BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Brentford

6 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Thought Bell and Nyambe  read the game beautifully today. Don't recall them getting any joy up the wings. 

Many have been calling for bell instead of williams, and with 3 clean sheets in his 4 appearances will add to that call. He is very calm on the ball, doesn't panic like williams, doesn't get beat often or leave men unmarked like williams. Although I've been disappointed with him going forward, which I though would be his main asset, did it so well at fleetwood, however possibly down to instructions. 

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It's not good,we have to hope that the folk of Blackburn take notice.

It's still holiday time. Lot of people will be away for Bank Holiday weekend or have family visits etc. We thought of coming ourselves today but we were away in the Lakes and a bit too late coming home after we'd done the stuff we had to do. 

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45229932

Their manager having a whinge about the length of the grass. 

Also says one of his players stopped (and didn’t play to the whistle) in the build up to the goal. 

That was probably someone else’s fault also, unless he stopped because he was tangled up in the 8 foot long grass at Ewood?

D*ck.

1 hour ago, SAMCRO said:

Just had a look on the brentford forums. Saw a couple of comments like "Imagine watching Blackburn every week.." and "Blackburn Parked the bus".

Can't disagree more, everyone is giving their all. If crunching tackles, high pressing and closing down quickly is ugly, well then I love ugly. 

Had a quick look myself

anti-football and inept officials won the day” apparently.

Wasn’t aware that I didn’t like Brentford before, but between this and the managers comments it seems like they reckon they are bleeding Barcelona or something just because they ineffectively knock it about a bit.

Look forward to going to theirs with a full strength side and playing them off the park.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Saw this post on their forum:-

"Blackburn did a proper number on us, we had no space to create anything".

I think that sums up todays match perfectly.

That's more like it. We needed Raya's shot stopping brilliance but Evans was excellent again, he closed everything down and is finally an asset to the team. So was Bennett - who Nuttall could learn a hell of a lot from in terms of using your strength and harassing a defence.  Special mention to Mowbray too. I was scratching my head when he took Palmer and Evans off but once again, he knew best and we saw the game out relatively easy.

• Like 3

Wasnt there today but very pleasing to see us win with a badly weakened side. Characters there for all to see. Give this squad some.help as mentioned in the loan window thread and it could be another good season. In general, without seeing todays game, Rothwell and Palmer look like shrewd additions and Evans has shown the ability I knew he had but I just hope we can get a good season from him in terms of being injury free.

The performances of all the pitch talk can be filed under sour grapes. That said, I did think that against Liverpool, Everton, Millwall and Reading that the pitch looked far from ideal considering its the start of a new season.

The pitch was particularly poor last season as well so maybe theyve changed groundsmen or cut costs on that part of the club?

20 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Had a quick look myself

Wasn’t aware that I didn’t like Brentford before, but between this and the managers comments it seems like they reckon they are bleeding Barcelona or something just because they ineffectively knock it about a bit.

Look forward to going to theirs with a full strength side and playing them off the park.

Rovers are historically a big club..brentford are nobodies...cluck 'em

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good win against a very good team who I expect to be challenging for top6/2. 

Today victory was down to work rate, defensive shape, hard work and us playing a counter attack gameplan. No way could we been open and attacking cos Brentford would have rip us apart. 

I thought Bennett was outstanding. His work rate, closing down, tackling and commitment shows why he is Mr. Blackburn Rovers. Represented the Club badge 100%

Also thought Bell, Lenihan, Rothwell and Evans all had good games. I was disappointed by Palmer and Nuttall performances as I felt their work rate and closing down wasn't good enough for me. We didn't play to Nuttall's strengths but still expect his work rate to be better. 

Special mention to Raya who made 2 great saves and kept us in the game. 

But if we can keep this form up and get a couple of signings in this week we could challenge for top 6 possibly but that's not main target for the season. Mid table for me. I stand by my prediction of 14th at this stage. if we are top 10 by Christmas then no reason we can't challenge for top 6 then

This is whats annoying - another poster long ago said this and you have jut blalanlty copied it - do you ever have your own opinion?

