BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Confession Box - opinions you had which were wrong

Everybody is very opinionated on here. People are quick to give opinions and not so quick to admit they were wrong. 

Its now time to own up to opinions you had which have been proven to be incorrect. I'n recent times, my two biggies are:-

* Raya will not be good enough to be a number one. We'd have been better keeping Simon Eastwood.

* Downing's signing is a knee jerk reaction and will be of no benefit to this club whatsoever.

Anyone else want to confess?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

i thought mowbray would be an even bigger failer then appleton 

i thought signing bell was a waste of time

i thought keeping conway and graham when we were relegated to leauge 1 was a waste

i thought armstrong would never conisder signing here permantly

i general im such a negative sod who is happy to be proven wrong, although i might need to up my gym training times with all this humble pie ive been eating ;)

• Like 2

Far too many for me to post in here.

I'm wrong about 90% of first opinions when it comes to Rovers!

Main two..

Being at Luton when Chris Samba came on for his debut, i looked at my mate and said "you just know he is going to be terrible".

I just rolled my eyes and let out a big "FFS" when Mowbray was appointed.

Sure there will be plenty more yet!

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

Great thread...!

As BRFCS podcast listeners will be aware....I said after the Shrewsbury away game last season that a Mr Bradley Dack was “an elegant solution to a problem we don’t have...”.

Yeah, well....

Going back a little I expressed incredulity at signing Brad Friedel when we had in John Filan an excellent keeper; I thought Mark Hughes was just topping up his pension when he came as a player, Craig Bellamy was a trouble maker who would ruin the dressing room and that Kevin Davies would be a tremendous asset....

I’m amazed I’m allowed anywhere near our podcasts if I’m being honest...?

• Like 4

I once had the opinion that the bastion of integrity the Football Association would see past a multi million pound contract with a business partner and lovely delivered Harrods hampers and never allow a football agency to run a club in their highest league, how wrong I was

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

I thought Paul Ince would be a success, based on his playing/management record.

I thought Grabbi was going to be the next big thing, based purely on the price tag we’d paid.

I thought Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole were going to lead us into the top 4, when Yorke arrived. 

The worst one? I thought Kean needed to be given a chance, because of the lack of entertainment value we had under Sam Allardyce. 

I thought a lot of things. I thought a lot of things that turned out to be damn well wrong ?

Edited by scotchrover