BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol Away Question

Got a question that I hope yee can help with! Hoping to head to my first away rovers match ever next week in Bristol. Tried to buy tickets online but none are available. I'm based in Ireland and am flying straight over to Bristol so is it even possible for me to get tickets at all without going to the ticket office in Blackburn? Sorry if its a stupid question in advance! 

7 hours ago, Irish...Rover said:

Thanks a million! I'll give them a call! 

Hi, If you are buying online via Rovers ticketmaster site you have to go to the bottom of the page to the sub menu box were it says all seats (this is a default setting)and choose one of the options for what area is available ,if you try to hit find seats with all areas showing it does not work,i have the just found this out today after having issues purchasing away tickets even though I am a ST holder and a 1875 member ..PS they are now on N39 you have to try all options before it knows that that block is now available.hope that makes sense

Edited by den9112

10 hours ago, den9112 said:

Hi, If you are buying online via Rovers ticketmaster site you have to go to the bottom of the page to the sub menu box were it says all seats (this is a default setting)and choose one of the options for what area is available ,if you try to hit find seats with all areas showing it does not work,i have the just found this out today after having issues purchasing away tickets even though I am a ST holder and a 1875 member ..PS they are now on N39 you have to try all options before it knows that that block is now available.hope that makes sense

Thanks Den! That's helpful to know for the future! Enjoy the game! 

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Bristol rugby play at Ashton Gate. They had their opening game last night against Bath. City are going to be playing several home games on Sundays.

Not the reason according to their official site:

‘The above fixtures have been moved to aid the team’s recovery and alleviate fixture congestion.’

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/changes-to-city-s-championship-calendar/

I know it isn’t the official reason but that’s widely disbelieved in Bristol and by me. I asked the question at the Fans Forum and got the same official response. It seems to me that they can’t practically have a rugby game on the Friday night and a football game on the Saturday afternoon on the same pitch. I think we should be thankful our game is very early in the season - I can’t imagine the pitch will be too great in the winter.

I suspect someone has cocked up on the fixture front - they should be playing the rugby on weekends when Bristol Rovers are at home.

Bristol City fan here,ref coming in from Ireland.

Not sure what your arrival time is,but if your coming via the airpoprt bus.

The ground can be seen on the left hand side heading into Bristol

What is your day/arrival time?

Ref the rugby boys.

The above fixtures have been moved to aid the team’s recovery and alleviate fixture congestion.’

We played Saturday so we get an extra day off.

Might have been done,thinking Bristol City would be in the 2nd round of the caraboo cup

Pitch is a 4G,so no problems last season

See my local info posting

Last proper weekend of the summer holidays so

The M5 will grind to a snails pace from just south of the M5 at the M42 junction

Start your journey some thing like 06:00am,well it is a 13:30pm kick off

match was moved to sunday as they Rugby boys play friday night
or maybe stay the weekend at Weston Super Mare

Coming by road.
Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol

YOU WILL GET LOST

If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.
Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 11:30am  please don't block drive ways or park on corners.
If you are coming by train the local trains to Parson street are not convenient on Sunday.

BUT AND A BIG BUT,could I request you get the train ticket issued to Parson street as it push's up the footfall at the station its the same price as bristol temple meads

Till Ashton gate haly comes on line,just curious why is there no rail station by the line as it pass's by your football ground
When you approach the ground from the winterstoke road direction I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement
as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE THE JOHN ATYEO STATUE and Wallace from Wallace and gromit serie
Split train tickets are available to Bristol from the London area and group save is also availble on GWR trains,
but not cross country trains
If there are at least three of you get a taxi from the station to the ground
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station at Bristol Temple Meads
Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
If your into your "STREET ART" there is loads to see in the Ashton area as we have just celebrated the upfest in BS3
Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Leave your car there and walk to the ground
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB and 95:5.

In 2015/16 957 blackburn fans visited Ashton Gate

in 2016/17 556 blackburn fans visited Ashton Gate

A final reminder that there has been no pay on the day for away fans

I don't that will be change,so please buy your tickets in advance

Can you please circulate to other Blackburn rovers forums and message boards

as well as other Blackburn rovers followers

If you want any further local info,don't be afraid to ask.

• Like 1

Hi ladies and gents, another Bristol City fan here.

Firstly, well done on your start to the season.

Secondly, the reason why this has been moved to the Sunday is, in part due to the rugby on Friday against Bath where a 24000 crowd is expected but we could easily hold the game on the Saturday as we've done before. In addition there is an annual music festival on the downs in Bristol on Saturday (about 1 1/2 miles from Ashton Gate) with Paul Weller and Noel Gallagher's high flying birds among others playing. It's a 27,000 sell out. The police won't have both events on the same day, even though they won't admit it but, in my opinion, that's why we've been moved to the Sunday. Apologies for the inconvenience. I work for a company based near you, in Irlam, so I know what a dreadful journey it is. 

Have a safe journey down if you're travelling. 

Last year:

Edited by Way down West