BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rodwell signs

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They just have a rabid hatred of the guy that precludes any rational views of him.

Hes seen as a symbol of their decline, double relegation and all that. I suppose I’d be the same if I saw Bradley Orr on the pitch again and it’s why I shout at the TV to this day when I hear or see Danny Murphy.

The Sunderland fans wrote on there forum Yesterday that he was annonymous all game and got dragged off at the hour mark. I think they are always going to have biased negative views of him in the way if coyle did well somewhere no fans on here would change there views on him. There loss our gain

Edited by Oldgregg86

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They just have a rabid hatred of the guy that precludes any rational views of him.

Hes seen as a symbol of their decline, double relegation and all that. I suppose I’d be the same if I saw Bradley Orr on the pitch again and it’s why I shout at the TV to this day when I hear or see Danny Murphy.

He's done more than Danny Murphy ever did already.

• Like 4

When someone misses the amount of time he has you worry they arent the same player physically. But from what I have seen its still there. Still quick enough, strong enough, technically still looks good.

Quite promising. He just needs to stay fit now and get a run of games, which is obviously tough with his history, but if he does then we have a bargain of a player for the 2nd half of the season

• Like 1

Pleasantly impressed v Bolton. Height, strength, the ability to pick the pass and deliver it accurately...…..what's not to like? I reckon if the lad's ever going to get his mojo back, he's got a great chance with this set of teammates...……………..and this manager.

• Like 2

I know it’s already said, but really excited by the player we’ve added here - I can see why TM sees him as a centreback but he didn’t half exude class as a midfielder for 25 minutes on Saturday!

Our team struggled when the Bolton lads got properly tight and pushed up but definitely positive signs.

11 hours ago, den9112 said:

Rodwell bossed the game in his time on the pitch against Bolton..Stood out by a country mile

There was a moment towards the end of the first half when we were under pressure when Rodwell passed the ball deliberately into touch deep in the Bolton half so the whole defence could move out and regroup

• Like 1

If I were TM, I'd be showing Rodwell Tugay videos on permanent loops and getting the master over to Brockhall to have a word. Rodwell's play at Bolton for about 15 minutes was Tugay-esque running the game from a holding-ish midfield slot spraying the passes around. We dare hope....

That said, a back three with two wing backs work if you have the right personnel.

We clearly didn't last season. 

We are screwed this season also if Rodwell, Lenihan and Mulgrew aren't all fit and on top of their game and we need  continuous development of the defensive sides of Nyambe and Bell as wing backs to dare playing a back three in the Championship. 

But if these things came to pass, a back three approach would make Rovers incredibly exciting to watch. 

• Like 1

Agree that three at the back failed miserably last season, but (on paper at least) we look really well set to make it work now.

Raya

Lenihan  Rodwell   Mulgrew

Nyambe                                          Bell

Evans Reed Smallwood

Dack

Graham

A bit on the conservative side, but that looks a well balanced team for me, and when you think there's the likes of Bennett (who would probably start somewhere anyway) Palmer, Rothwell and Armstrong to bring into the midfield/attack if we wanted to be more threatening then I think we've got the players to make this work. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree that three at the back failed miserably last season, but (on paper at least) we look really well set to make it work now.

Raya

Evans Reed Smallwood

Dack

Graham

A bit on the conservative side, but that looks a well balanced team for me, and when you think there's the likes of Bennett (who would probably start somewhere anyway) Palmer, Rothwell and Armstrong to bring into the midfield/attack if we wanted to be more threatening then I think we've got the players to make this work. 

I like the look of that. We would need Nyambe and Bell to get up and down a lot though. Not sure if they would be up to being defensive and offensive outlets 

How about 

Raya

Evans Reed

Dack                     Armstrong 

Graham 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I can't believe people are still discussing us to start with three at the back.

It has worked a couple of times as an option when chasing the game, thinking of Oldham at home and Portsmouth away last season.

Every time we have started with it though it looks like the players have never even met before let alone played that system.

We should be starting with the same system that has worked so well for nearly 18 months now.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I like the look of that. We would need Nyambe and Bell to get up and down a lot though. Not sure if they would be up to being defensive and offensive outlets 

How about 

Raya

Evans Reed

Dack                     Armstrong 

Graham 

Is Mulgrew fit to play?

No way I'd be trying 3 at the back any time soon; I would want to see more of Rothwell, some of Davenport and Travis, Brereton beginning to challenge Graham and have Chapman plus another CB in the squad.

But unlike last season when TM talks three at the back, I am no longer finding the nearest sofa to hide behind.

Of course this pre-supposes Rodwell indeed comes good- the early signs are promising, extremely promising.

Edited by philipl