BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Flag ideas and 'New Order' connection

Right then... 

Planning on getting a 6ftx4ft custom flag made up and looking for some ideas. I don't want anything too busy, something bold and simple. 

Seen a few flags with 'New Order' on them, a band that I really like... Can anybody tell me the connection there? If there is one that is... Either way, the name of the band suits the current situation under Mowbray and its something the fans could undertake as a new feeling of togetherness. 

Don't worry, I still have my 'Venkys Out' flag folded away in case they decide to @#/? things up again but for the time being its nice to make a different type of banner and focus on the football for once!

All ideas welcome. 

“Every time I think of you, I get shot right through with a bolt of blue”...

To be honest Neal, I’m not sure but maybe it’s just that the band are popular in the north and especially popular with a certain age group, many of them football fans! 

16 minutes ago, Biz said:

“Every time I think of you, I get shot right through with a bolt of blue”...

To be honest Neal, I’m not sure but maybe it’s just that the band are popular in the north and especially popular with a certain age group, many of them football fans! 

If I could fit that on a flag I would! 

"heaven knows it's got to be this time" could describe the feeling of our fans regarding managers and the 'owners' these past 8 years. 

Edited by Neal

• Moderation Lead

One of the best Rovers ones I've seen was 'small town, big history' and a picture of all the trophies we've won on the flag, which I thought was smart.

Also one with the slogan 'How does it feel?' (Continuing with the New Order theme). 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

One of the best Rovers ones I've seen was 'small town, big history' and a picture of all the trophies we've won on the flag, which I thought was smart.

Also one with the slogan 'How does it feel?' (Continuing with the New Order theme). 

Cracking flag that, one that stuck in my mind when I had this idea. We should celebrate our success more. 

Perhaps one with 'BRFC', each cup we've won underneath with a star representing how many times. Could be nice... 

Edited by Neal

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Aye, I imagine that 'Mill Hill New Order' flag that I've seen knocking about is part of that.

It gets a mention in a book as well I believe also I remember reading something about it on a Leeds Utd forum. Mind you the 'yoof' get a mention in Shaun Ryders autobiography as well although i'm always amazed he can remember anything ?

Edited by tomphil

On the Blackburn connection, I think I remember seeing on a New Order DVD a few years ago, a chat with Barney where he was asked about the Blackburn link.  I don't think he knew why but said it was a 'thing' and his only explanation was they'd done a few gigs at KGH that were especially rowdy and it was probably via those (Mill Hill yoof perhaps).  If I find the DVD sometime I'll take notes and post here.