BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rodwell signs

41 minutes ago, Neal said:

Did he play for the under 23's last night? Saw a tweet from Sharpe or have a misunderstood?

No he didn’t. The U23’s were poor last night. Everton were a class above. Could have won by 5 or 6. Makes me wonder how far off Rodwell is if he isn’t getting a game in there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Assuming he is physically fit, do you not think at least cameos in the under 23s is the best way to build up said match fitness?

I don’t think cameos are the way forward. But he could get some decent/consistent game time in that side. Unless of course the plan is he will be considered for the first XI sooner than we thought. I did expect to see him on that team sheet last night regardless of the opposition.  

• Like 1

Rodwell is reported to have worked extremely hard on his fitness through the summer.

Very sensible to punt on a seasoned pro who has fallen to pieces as of late. 

However, we don't want a squad full of them as there are a lot of formerly big names not yet retired being offered around.

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Assuming he is physically fit, do you not think at least cameos in the under 23s is the best way to build up said match fitness?

Yes I do. Just not against Everton for his first one.

And him being physically fit is subjective.

Edited by Stuart

22 minutes ago, philipl said:

Rodwell is reported to have worked extremely hard on his fitness through the summer.

Very sensible to punt on a seasoned pro who has fallen to pieces as of late. 

However, we don't want a squad full of them as there are a lot of formerly big names not yet retired being offered around.

No Sunderland fan will agree with you!

10 minutes ago, Ricky said:

No Fulham fan would agree with our views on Danny Murphy.

Our views on Danny Murphy came from what we saw with our own eyes. What Fulham fans saw at their club doesn't affect that.

We have no direct. personal experience of Rodwell.

We only have what Sunderland fans have to say, from their personal experience, including on here, and it seems damning to me!

However we'll wait and see but if this is the centre-back option we so sorely need......

2 hours ago, 47er said:

No Sunderland fan will agree with you!

I'd be as angry as I was about Murphy if I had the misfortune to have been born on the Wear.

As I wrote - a broken seasoned professional but if I may add, about ten years younger than Murphy was when he came to us.

I wasn't one excited by the Whittingham signing but if the Rodwell gambit pays off, this could be massive for us. Only smaller than the word IF....