BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I think I would be inclined to start the same team as the weekend but have Rothwell in there instead of Smallwood. I feel like eventually he will replace Smallwood in there so i'd like to see him starting a few games to ease him in.

Wouldn't be unhappy to see Bennett in CM either with Rothwell or Armstrong moving out wide and Graham coming back in up top. Would feel a bit bad for Armstrong though as I think he's been great in the last two games up front.

I think we can afford to go slightly more attacking for this one without being kamikaze. 

Bennett in CM gives more pressing energy than Evans or Smallwood but will still provide decent defensive cover. I like the fact Bell is starting at LB now, him and Nyambe pushing on make us look far more balanced than the defensive williams. It also reduces the impact of not having any geniuine wide players up front. 

Same front 4 as Carlisle and give them license to roam. 

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Bennett

Rothwell    Dack    Palmer

Armstrong

• Like 3

Reading Tony's comments in the LT, there's little to no chance of Smallwood being dropped anytime soon. 

I think we'll start as we did vs Millwall. Which means no Armstrong or Rothwell, but it's good to have decent competition and options off the bench for a change!

Reading will be a tough nut to crack. They'll be desperate to get their season up and running after 3 narrow defeats. By the sounds of things they haven't been particularly bad - lost in the last minute v Derby, went down 1-0 at Forest and then were apparently unfortunate to lose 1-0 to Notlob. Paul Clement sets his sides up to be hard to break down so the first goal in this one will be crucial.

Nonetheless we need to build on the momentum and positive result at the weekend. Reading at home the sort we need to be winning for survival. A win here makes it a very decent start which we needed given our history of poor starts and decent fixture list.

After The way we performed Saturday I would not be surprised to see the same 11 , However IF Dack is unavailable I would probably start Rothwell on the left and move Palmer centrally in the Dack role

That first half against Hull was some of the best football we have played in years, I think we will see the same starting 11, but would prefer to drop Smallwood and put Bennett in centre mid with Armstrong dropping back to the Inside Forward on the right, with Graham coming in. 

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm hoping for a win but I've been watching us too long to be over confident. We love a banana skin at Rovers. If we win well tonight I'll really start to believe we can go places this season. I'm going for a draw 1-1 tonight.

Tomorrow night

We should be winning this imo and if we do it would cap a great start to the season and leave us with no pressure heading into the Brentford game which will be difficult, and will probably be the best indication so far to us fans of how far we can go this season. However we've got reading to get past first, I cant help but think this is one of those classic Rovers games which we get a disappointing result in. Hope I'm wrong.

Raya

Nyambe - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell

Travis - Evans

Palmer - Dack - Armstrong

Graham

7 minutes ago, TruRover said:

We should be winning this imo and if we do it would cap a great start to the season and leave us with no pressure heading into the Brentford game which will be difficult, and will probably be the best indication so far to us fans of how far we can go this season. However we've got reading to get past first, I cant help but think this is one of those classic Rovers games which we get a disappointing result in. Hope I'm wrong.

Raya

Nyambe - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell

Travis - Evans

Palmer - Dack - Armstrong

Graham

That'd be my team as well, only with Smallwood keeping his place in front of Travis.

I know that Richie's never going to be the perfect midfielder, but there's a lot to be said for his role the platform that the attacking players have had to take the game to the opposition. Dack et al are getting all the plaudits and rightly so, but Smallwood and, even though I'm not his biggest fan, Evans must be playing their part in that too.

Graham, after Milwall, will be itching to get off the mark at Ewood. Feel he will see us through this one. Armstrong will also be looking to impress at home.

Feels good to have Travis and Rothwell on the bench. They've been looking really sharp to help see games out.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

1-1 if Dack isn't fit, 3-1 if he is 

Dack is our main man undoubtedly but if there's a doubt on his fitness I'd start him on the bench tomorrow and only bring him on if necessary. I'd much rather him be fully fit for Brentford on Saturday who pose a much greater threat than Reading. 

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

Dack is our main man undoubtedly but if there's a doubt on his fitness I'd start him on the bench tomorrow and only bring him on if necessary. I'd much rather him be fully fit for Brentford on Saturday who pose a much greater threat than Reading. 

True, we have Palmer who can fill in if needs be. Although if Dack could only do 45 mins, I would be tempted to give him the 1st 45. If we get at these straight away, we could blow them away. 

• Like 1