den9112

Rodwell signs

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I don't somehow think we'll see Rodwell again. Certainly not fussed about it. Thought he'd be a good influence on young players and give them something to look up to.

Can't see that he earned any respect really. Just wasting our time. Should be training hard now for a new season but he obviously isn't.

I'd have thought he’d be the last person you would want to influence young players. He seems to be a loner. Even on the pitch last season it was like he wasn’t one of them.

For all his faults, one thing Mowbray is good at is developing team spirit. If he couldn’t get through nobody can.

21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I'd have thought he’d be the last person you would want to influence young players. He seems to be a loner. Even on the pitch last season it was like he wasn’t one of them.

For all his faults, one thing Mowbray is good at is developing team spirit. If he couldn’t get through nobody can.

I was referring to his Premier League experience, his England caps and his reported massive wealth! I think that's what young players would be interested in these days."been then, done that"  "he can do it, so can I" sort of thing.

His character doesn't bear scrutiny as I've clearly implied.

14 hours ago, philipl said:

I have absolutely no problem with Mowbray holding the door open for Rodwell.

Rodwell has had a rotten few years seeing his footballing dreams destroyed yet if he has been sensible with his money, he needn't ever work again in his life.

If his head and heart tell him he wants one more push at fulfilling his football potential, I'd massively prefer he does it at Rovers. He will find getting into the starting eleven a tough ask but we are talking about a player of 28 who was playing for England against Brazil when he was 22.

The fact he's on holiday in Australia when he has a contract offer on the table for him tells you everything you need to know, we should withdraw the offer and stop wasting our time with him. 

All I can think about this one is they must've offered him a piddling amount so it doesn't really matter much to the budget if he signs or not.

Or, shoch horror his agent or someone is very well it at Ewood with those that matter and there's a few drinks to be had.

Either way that offer should be off the table now too much nice guy stuff going on again, put the points first not the players.

49 minutes ago, 47er said:

I was referring to his Premier League experience, his England caps and his reported massive wealth! I think that's what young players would be interested in these days."been then, done that"  "he can do it, so can I" sort of thing.

His character doesn't bear scrutiny as I've clearly implied.

He's squandered his talent, he's the last player you want as a role model to Academy players 

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:12, Exiled_Rover said:

He's squandered his talent, he's the last player you want as a role model to Academy players 

Or, he's perfect as they can see and learn from his experiences on what not to do. He can explain how hard they have to work if they want to reach the top.

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Or, he's perfect as they can see and learn from his experiences on what not to do. He can explain how hard they have to work if they want to reach the top.

I suspect that lesson will be learnt when he's retired and has no legacy except that of a wasted talent and pisstaker. Right now he probably still thinks he's the dogs bollocks in his Balenciaga shoes and Louie Vuitton swim shorts.

I'd be sorry to see Rodwell leaves if he does go. He's one of the few players on the books with any "class" (older fans will know what I mean). It's just something in the way he moves and plays that exudes quality. I always enjoyed watching him in a Rovers shirt 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I'd be sorry to see Rodwell leaves if he does go. He's one of the few players on the books with any "class" (older fans will know what I mean). It's just something in the way he moves and plays that exudes quality. I always enjoyed watching him in a Rovers shirt 

I agree but when you’ve a contract on the table and some of the games he’s had and where he is now I don’t think it’d be right to keep someone not fully committed