BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rodwell signs

49 minutes ago, 47er said:

I was referring to his Premier League experience, his England caps and his reported massive wealth! I think that's what young players would be interested in these days."been then, done that"  "he can do it, so can I" sort of thing.

His character doesn't bear scrutiny as I've clearly implied.

He's squandered his talent, he's the last player you want as a role model to Academy players 

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:12, Exiled_Rover said:

He's squandered his talent, he's the last player you want as a role model to Academy players 

Or, he's perfect as they can see and learn from his experiences on what not to do. He can explain how hard they have to work if they want to reach the top.

• Like 1

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Or, he's perfect as they can see and learn from his experiences on what not to do. He can explain how hard they have to work if they want to reach the top.

I suspect that lesson will be learnt when he's retired and has no legacy except that of a wasted talent and pisstaker. Right now he probably still thinks he's the dogs bollocks in his Balenciaga shoes and Louie Vuitton swim shorts.

I'd be sorry to see Rodwell leaves if he does go. He's one of the few players on the books with any "class" (older fans will know what I mean). It's just something in the way he moves and plays that exudes quality. I always enjoyed watching him in a Rovers shirt 

• Like 4

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I'd be sorry to see Rodwell leaves if he does go. He's one of the few players on the books with any "class" (older fans will know what I mean). It's just something in the way he moves and plays that exudes quality. I always enjoyed watching him in a Rovers shirt 

I agree but when you’ve a contract on the table and some of the games he’s had and where he is now I don’t think it’d be right to keep someone not fully committed 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

I agree but when you’ve a contract on the table and some of the games he’s had and where he is now I don’t think it’d be right to keep someone not fully committed 

If he signs and is accepted back, I'd expect Mowbray and the sports psychologist will have given him a very thorough evaluation.

For me this is a free hit for Rovers.

• Like 1

The fact a contract he's free to sign anytime allegedly remains on the table the rest won't come into it he'll just pick up the phone and be accepted back.

Defensively, where he wants to play and the manager seems to prefer him he didn't prove good enough aside from a couple of games v poor opposition.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, tomphil said:

The fact a contract he's free to sign anytime allegedly remains on the table the rest won't come into it he'll just pick up the phone and be accepted back.

Defensively, where he wants to play and the manager seems to prefer him he didn't prove good enough aside from a couple of games v poor opposition.

Rather his best performance in my eyes came against Bolton, where he played in midfield!

He isn't a centre back. We have a midfield and whilst I'd love for him to partner Johnson in the middle I don't think he has it in him. It was an experiment, it failed, I think it's time he moved on. He hasn't done himself any favours with the fan base with this contract situation.

• Like 1

It obviously hasn't gone as he would have liked here. He had this big masterplan of converting to a CB and despite us having one of the worst defences in the football league, he couldn't nail down a spot.

In fact, his best performances came in the position where he forged a career but he obviously doesn't want to play there.

I guess he imagined he would walk it and then get offered an improved contract. I imagine he hasn't been offered much at all and longing it out is his way of sticking two fingers up. If its a bad deal in your eyes, reject it move on like Conway did. If I was the club id be taking that contract away now - heck, i'd have given him till start of preseason before removing it.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

It obviously hasn't gone as he would have liked here. He had this big masterplan of converting to a CB and despite us having one of the worst defences in the football league, he couldn't nail down a spot.

In fact, his best performances came in the position where he forged a career but he obviously doesn't want to play there.

I guess he imagined he would walk it and then get offered an improved contract. I imagine he hasn't been offered much at all and longing it out is his way of sticking two fingers up. If its a bad deal in your eyes, reject it move on like Conway did. If I was the club id be taking that contract away now - heck, i'd have given him till start of preseason before removing it.

I was in favour of giving Rodwell every chance when he signed for us last season and defended him against the Sunderland jibes.

He had his chance, did ok on occasion and got offered new terms and has stayed away without, as I understand it, keeping the Club informed on his intentions.

Move on I say and Rodwell, if bothered, can try his luck elsewhere.

• Like 4

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I was in favour of giving Rodwell every chance when he signed for us last season and defended him against the Sunderland jibes.

He had his chance, did ok on occasion and got offered new terms and has stayed away without, as I understand it, keeping the Club informed on his intentions.

Move on I say and Rodwell, if bothered, can try his luck elsewhere.

Me too, you only have to go back through this thread to see. I was quite thrilled about the signing as if he could become even half the player he was previously, we were quids in.

I was also open for him to sign a sensible extension for a season or two as long as this CB notion was dropped and it was to challenge for a starting place in CM.

This whole contract saga has really put me off him now though - not the attitude we want amid our ranks. 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2019 at 12:52, Bigdoggsteel said:

Be interesting to see where he ends up. I think he made a huge mistake for his own career not staying here, but I think Johnson is more the type of player that we need. 

Johnson could be what are midfield has been sorely lacking. Good call

• Like 1

On 14/07/2019 at 11:04, Ewood Ace said:

The fact he's on holiday in Australia when he has a contract offer on the table for him tells you everything you need to know, we should withdraw the offer and stop wasting our time with him. 

Totally agree with Ewood Ace. If he was bothered he wouldn't be in Australia. He wont get much game time if he stayed

16 minutes ago, Gary C said:

Totally agree with Ewood Ace. If he was bothered he wouldn't be in Australia. He wont get much game time if he stayed

Think that's what he thought, shame really given his ability, hoped he would be good here. But hey no, move on.

14 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Question marks over which position he should play in (allegedly wants to play in central defence, but he is as bad as the rest of them there). Question marks over his attitude (his body language seems all wrong). Question marks over whether or not he wants to be here. I agree that he showed class, but only in glimpses. Too many questions and baggage with this one. Let him go and move on.

Similar to Bentley, I think he just doesn't have the desire and love for the game anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...