BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rodwell signs

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely think that O'Neill is a dinosaur, but I do also think that the squad is so poor. He did argue the other day that he is dealing with largely a squad of Championship players, often in and out at their clubs and he is correct.

Would argue that with their Celtic core of Tierney, Forrest, McGregor, Griffiths and also Robertson and Cairney, Scotland have a far better playing squad, although their manager is possibly even worse.

Ya, the squad is poor no doubt about that. We have no striker of note and it's pretty much a case that most of our players are in and out of their club team starting 11.  O'Neill left it too late to shake the squad up though and I don't think he is doing it right even at this stage. Total dinosaur when it comes to tactics and handling the media. 

Don't know about Scotland. They can't seem to get it together regardless of players or management. McLeish is probably more of a dinosaur than O'Neill in fairness 

We never had a team of superstars, but the approach and performances are the worst I have ever seen and most fans feel the same. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, the squad is poor no doubt about that. We have no striker of note and it's pretty much a case that most of our players are in and out of their club team starting 11.  O'Neill left it too late to shake the squad up though and I don't think he is doing it right even at this stage. Total dinosaur when it comes to tactics and handling the media. 

Don't know about Scotland. They can't seem to get it together regardless of players or management. McLeish is probably more of a dinosaur than O'Neill in fairness 

We never had a team of superstars, but the approach and performances are the worst I have ever seen and most fans feel the same. 

Ive just had a look into the team that played and bench. Its a decent squad with alot of Championship experience. I don't understand why Egan or Stevens and Long/Maguire weren't played. Or the formation either. I would pick this team, GK - Randolph, RB - Doherty, CB - Duffy, CB - Egan, LB - Stevens, RW - McClean, CM - Arter, CM - Meyler, LW - Robinson, AM - Hendrick, ST - Long/Maguire.

what do you think?   

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can see this leading to a clash between Mulgrew and Mowbray. He shouldn't be going with the international team for every game. Needs to be some common sense when it comes to friendlies. I remember last season when he went off to Peru or Costa Rica was it a few days before we played Bradford. 

You can't expect a pro, approaching the end of his career, not to take all the opportunities/experiences available to him.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive just had a look into the team that played and bench. Its a decent squad with alot of Championship experience. I don't understand why Egan or Stevens and Long/Maguire weren't played. Or the formation either. I would pick this team, GK - Randolph, RB - Doherty, CB - Duffy, CB - Egan, LB - Stevens, RW - McClean, CM - Arter, CM - Meyler, LW - Robinson, AM - Hendrick, ST - Long/Maguire.

what do you think?   

Ya, that's arguably our strongest current 11. We have Brady and Coleman to come back in too. Hendrick has been really, really bad for Ireland. I don't know how he is playing for Burnley. I would just go straight 4-4-2 and drop him and play Long and Maguire or Robinson upfront. 

O'Neill needs to be sacked ASAP. He has lost the fans for definite and it looks like the players too, there is no turning it around. 

• Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, that's arguably our strongest current 11. We have Brady and Coleman to come back in too. Hendrick has been really, really bad for Ireland. I don't know how he is playing for Burnley. I would just go straight 4-4-2 and drop him and play Long and Maguire or Robinson upfront. 

O'Neill needs to be sacked ASAP. He has lost the fans for definite and it looks like the players too, there is no turning it around. 

According to my Burnley-supporting mate, not well at all!

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cant believe Shane Long still gets a game. Awful player.

Alan Browne is doing well at Preston, surrpised hes not closer to your starting 11.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Cant believe Shane Long still gets a game. Awful player.

Alan Browne is doing well at Preston, surrpised hes not closer to your starting 11.

I wouldn't say Long is awful. He is fast, strong and good in the air. It's just his finishing that is the problem. Combine that now with the awful drought he is on and you have confidence issues on top of everything. He is good upfront with a goal scorer. He starts most weeks for Southampton. I think he would be good playing the role Armstrong , Bennett, Rothwell or Palmer play for us. 

Ya, a few that should be in or were added too slowly over the past year. O'Neill is a very stubborn man. Models his approach on Brian Clough, Keane similarly. Both would have played under him. O'Neill won the European cup and isn't shy in mentioning that fact regularly! You can see why the players may not like the set up too much...old school to put it in a nice way. There was all of this scandal about Arter where Keane lost the head. There was even a whatsapp message from Stephen Ward doing the rounds about what goes on in the camp. This is shocking stuff. Absolute amateur hour 

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would play Brady at left winger and Coleman at right back if fit. 

what the press saying over there? is it under pressure from the IFA?

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would play Brady at left winger and Coleman at right back if fit. 

what the press saying over there? is it under pressure from the IFA?

The general consensus is that he has to go. Our FA are pathetic though. The president is on €350,000 a year. His father was removed from the organisation for corruption. Tells you all you need to know. He gets more per year than the club who win the league of Ireland. When Trapatonni was manager the richest man in Ireland, Dennis O'Brien, was subsidising if not paying all his wages. He has pulled the plug on that, which is good as he is a dodgy character to say the least. 

• 2 months later...