOE ROTHWELL... CLASS. Impressed me at the weekend but tonight, wow, played everywhere in midfield, as I said after Hull... We've got ourselves a gem there.

When we got relegated against Brentford, Ryan Nyambe was the best player on the pitch, I saw enough from that performance to know he could be a great player for us. Class against Hull and class tonight again, got forward better than Bell, such a strong lad. 

I've given Evans stick recently, apart from one frustrating ball at the end, he was outstanding tonight. 

I never fancied us for a win tonight, one of those that you're almost certain of but given our chances and how we fought back, I think we probably deserved to win it. Although Brentford are a tougher side, I somehow think it might suit us a bit better. 

This group of players really do have a lot of spirit, thanks to super TM. 

Tony Mowbrays barmy army! 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 8