BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rodwell signs

Just now, K-Hod said:

Bellamy was a massive goon, but the second best striker I've seen at Rovers in my lifetime (I'm 34) after Shearer. 

Spoke to him at player of the year awards straight after he’d won it and said it was the best club he’d been at and how he couldn’t wait to get started in training again. He came across as a complete arse and basically made it clear in a one to one conversation that he was off as soon as a bigger club came in for him. Always tainted my opinion of him.

Steven Reid on the other hand came across as really humble and an absolute gent.

Not only been us willing to take a punt on him either. Was about to sign for Watford, had the medical done and everything and it was only an outgoing player that decided to stay and signed a new contract that prevented the move. 

Sunderland fan here. Trying to explain what to expect.

I know fans will think he played for England, big signing for Man City and maybe a fresh start etc. I understand it but we will be very very surprised if he turns out well for you. He has a bit of natural talent (a bit, he was hyped up quite a bit at Everton but was never really that good - more promise than anything). He is not the worst technical footballer to play for our club. He is the worst signing in our history (even worse than mistakingly signing Milton Nuñez, a Honduran dwarf who fell over the ball on his debut and only appearance). He is also one of the worst professionals in history.

Why? Complete lack of application. When he was on the pitch he had an ability to hide from the ball, to make himself unavailable for a pass, would rarely make a tackle, wouldn´t track runners, would not compete for a ball, no fight or will. He was a passenger. It may be that he has mental problems, which we could understand, except he would blather on about how he was fit and not given a chance. Then he would be given a chance, not be fit and not even make a professional effort.

He was on 70k a week and couldn´t be bothered to apply himself. Made no effort to be a professional footballer. I believe that any physically able football fan, given 70k a week, would try. Jack didnt try, and then he blamed everyone but himself. 

Expect a litany of excuses. Don´t expect to win a game with him on the field. We did once - 4-0 and all after 4 years of him not winning a game, but we only won that game because our team basically bypassed him the whole match. Welcome to the worst excuse for a professional footballer we have ever seen.

Edited by Mackemz
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mackemz said:

Sunderland fan here. Trying to explain what to expect.

I know fans will think he played for England, big signing for Man City and maybe a fresh start etc. I understand it but we will be very very surprised if he turns out well for you. He has a bit of natural talent (a bit, he was hyped up quite a bit at Everton but was never really that good - more promise than anything). He is not the worst technical footballer to play for our club. He is the worst signing in our history (even worse than mistakingly signing Milton Nuñez, a Honduran dwarf who fell over the ball on his debut and only appearance). He is also one of the worst professionals in history.

Why? Complete lack of application. When he was on the pitch he had an ability to hide from the ball, to make himself unavailable for a pass, would rarely make a tackle, wouldn´t track runners, would not compete for a ball, no fight or will. He was a passenger. It may be that he has mental problems, which we could understand, except he would blather on about how he was fit and not given a chance. Then he would be given a chance, not be fit and not even make a professional effort.

He was on 70k a week and couldn´t be bothered to apply himself. Made no effort to be a professional footballer. I believe that any physically able football fan, given 70k a week, would try. Jack didnt try, and then he blamed everyone but himself. 

Expect a litany of excuses. Don´t expect to win a game with him on the field. We did once - 4-0 and all after 4 years of him not winning a game, but we only won that game because our team basically bypassed him the whole match. Welcome to the worst excuse for a professional footballer we have ever seen.

Just googled "Milton Nunez". Wow, he actually is a dwarf 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Rodders see's himself as playing 'week in week out' acc to the article in the LT. He's not come here to sit on the bench. 

Doesn't have a low opinion of himself then - surely given his recent past a bit of humility and contrition would have been slightly more advisable and the better line would have been to say that he Didn't expect to walk straight into a team that did so well last season and he would have to fight for his place etc.

On a general note I don't really understand why many people don't want to take a relatively cheap punt on Chapman because he's had a couple of injuries, yet because we have actually signed Rodwell it's apparently now ok to completely disregard his injury record and if it Doesn't come off That's ok as well because it is supposedly a similarly cheap punt.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Doesn't have a low opinion of himself then - surely given his recent past a bit of humility and contrition would have been slightly more advisable and the better line would have been to say that he Didn't expect to walk straight into a team that did so well last season and he would have to fight for his place etc.

On a general note I don't really understand why many people don't want to take a relatively cheap punt on Chapman because he's had a couple of injuries, yet because we have actually signed Rodwell it's apparently now ok to completely disregard his injury record and if it Doesn't come off That's ok as well because it is supposedly a similarly cheap punt.

