BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Brentford

Terrific performance and result. Raya two superb saves, Evans is transformed from the dark days of last winter, much better from Smallwood, Rothwell is miles better for us than Payne ever was, Bennett the heartbeat and leader of the team.

Top 5, undefeated, three clean sheets out of five. Fabulous start.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

5 games, 3 draws, 2 wins. Could well have been 4 or 5 wins. Not a bad start! See if we can carry this to the 20th game

And 2 of those game without Dack.

Very impressive start to the season to be fair. Didnt expect anything today, would have been happy with a draw and delighted with a win / clean sheet.

• Like 4

So glad I come down for this. Wasn't gonna bother as working tonight but it's great to see effort. How good is it to see players wanting to be at the club.  Thought Evans was really good.

Not being negative but  I'm still a little surprised we ain't getting around 14k at least at home. 

• Like 1

I feared the worst when I saw the team and the subs bench. That's a great result given the attacking players we had missing. The stats don't make great reading but we got on the right side of the only stat that matters. Well done lads, let's get some of the walking wounded back soon. Where's Gladwin, Whittingham and that other midfield player we signed in the close season. I still don't know who Rafferty is !

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

I don't get it? I thought Brentford were aka as Brazil according to the doubters on here?

Once again made to look very silly ?

Start believing in what Tony has built you fools! 

I wouldn't be too worried about playing them with our best 11 but with the potential goalscorers in Dack, Armstrong, Samuel all out and Graham only capable of 30 minutes I couldn't see where a goal was coming from. Given the stat that we only had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes I wasn't far wrong.

• Like 1

If we can win games in this league starting Nuttall up top, how good are we going to be when we bring 1 or 2 more attackers in?! Great start to the season. The team spirit and fight in this team is second to none. What a shift from everyone today. Proud proud rover tonight. 

Just now, Ossydave said:

Is that 23 league games unbeaten at home now? Scary to think how good we'd be with a sold out home crowd week in week out. I know it'll never happen but still 

Last defeat was vs Wimbledon and was our 3rd in first 6 games was it. 

Saw the team news, right at the start of a family day out today, with no phone service. Returned to this. Magnificent little surprise. I would have been happy with a point. The longer we can ride this Promotion momentum, the more it shapes our season for the better. Tony has instilled a never say die attitude, and pride in the shirt. It's all I ever want in a Rovers side. Some big tests on the way, but we relish these games against more fancied teams, and with Arma's pace, and Dack's guile to come back, very content this evening. 

had my poop, here are my player ratings fresh from memory ;)

raya 7/10, had barley anything to do all game, made a couple of great saves, kicking 50/50 but still solid today 

bell 7/10, only a 7 but he was fantastic just sometimes a little to complacent, loves to drive forward just with he had confidence to take on his man or cross

mulgrew 8/10. captains performance, won everything in the air and was barking orders at his back line, and at bell for losing concentration late on, top performance from him

lehinhan 7/10, a few iffy moments but like mulgrew won pretty much everything and hustled and bustled brentfords forwards, 

nyambe 7/10, decent going forward and was an outlet alot of times but like lehihan has a few nervous moments, needs more composure under pressure but still a great game

rothwell 8/10 wow, little gem this guy, bursts forward at every oppotunity and always looking for a pass and always shows for the ball, great pass in build up to the ball

evans 9/10, like a god damn warrior today, won the midfield battle for us, was immense and never let brentford have time on the ball, some crunching tackles and never stopped 

smallwood 7/10, one of his better games this season, battled hard and broke down some brentford attacks, passing a little off but again better performance today

bennett 10/10, didnt like him in dacks position, first half passed him by sometimes but second half he never stopped running closed everything down was amazing today

palmer 7/10, yes he scored, but for me he lost the ball so many times and tried to be too fancy in our half and lost it or gave away free kicks, there is a player there though

nuttal 6/10, bless him, tried hard sometimes but in general looked lost and had nothing to do, needs to be loaned out

graham 7/10, held it up well, put pressure on the brentfords defence, very intelligent footballer

travis 7/10, full of energy and i think he needs to stay on the bench this season and keep coming on, seems to be geting better and better always closing down charging forward

conway 7/10, smart player, legs gone but keeps the ball for us and was brilliant defensively, some nice balls over the top for graham and  nymabe

• Like 2