BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Len Johnrose: 'I'm not afraid of dying'

23 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Life can be cruel,it's story's like this that put your own troubles into perspective.

Question...was Lenny one of the first Black Players to play in our colours?

He would have been one of the first, certainly. Franz Carr played before him (whether he played for the first team I'm not sure but he certainly wore the colours) and Howie Gayle was around about the same time. Can't readily think of too many black players that preceded them.

I just saw this on a sports website. Jesusssss.....I remember him from when I first started supporting Rovers as a child.

Nice to see he's 'not afraid of dying though'. That's the mindset all should try and get themselves into . . .

I wonder if when the time comes he'll choose to travel and go down the Assisted Dying route . . .

https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

It's shocking how in 2018 courts and governments are blocking this whilst at the same time a lot of them still believe in sky fairies (something from ancient times when people didn't know better).

• Like 1

As a kid I recall Lenny scoring a screamer to salvage a point in an important game. Was it 2-2 v Sunderland when the wheels fell off the 92 promotion wagon??? Anyway he was always one of my favourites at the time as he was, like handbag, a product of the youth setup. So sad ☹️

Such a shame it's a cruel world,

Always think of Rovers 5 West Ham 4 when I think of Lennie, really looked like he was going to be the new young striker we'd longed for to help out Garner but ended up a Dingle legend instead.

Wishing all the best with his fight.

On 23/08/2018 at 23:24, perthblue02 said:

Don't remember that , are you thinking of Tony Finnigan? Now that was a screamer

You’re right of course ..... doh.  He scored in that incredible game against West Ham dudn’t He? Or am I getting mixed up again?

• 2 months later...

Lengthy interview on Sky Sports today.

Seems glib and basic to call him “brave” or “inspirational” but this man is facing this horrific disease with as much character and grace as anyone could ever imagine. Eloquent and forthright in raising awareness of the effects of MND on himself and his family, and still he’s doing as much as physically possible to raise money for charity.

Next up a skydive!

Believe he’s still teaching too. Humbling stuff. Go on Lenny.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 5

On 23/08/2018 at 07:41, Rover_Shaun said:

As a kid I recall Lenny scoring a screamer to salvage a point in an important game. Was it 2-2 v Sunderland when the wheels fell off the 92 promotion wagon??? Anyway he was always one of my favourites at the time as he was, like handbag, a product of the youth setup. So sad ☹️

Think he pinged one of the crossbar from distance, he really smacked it. Think it was during tony parkes ' caretaker period in Ninety one. 

I'm sure getting that diagnosis da scarey place to be. I wish him all the best

I seem to recall Johnrose scoring a half volley from the half way line away at Rotherham in the league cup? 87,88 maybe?

I wish him well, despite his pro burnley/anti Rovers nonsense a few years back....

• Like 1