• Like 2

First home game since Lambert left today. Plenty of always, but good to be back at Ewood. 

Bell, Lenihan, Nyambe, Evans, Smallwood, Bennett all great today. Rothwell tremendous. Good to see people like Travis coming off the bench. 

Nuttall is nowhere near good enough at this level. Heard the Accrington manager on radio lancs begging for a striker. Ship him out.

• Like 1

Really pleased with the game plan and effort today. Thought we set up very well and managed the game very well. Something of a 'Burnley-esqe' performance with them having the majority of possession and chances but us keeping them out and taking our chance when it came.

Need more options and depth, not good enough having Hart, Caddis and Nuttall all in the squad. 

This is the best Brentford team I have ever seen. All the players are tricky, fast, and know where each other is. Most of them are of foreign origin which seems the norm for London area teams and their quality is a joy to watch.

Rovers did extremely well to gradually negate their efforts, nick a goal and, as the game went on, gain game superiority. Rothwell is a very exciting player. Bell is getting better and better.

Mowbray's tactics were spot on. I'm delighted.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Had a quick look myself

I seem to recall a pretty well worked build up to our goal and our three most threatening forward players being either on the bench for 2/3 of the game or unavailable.

They must still be reeling from Charlie’s free kick on that great day in 2017 (when we went down at Griffin Park to be re-born).

Look forward to Bradley showing ‘em how to cut pretty patterns in the turf whilst he turns them inside out in the return fixture.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wasnt there today but very pleasing to see us win with a badly weakened side. Characters there for all to see. Give this squad some.help as mentioned in the loan window thread and it could be another good season. In general, without seeing todays game, Rothwell and Palmer look like shrewd additions and Evans has shown the ability I knew he had but I just hope we can get a good season from him in terms of being injury free.

The performances of all the pitch talk can be filed under sour grapes. That said, I did think that against Liverpool, Everton, Millwall and Reading that the pitch looked far from ideal considering its the start of a new season.

The pitch was particularly poor last season as well so maybe theyve changed groundsmen or cut costs on that part of the club?

I didn't think had Palmer poor game tbh but I guess today isn't the game to judge him considering our tactics and gameplan. But he got a good goal. 

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

First home game since Lambert left today. Plenty of always, but good to be back at Ewood. 

Bell, Lenihan, Nyambe, Evans, Smallwood, Bennett all great today. Rothwell tremendous. Good to see people like Travis coming off the bench. 

Nuttall is nowhere near good enough at this level. Heard the Accrington manager on radio lancs begging for a striker. Ship him out.

Great to see you back JB. 

I suggested Accrington before for a loan move for Nuttall

36 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

This is whats annoying - another poster long ago said this and you have jut blalanlty copied it - do you ever have your own opinion?

guess it a rest Jack. its a shame you cant comment on my post about the game instead 

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Decent enough side, but a few top half Championship finishes instead of their usual lower leagues existence and their fans seem to think they are some kind of purveyors of the beautiful game:

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130677

One poster on their board referred to it as a fiasco. I’d say they were formerly outthought and then outfought but we weren’t dirty.

If anything the ref should have given us a couple of decisions (Rothwell being sliced in half in particular).

Think they are in danger of giving themselves a nosebleed.

I enjoyed today.

After what all my Stoke supporting pals were telling me after they played them and watching them the other night against Villa, i thought Brentford might have a bit to much for us today with our injuries. Always love to be proved wrong by this lot!

Scrappy game that was was won by one moment of pure quality from Rothwell and two fantastic saves from Raya.

What i love most about this side is that they love a scrap, Smallwood, Rothwell, Evans, and Bennett were fantastic for me. Far too often in the venkys era have Rovers sides gone down with a wimper.

Long may this continue!

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Danny Graham was excellent today, great flicked headers, laying the ball off and holding it up. I love watching players like him, who really have a football brain. You don’t need to run around like a headless chicken to play this game, clever footballers never do so.

• Like 6