BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Brentford

Much better second half, we scored with probably our only serious effort of the game but who cares, we battled ferociously second half and showed great character.

Absolutely massive 3 points that which for the first time this season affords us a bit of wiggle room and the longer we can stay unbeaten the more confidence will build.

The turning point of the game came seconds before the goal. Raya produced an absolutely outstanding save to tip a long range effort onto the post. The ball broke up the other end and Rothwell produced a moment of real inspiration to produce a fantastic crossfield ball round the corner to put (Nyambe?) away. The keeper made a save but the ball broke to Palmer for a simple tap in from the middle of the area.

We've done really well to grind out nine points with both the obvious deficiencies in the squad exacerbated by injuries to Dack and Armstrong.

Be interesting to see what we can so if Brereton comes in and is half decent, we can keep Dack fit and we could bring in a skilful Wideman.

Well to to TM and the team for a very hard fought 3 points today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

had my poop, here are my player ratings fresh from memory ;)

raya 7/10, had barley anything to do all game, made a couple of great saves, kicking 50/50 but still solid today 

bell 7/10, only a 7 but he was fantastic just sometimes a little to complacent, loves to drive forward just with he had confidence to take on his man or cross

mulgrew 8/10. captains performance, won everything in the air and was barking orders at his back line, and at bell for losing concentration late on, top performance from him

lehinhan 7/10, a few iffy moments but like mulgrew won pretty much everything and hustled and bustled brentfords forwards, 

nyambe 7/10, decent going forward and was an outlet alot of times but like lehihan has a few nervous moments, needs more composure under pressure but still a great game

rothwell 8/10 wow, little gem this guy, bursts forward at every oppotunity and always looking for a pass and always shows for the ball, great pass in build up to the ball

evans 9/10, like a god damn warrior today, won the midfield battle for us, was immense and never let brentford have time on the ball, some crunching tackles and never stopped 

smallwood 7/10, one of his better games this season, battled hard and broke down some brentford attacks, passing a little off but again better performance today

bennett 10/10, didnt like him in dacks position, first half passed him by sometimes but second half he never stopped running closed everything down was amazing today

palmer 7/10, yes he scored, but for me he lost the ball so many times and tried to be too fancy in our half and lost it or gave away free kicks, there is a player there though

nuttal 6/10, bless him, tried hard sometimes but in general looked lost and had nothing to do, needs to be loaned out

graham 7/10, held it up well, put pressure on the brentfords defence, very intelligent footballer

travis 7/10, full of energy and i think he needs to stay on the bench this season and keep coming on, seems to be geting better and better always closing down charging forward

conway 7/10, smart player, legs gone but keeps the ball for us and was brilliant defensively, some nice balls over the top for graham and  nymabe

Pretty spot on but I would give a higher rating to Raya. God knows what would have happened if it was Steele instead

Absolute fantastic win! Try to remember those horrible years with Bowyer and Coyle....we would have lost this one by some margin. The team spirit is unbelievable and todays win was huge. No player bigger than the squad and everyone playing for the manager. Having a hard time choosing a MOM but if i have to: Tony Mowbray. Despite a horrible transfer windows he keeps the team ticking along like a finetuned swiss clock. It´s been a while but for the first time in years I think the «.......Blue and White Army» is well deserved as in «Tony Mowbrays Blue and White Army!» Also...COYB!!!!

Now out for a few expensive beers and some celebration!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

poor guy had nothing to do though ;) only had two saves to make, pretty decent ones at that though 

Strange definition of "nothing to do." He kept us in the game with one absolutely outstanding save and one very good one. I'd have given him MOM but you couldn't argue with Bennett getting it either, he was terrific 2nd half and is so much better in the middle than out wide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Strange definition of "nothing to do." He kept us in the game with one absolutely outstanding save and one very good one. I'd have given him MOM but you couldn't argue with Bennett getting it either, he was terrific 2nd half and is so much better in the middle than out wide.

yeah thats all he had to do though, he was very rarley tested but the two times he was yes he was incredible i agree :D

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Would anyone drop Bell for Williams?

Without wishing to sound as if i don't like Williams (because I think he's solid), hell no. This team spirit is built on earning your way into the team and we can't afford to scupper it.

I think Bell has earned the shirt in his absence and therefore Del must earn it back in training, or if Bell loses form.

That being said, it'd suit us to keep Williams on the bench anyway as it covers 2 positions.

Edited by Mike E

Gutsy performance today, our midfield are like a pack of wolves!

Well done Tony and the boys, team spirit at it's highest for years.

Would be nice to see a few more on the ground, looked around 11,000 today, this team and manager deserve better!

3 points is 3 points. Great result in what was a very hard fought match against a well organised Brentford team.

all those mocking Evans should really look st his performance he was fabulous and ran himself into the ground. Top player assisted by Bennett.

Raya made 2 wonderful saves which must have had Brentford wondering just how he kept both shots out.

Good goal to finish off a wonderful move.

Off out enjoy tonight folks?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul said:

We will win this.

3 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

then you wake up and its 1995 and shearer is lifting the prem trophy :D

3 hours ago, Paul said:

More a question of being realistic. We've played well all season, we look comfortable in this league and we're due a win.

Up to 5th. In Tony we trust.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Much better second half, we scored with probably our only serious effort of the game but who cares, we battled ferociously second half and showed great character.

Absolutely massive 3 points that which for the first time this season affords us a bit of wiggle room and the longer we can stay unbeaten the more confidence will build.

The turning point of the game came seconds before the goal. Raya produced an absolutely outstanding save to tip a long range effort onto the post. The ball broke up the other end and Rothwell produced a moment of real inspiration to produce a fantastic crossfield ball round the corner to put (Nyambe?) away. The keeper made a save but the ball broke to Palmer for a simple tap in from the middle of the area.

We've done really well to grind out nine points with both the obvious deficiencies in the squad exacerbated by injuries to Dack and Armstrong.

Be interesting to see what we can so if Brereton comes in and is half decent, we can keep Dack fit and we could bring in a skilful Wideman.

Well to to TM and the team for a very hard fought 3 points today.

But but but but Brentford are Braziliant aren't they? ?

Just now, Ossydave said:

But but but but Brentford are Braziliant aren't they? ?

Was a game that could have gone either way wouldn't you say? They smacked the crossbar from close range 1st half, Raya made two great saves second half and the woodwork came to our aid again whereas we only had one serious effort on goal and scored from it.

But who cares as we battled superbly.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Was a game that could have gone either way wouldn't you say? They smacked the crossbar from close range 1st half, Raya made two great saves second half and the woodwork came to our aid again whereas we only had one serious effort on goal and scored from it.

But who cares as we battled superbly.

Any game can go either way, it was like they were an amazing team though the way people were speaking. They're not, no team in this league is, we should fear absolutely nobody and approach every single game with a positive approach, Tony also agrees ?

• Like 2