BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Brentford

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Any excuse to post this

SmartSelect_20180609-080930_Chrome.gif

Had a Bolton fan singing Lowe's praises yesterday.  I explained why he wasn't the most popular, and assured him that he should give Jason time.

Edited by DanLad

34 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Nyambe              Lenihan                 Mulgrew                 Bell

Evans                      Bennett

Palmer                              Dack                               Rothwell

Graham

Subs:Leutwiler, Downing, Rodwell, Travis, Smallwood, Conway, Nuttall

That's probably what i'd go with if all are fit.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong isnt fit

Why drop Bell? 

Surely Smallwood need dropping for either Rothwell or Travis. Was awful in the last 2 games

Bell is not good enough in my opinion.

Palmer in for Armstrong then.

Perhaps your right about Smallwood.

17 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

What I'd go for if fit.

Lineup.PNG

I'm guessing you didn't watch the game on Wednesday?

No way should Williams who hasn't played this season should be in ahead of Bell, Smallwood isn't at the races, Armstrong is wearing a protective boot and Dack is struggling to be fit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

Bell is not good enough in my opinion.

Palmer in for Armstrong then.

Perhaps your right about Smallwood.

I thought Bell has played well generally since coming in and offers more going forward than Williams does. 

• Like 4

Just now, JacknOry said:

I thought Bell has played well generally since coming in and offers more going forward than Williams does. 

Bells pass for the first penalty on Wednesday was better than any attacking play I've seen from Williams in the time he has been here, the only thing Bell is missing at the moment is the confidence to drive forward at defenders. I think he's under orders to keep a tight ship and be ready to cover Mulgrew though to be honest whilst we settle in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Bells pass for the first penalty on Wednesday was better than any attacking play I've seen from Williams in the time he has been here, the only thing Bell is missing at the moment is the confidence to drive forward at defenders. I think he's under orders to keep a tight ship and be ready to cover Mulgrew though to be honest whilst we settle in the league.

Williams did drill in that cross for the Ipswich goal so I will give him that but yes but that Bell pass was a clever ball and not something you would see from Williams. 

Both Bell and Nyambe seem a bit hesitant sometimes to go at defenders but like you say, this might be more to do with what TM wants. 

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

my only criticism of Bells performance is that when attacking he doesn't take the fullback on the outside enough.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

my only criticism of Bells performance is that when attacking he doesn't take the fullback on the outside enough.

Agree, he certainly has the pace to be able to - perhaps this will come with confidence. 

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Williams did drill in that cross for the Ipswich goal so I will give him that but yes but that Bell pass was a clever ball and not something you would see from Williams. 

Both Bell and Nyambe seem a bit hesitant sometimes to go at defenders but like you say, this might be more to do with what TM wants. 

I genuinely think that TM has got them under orders to be defenders first and foremost, I think once we rack up some points the shackles will come off a little. It wasn't as apparent on Wednesday due to Dack and Palmer missing but if in games we have a front 4 of Graham, Dack. Armstrong and Palmer it leaves the midfielders a lot of covering to do, chuck in a couple of Full backs bombing forward and it would look like an Owen Coyle team.

I really like Bell, he's intelligent and confident with the ball at his feet and is an excellent defender to boot. His pace is a real asset and I would think gives confidence to Mulgrew and Lenihan knowing the've got both Bell and Nyambe who have the speed to add cover when needed. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I'm guessing you didn't watch the game on Wednesday?

No way should Williams who hasn't played this season should be in ahead of Bell, Smallwood isn't at the races, Armstrong is wearing a protective boot and Dack is struggling to be fit.

I did attend the Reading game and as I sit in the Riverside stand I only got a proper look at bell in the first half, in which he was dreadful.

22 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

I did attend the Reading game and as I sit in the Riverside stand I only got a proper look at bell in the first half, in which he was dreadful.

In fairness, they were all pretty bad in that first half.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Surely Bennett in CM and Lenihan in defence rather than Downing.

Lenihan is the best player in the squad for me, including Dack. Our best central midfielder and centre back. I rate Downing higher at CB than I do Bennett in CM. With it being a home game, i'd be equally happy to see...

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Rothwell
          Palmer Dack Bennett 
                     Graham

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Lenihan is the best player in the squad for me, including Dack. Our best central midfielder and centre back. I rate Downing higher at CB than I do Bennett in CM. With it being a home game, i'd be equally happy to see...

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Rothwell
          Palmer Dack Bennett 
                     Graham

Think this is more likely than your first selection. he might stick with Smallwood though - which i wouldnt agree with.