BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Simmer down mate. QPR look doomed, Rotherham are cack and hull look poor.  We should be looking to top half at least.

Well Reading haven't looked much better to be honest. If we can't beat them at home we can expect to be in and around them in the table for the season.

23 minutes ago, Husky said:

Well Reading haven't looked much better to be honest. If we can't beat them at home we can expect to be in and around them in the table for the season.

That's not how football works though, is it? It would be a bad result but we would move on.

56 minutes ago, Husky said:

Agree - if we can't beat the likes of Reading at home we're in for a long hard season. Fortunately there's been lots of positive signs that indicate we have an excellent chance of doing so.

I'd agree a lot of teams look weak which I find quite freeing - Ipswich, Rotherham, QPR, Reading and Hull to name a few, with a few more only an injury or two away from struggling. But as we learned the season before last this isn't something that can be relied upon.

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

As the season progresses squad depth will determine which teams are good and poor and which part of the league they are challenging in

That's exactly it. Mowbray is acutely aware of this. We need quality though, not quantity and in fairness to Mowbray he is being patient. 

13 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Agree - if we can't beat the likes of Reading at home we're in for a long hard season. Fortunately there's been lots of positive signs that indicate we have an excellent chance of doing so.

I'd agree a lot of teams look weak which I find quite freeing - Ipswich, Rotherham, QPR, Reading and Hull to name a few, with a few more only an injury or two away from struggling. But as we learned the season before last this isn't something that can be relied upon.

Ah, it's not really that black and white. We should beat them going off our starts to the season, but ultimately some results happen in isolation to the rest of your season. We bet Newcastle twice the season they won the league and we got relegated

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah, it's not really that black and white. We should beat them going off our starts to the season, but ultimately some results happen in isolation to the rest of your season. We bet Newcastle twice the season they won the league and we got relegated

This is the championship. There are no easy games, anybody can beat anybody. That's why it's such a good league to watch, Reading won't roll over tonight but I'm expecting us to hopefully have too much for them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

Been a while since we have truly put a team to the sword , I'm hoping we can  smash reading 3 or 4 nil Armstrong hatrick

Reading haven't been hammered this season.Watched the first game and they were a bit unlucky to be fair.

We should be beating Reading at home but it's not going to be as easy as some think

Agree with others who've said that the first (especially early) goal is likely to make all the difference here.  Get three points here, and we can go into the international break saying that we've had a good start, even if we lose to Brentford beforehand.

With Dack, I think we win this fairly comfortably. Without, still going for a slightly nervy 2-1 win.

Looking at Reading’s squad, they seem strongest in the middle of the park. So it’s going to be a big contest there I feel and I hope Evans and Smallwood are up to the task. Their attacking players and defence look rather weak to me.

I can’t look past a win for us, but our record against out of form teams is pretty miserable, so I’m not expecting too much. 

If we did win, would this be the best start to a season we’ve had in a while? Can’t remember the last time we started the season with 5 games unbeaten (including the League Cup game).

Going to be a wet one. That fine stuff that soaks you through.

Here’s hoping we don’t do our usual and gift struggling opposition some points/goals.

A fast surface, quick tempo, under the flood lights, 2-0 Rovers and an end to the final 10 minute nail biting!

People will no doubt shout at me for labelling this as a "must win" game tonight but we need to start getting into the habit of winning our home games and I also think we need to be looking at a minimum of four points from the next 2 home games. Brentford are flying at the moment and that will be an exceptionally tough test. This looks by far the more likely proposition.

Six points and eleven points from five games would of course be dreamland.

• Like 1