BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Brentford

Why do you care what a few people on social media think? Most people in the Blackburn End will have no opinion at all about other stands, and certainly won’t be talking about it on Facebook or anywhere else, can’t say I’ve overheard anyone with the slightest interest or think there ever was a ‘rivalry’.

100 people in the corner of the JW can’t make a decent noise and until we get considerably more than 11,000 home fans on the ground, it will be difficult to create different areas with full throated singing. Seems like you are grasping at reasons not to help create a proper end, when currently it is the only solution.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Why do you care what a few people on social media think? Most people in the Blackburn End will have no opinion at all about other stands, and certainly won’t be talking about it on Facebook or anywhere else, can’t say I’ve overheard anyone with the slightest interest or think there ever was a ‘rivalry’.

100 people in the corner of the JW can’t make a decent noise and until we get considerably more than 11,000 home fans on the ground, it will be difficult to create different areas with full throated singing. Seems like you are grasping at reasons not to help create a proper end, when currently it is the only solution.

I with a few others are trying to create a proper end, if it works out we will have two proper ends then. I have read today that the FA support safe standing in the Prem and Championship, now that could be a real game changer at Ewood. 

• Like 1

Safe standing on the Darwen End?

Interesting development, but it doesn’t change the fact that it won’t happen overnight and even if it did we won’t have different stands with singers in decent numbers until we get numbers significantly higher than 11,000, the ground is just too big.

Edited by Mattyblue

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Safe standing on the Darwen End?

Interesting development, but it doesn’t change the fact that it won’t happen overnight and even if it did we won’t have different stands with singers in decent numbers until we get numbers significantly higher than 11,000, the ground is just too big.

Why would the safe standing be on the Darwen end? Surely it would be better on the Blackburn end

Plus i imagine there are too many regulars that "wont give up there seat" in the Blackburn end.

If it comes to it i reckon they would probably look at putting it in the Darwen end.

Edited by MarkBRFC

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Plus i imagine there are too many regulars that "wont give up there seat" in the Blackburn end.

If it comes to it i reckon they would probably look at putting it in the Darwen end.

When has upsetting regulars entered into the thought processes of our planners.

• Like 1

Mattyblue your obsessed with pushing the BBE and running down those of us who went in the Darren End, let it go pal you’ll feel better! We will go in which end we want to go. I don’t know how old you are but the BBE support is nothing compared to what it was when I were a lad. 

Im in the JWL but a couple of blocks away from the lads at the end. Everyone around me says the atmosphere in there has improved. Mighty oaks from small acorns grow you know!

10 hours ago, rigger said:

Why would the safe standing be on the Darwen end? Surely it would be better on the Blackburn end

It might be but there’s a hell of a lot of people on the BBE who don’t want to sing or stand but would refuse to give up their seats AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM. 

Obsessed? Running down? Why would I be any of those things?! You feel free to go where you want! Is this not a place for debate and throwing around ideas?

We have to be realistic, with current numbers in the ground, the JW lower won’t get going, so yes the Blackburn End is the current only solution. 

Now we’d all love to see the ground like it was in 2009 with two full ends, but it won’t be any time soon, so as an interim why not pack out the End which is fairly full already and is the only part of the ground with an ok-ish atmosphere (yes just ok, nobody thinks it’s the BBEnd of yore).

I’ve no idea why you find this a remotely controversial suggestion.

Edited by Mattyblue

8 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

It might be but there’s a hell of a lot of people on the BBE who don’t want to sing or stand but would refuse to give up their seats AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM. 

It depends on how many you think of as hell of a lot, that would not want to stand or move seats. The entire area would probably be 800 seats at most, of which a certain percentage would either agree to stand or move seats. The disgruntled rest would have to grin and bear it. If it was for the good of the club because of a better atmosphere, I think the whole entertainment package would be better 

Edited by rigger