I would take Chapman - even if it was only as an impact sub.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nothing wrong with his statement. I'd be more concerned if he said he was happy to sit on the bench and pick up a wage. Competition for places is good.

5 hours ago, AspRover said:

Been mulling this one over a bit. Come to the conclusion that I'm OK with Signing Rodwell - simple reason that we don't need to rely on him. We have solid players in his position(s) so if he's rubbish he doesn't trouble the starting 11 and we aren't weakened.

Just the kind of signing we need. One who doesn’t play!

Or...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bizarre isn't it Stuart. Its ok if he's crap and we completely waste our money on him (and he potentially upsets the dressing room) because we aren't wasting a lot on him.

Just give me a sec, Rev...

A5B91C0C-1F78-4E4A-B9FE-EEF6F924C404.jpeg

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I remember similar reactions on here when we last signed a player from Sunderland who'd been having a hard time up there, allegedly had attitude problems, wasn't fit,;that one's turned out alright hasn't it.

Yeah, I take past teams fans opinions with a huge pinch of salt.

Aberdeen fans flooded this board to tell us we'd just bagged the best Scottish striker since Kenny Dalglish. (Goodwillie).

And Cardiff fans told us Gestede couldn't hit a barn door.

Look how those two turned out. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Mackemz said:

..... 4-0 and all after 4 years of him not winning a game, 

Do you think your negative view of him has been exaggerated because of the high wages?!

Just you wrote an essay breaking down the attributes of the player, and mention the 70k twice.  Which, to be frank, is totally irrelevant to his skill set or performance levels.

Not knocking you, it's human nature, and we've done exactly the same as fans. When the disaster of Murphy and Etuhu were disgracing our midfield, it was doubly galling as we'd spanked most of our summer budget on them,  and  they were 2 of the highest paid at the club. 

So when Danny sauntered around the centre circle for 90 mins, it made our opinion of him twice as scathing. (Christ I still loathe that man.)

So hypothetically, judging a 70k a week player in the Premier League, might be different from say, a player on 15k a week in a mid table or bottom half Championship club.

P.S. I know I'm maybe interpreting wrong, but "4 years of HIM not winning a game". C'mon,  there's 10 other players on the pitch each week, and you were going through a horrendous spell of results (i.e. double drop). Surely you can't be laying the blame for all of that at his door. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Do you think your negative view of him has been exaggerated because of the high wages?!

Just you wrote an essay breaking down the attributes of the player, and mention the 70k twice.  Which, to be frank, is totally irrelevant to his skill set or performance levels.

Not knocking you, it's human nature, and we've done exactly the same as fans. When the disaster of Murphy and Etuhu were disgracing our midfield, it was doubly galling as we'd spanked most of our summer budget on them,  and  they were 2 of the highest paid at the club. 

So when Danny sauntered around the centre circle for 90 mins, it made our opinion of him twice as scathing. (Christ I still loathe that man.)

So hypothetically, judging a 70k a week player in the Premier League, might be different from say, a player on 15k a week in a mid table or bottom half Championship club.

P.S. I know I'm maybe interpreting wrong, but "4 years of HIM not winning a game". C'mon,  there's 10 other players on the pitch each week, and you were going through a horrendous spell of results (i.e. double drop). Surely you can't be laying the blame for all of that at his door. 

I know you guys will want to find a way to justify the signing. Must be something in him etc. I know some fans over and understate etc. We had Kilbane play poorly for us and go on to be a first team regular at Everton but that lad tried.

We believed you guys when you said teele was bad and he was. But listen to us - we cannot believe another professional club actually gave this muppet a playing contract. 

Yeah the 70k makes it worse but he didnt get picked often because he never tried, a wet rag of a player. It is simply not possible that your manager watched him play live. We did and we would never wish him on a decent club like Blackburn. Mags or Coventry yeah, haha. You are right we had a double relegation but he was here 4 seasons and in those years we made a League Cup Final, stayed up twice, and won maybe 40 games. He played for 5 managers in total (a lack of continuity I know) but every single one gave him a chance and every single one ended up making him train away from the first team. 

He only won one game (the one no-one passed to him) and when he did play we almost universally lost because you cant play a passenger in elite football. We were reasonably confident he was finished in football. He might be able to train - he does have technique, but his apathy and cowardice make it impossible for him to play professional football. He is deluded, we think he might be mentally affected. All I can hope for your sake, is that your management team realize quickly they brought in a lemon and leave him well away from the rest of the squad. I would honestly rather play a youth team lad than Rodwell. 

His complete lack of character and spine will soon be understood