BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Brentford

10 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

What a nice change it is to have two have good full backs.

Agree entirely. It's such a pleasure to watch these two youngsters giving as good as they get and getting better and better every game. Nyambe has been developing slowly over the last twelve months and Bell is improving every game. Hope TM keeps this back four together.

On 25/08/2018 at 23:32, Neal said:

Looking at their boards I can't believe the arrogance... Who do that lot think they are? "Should be beating sides like Blackburn"...

Hah! They've done fantastically well for themselves in the last few years, and have put a skilled team together, but when all's said and done, club vs club, prestige, history, infrastructures etc all compared, they're lucky to even be in the same league as us. 'Should be beating sides like Blackburn' indeed...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, AAK said:

Just watching highlights and sorry but most were wrong about shutting darwen end it now looks terrible without home fans in and the atmosphere is worse, simple as.

Two main problems with it -

1) More than half of the league will bring Brentford/Reading esque followings - that’s a hell of a lot of empty seats in an enormous stand.

2) By not helping sort out a new home for the Darwen Enders, you’ve got 500 folk dispersed around 3 stands, so won’t really improve the atmosphere in any of them.

But not sure how you can tell the atmosphere is worse from the highlights? The team got the crowd going with their effort and will to win, fans love to see it.

7 hours ago, AAK said:

Just watching highlights and sorry but most were wrong about shutting darwen end it now looks terrible without home fans in and the atmosphere is worse, simple as.

It doesn't look great but it didn't look so good with at most 2-300 huddled in a back corner. That's not a criticism of the fans.

There's more noise from the BBE than for several seasons and this will increase. The JWL area is very quiet and I doubt will last much longer. If I had been in the DE and had moved to the JWL I would now be looking to moving to the BBE.

Edited by Paul

Unfortunately as we’ve seen on this board there’s a hardcore that have this real issue with the Blackburn End, to the extent where some even talk about stopping going over moving. 

Bizarre, especially with this team so deserving our support, but there you go.

• Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic

Protesters and anti-protesters?

Seem to remember a lot of aggro between fan at one point. When people start calling others “not real fans” or “enemies of the club” it tends to sting. Especially when it’s between die-hards.

It will take a long time to get over.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

Not sure with this issue. As I know plenty of Blackburn Enders that did, the Wolves walk out was very well attended in the Blackburn End.

Its more that the Darren Enders feel they are the bastions of the atmosphere and the Blackburn End gave up years ago.

Though in reality as the Darwen End numbers dwindled neither were owt to write home about. But now we’ve got the chance to make it a proper end again - Palace style, so why not go for it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Unfortunately as we’ve seen on this board there’s a hardcore that have this real issue with the Blackburn End, to the extent where some even talk about stopping going over moving. 

Bizarre, especially with this team so deserving our support, but there you go.

???

Please can you expand on reason(s) behind this.

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure with this issue. As I know plenty of Blackburn Enders that did, the Wolves walk out was very well attended in the Blackburn End.

Its more that the Darren Enders feel they are the bastions of the atmosphere and the Blackburn End gave up years ago.

Though in reality as the Darwen End numbers dwindled neither were owt to write home about. But now we’ve got the chance to make it a proper end again - Palace style, so why not go for it?

I don’t see what the problem is. It’s how I remember it when I was a teenager. BBE was the place you went if you wanted more atmosphere and to sing.

Darwen End was an away fan only section then. 

Just because the ground has changed and we have TV cameras nowadays, I’d rather have one ‘solid end’.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

As in they refuse to move there under any circumstances. Nothing more sinister than that.

But something is behind that; wasn’t implying it is sinister. There’s a reason or principle at play; otherwise a non issue. BBE view is just revere of DE. Same stand etc.

I think barry and Old Darwen Blue have explained it before, but I can’t remember their rationale, so I’ll let them explain.

But we are where are now, so why not fill up N01 with a hundred more singers in a 4,000 or so strong stand, instead of being miles away from anyone in a corner of the JW?

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:08, Paul said:

It doesn't look great but it didn't look so good with at most 2-300 huddled in a back corner. That's not a criticism of the fans.

There's more noise from the BBE than for several seasons and this will increase. The JWL area is very quiet and I doubt will last much longer. If I had been in the DE and had moved to the JWL I would now be looking to moving to the BBE.

Personally I will never go on the Blackburn End, cant speak for others mind.

Last few times I've been on there I was spat at by a fellow Rovers fan and on another occasion one attempted (badly failed) to assault me. Other than that I see posts by those in BBE this season along the lines of "singing section is embarrassing, just full of kids, please come and make some noise in the BBE".

Truth is the BBE needs quite a few to move out into the JW or Riverside if they want to make a real impact noise wise. Many fans in there have been there since day 1 and it seems many are now older and prefer to sit quietly watching the game, with just the top corner making an effort. Im a bit older too but still like to shout myself hoarse at games lol.

unsure of the obsession some in there have with the DE or now JW lower, watch the game, enjoy it and stop worrying about or mocking others who are in the ground making an effort. 

Edited by pk1875
  • Like 1

A few people on here don’t represent the Blackburn End.

The only place that it is now possible to create an atmosphere is that End, N01 being the prime area - that ‘top corner’ as you put it, a bit like the DE top corner then, no? 

It is starting to improve as folk from across the ground are noticing.

Can’t speak for what happened to you personally, but again that doesn’t represent 4,000 people. Just all seems very petty and creating divides that really don’t exist, surely as a fan base we’ve moved on from all that?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A few people on here don’t represent the Blackburn End.

The only place that it is now possible to create an atmosphere is that End, N01 being the prime area - that ‘top corner’ as you put it, a bit like the DE top corner then, no? 

It is starting to improve as folk from across the ground are noticing.

Can’t speak for what happened to you personally, but again that doesn’t represent 4,000 people. Just all seems very petty and creating divides that really don’t exist, surely as a fan base we’ve moved on from all that?

Happened again last night, as good few posts on FB from BBE fans knocking other sections of the support, then saying oh come and join us lol. Ewood needs a bit of noise in all home areas.

• Like 1