BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Brentford

4 minutes ago, Giant said:

Danny Graham was excellent today, great flicked headers, laying the ball off and holding it up. I love watching players like him, who really have a football brain. You don’t need to run around like a headless chicken to play this game, clever footballers never do so.

A player at times underrated compared to other attacking players. His hold up and inteligence is very good. Clever players link up well and are on the same wavelength. See Dack and Graham.

At this present moment, there is nothing to suggest that when both are fit, that Brereton would play over him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blueheart said:

Yes agree that Ewood is short of atmosphere, lower the ticket price and fill the ground !

Yeah thought the club were doing a cheap ticket offer on one of the early games?It don't really matter to me as have season ticket but if they did a cheap game and some of the non regulars seen the fight and passion of this team it might persuade a few to come back more regularly. 

I'm sure someone mentioned it from the fans forum.

If we win or draw next weekend maybe we will see a few more on when we next play at home against Villa on the 15th and they will bring a big crowd.It is on the telly though.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Wasnt there today but very pleasing to see us win with a badly weakened side. Characters there for all to see. Give this squad some.help as mentioned in the loan window thread and it could be another good season. In general, without seeing todays game, Rothwell and Palmer look like shrewd additions and Evans has shown the ability I knew he had but I just hope we can get a good season from him in terms of being injury free.

The performances of all the pitch talk can be filed under sour grapes. That said, I did think that against Liverpool, Everton, Millwall and Reading that the pitch looked far from ideal considering its the start of a new season.

The pitch was particularly poor last season as well so maybe theyve changed groundsmen or cut costs on that part of the club?

Agree with that.  For some reason the pitch has been slow and looked almost boggy.  Nowhere near as good as we've had in the past.  Against Liverpool in particular the ball didn't travel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Agree with that.  For some reason the pitch has been slow and looked almost boggy.  Nowhere near as good as we've had in the past.  Against Liverpool in particular the ball didn't travel.

if the grass is long then you'd have to think it's a deliberate ploy. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't think had Palmer poor game tbh but I guess today isn't the game to judge him considering our tactics and gameplan. But he got a good goal. 

Great to see you back JB. 

I suggested Accrington before for a loan move for Nuttall

guess it a rest Jack. its a shame you cant comment on my post about the game instead 

I already gave my OWN opinion on the game without stealing other peoples comments.

Important win for Rovers to finally get a victory at Ewood Park in the Championship.  Hopefully we can kick on this week when we take on Lincoln in the Cup and furthermore when we head to Bristol for a massive away day before the international break.  Hoping the gaffa can add 3 or 4 more faces this week, expect that youngster from Forest, and Harris Reed from Saints, maybe 1 or 2 more.  My thoughts and words from the gaffa. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

One poster on their board referred to it as a fiasco. I’d say they were formerly outthought and then outfought but we weren’t dirty.

If anything the ref should have given us a couple of decisions (Rothwell being sliced in half in particular).

Think they are in danger of giving themselves a nosebleed.

I read their boards and according to a few of them they should be aiming for auto-promotion. I did not see much of last season or even know much about them but have they really spent or created a team capable to have that kind of ambition? They had a few handy players though - that Ollie Watkinds looked very good and that banarama guy that surprisingly went off seemed to be very good.

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

For the first time in nearly a decade it feels good to be a Rovers fan again.There is a growing belief with this side and Manager.

Feels good,something down Ewood way is stirring again.....

I was dithering about whether to go to Bristol, but after today I have no doubt, onwards and upwards

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Tony would definitely got the groundsman to keep it long. Brentford play an obvious brand if football so I think it's deliberate.

Too right and so he should. Anything within the rules that gives us some help is fine with me. Clubs up and down the country would do similar depending on opponent.

3 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

Great win i cant beleive the work rate of every player cant remember the last time we had a team that worked that hard, only bad point today was when coming off after the final whistle my grandaughter wanted to know why they wernt playing her favorite song like they usually do when we win. (black eyed peas and tonight going to be a good night.)

Personally I think it would be better if there was no music at full time . Let the fans show their appreciation for the team and let the team enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Moments before we scored today Caddis got called over along with Graham and Mark Venus was showing him some instructions.

I still can’t work out if he was going to come on or they just wanted a brew.

I hope to god it was a brew. Or the way to the exit.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

Finished meetings in Naming at 2 in the morning and sufficiently disoriented to be surprised by receiving the final score when the mobile eventually connected to VPN.

Not surprised by the result - I had a good feeling about this one as I posted after the Reading game.

BUT all but dropped my phone when I saw the starting XI. I mean we wouldn't have expected that lot to win a League 1 fixture last season.

This could be a very interesting season. A VERY interesting season if we secure the target signings next week.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

First home game since Lambert left today. Plenty of always, but good to be back at Ewood. 

Bell, Lenihan, Nyambe, Evans, Smallwood, Bennett all great today. Rothwell tremendous. Good to see people like Travis coming off the bench. 

Nuttall is nowhere near good enough at this level. Heard the Accrington manager on radio lancs begging for a striker. Ship him out.

I think he is going to Stanley on loan as soon as the Brereton deal is sorted.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Moments before we scored today Caddis got called over along with Graham and Mark Venus was showing him some instructions.

I saw that too

He was coming on - 100%

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Finished meetings in Naming at 2 in the morning and sufficiently disoriented to be surprised by receiving the final score when the mobile eventually connected to VPN.

Not surprised by the result - I had a good feeling about this one as I posted after the Reading game.

BUT all but dropped my phone when I saw the starting XI. I mean we wouldn't have expected that lot to win a League 1 fixture last season.

This could be a very interesting season. A VERY interesting season if we secure the target signings next week.

Tbf it was our first choice team last season minus Dack and Armstrong. It was the bench that was scary.

This season is all about securing a comfortable finish in the Championship, but you can’t help dream of a push for a play off spot.

Looking at our team, we have a combination of highly rated young players (Rothwell, Palmer, Armstrong, Davenport), Rovers academy graduates who look like they can make it at the top level (Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan), recently capped internationals (Mulgrew, Williams, Evans) and experienced leaders (Bennett, Graham, Conway, even Smallwood). Not to mention the best left back in League One last season (Bell) and the best player in League One last season (Dack).

On top of that we have decent cover in Downing, Rodwell and Samuel and some decent young players coming through the academy (although I expect players like Nuttall and Travis to go out on loan.

Looks like we are bringing in 2 more highly rated young players in Brereton and Reed.

That looks like a really promising and exciting team to me... especially given our start.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Before Graham came on Tony had indicated to both him and Caddis to get ready but clearly changed his mind about Caddis.