BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Confession Box - opinions you had which were wrong

10 hours ago, Jimbobololo said:

Stuart? We're waiting......

Ok, I’ll be honest, for a brief moment some years ago I thought, given time, you - or one of the stooges that liked your post - would eventually make a worthwhile post.

• Like 1

I posted half an hour before kick off against York that the line up that played that day wouldn't score if they played until Xmas. ... We won 8-0

I thought Danny Murphy and Peter whittingham would be superb signings

By November last year I wanted graham out the club, nyambe out on loan and mowbrary spending Saturday afternoons telling his grandkids about the good old days. 

I thought Adam Henley would be playing premier league football by now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Amidst the gloating, it would be good to hear from a few of those who backed Kean over the protesters.

Maybe one of those who called me “an enemy of the club”.

Yes, I too have a long memory...

i've got one of yours Stuart. 

In reply to me you said it was wrong to judge Delfuenso on the strength of one game!!!  :P

Just now, 47er said:

i've got one of yours Stuart. 

In reply to me you said it was wrong to judge Delfuenso on the strength of one game!!!  :P

Feel the burn! Probably correct though - although I don’t remember it. Should we have judged Andre Ooijer after his first game? Or Chris Samba?

I usually try to be quite balanced in posts (some will laugh of course) but I will admit to one big one though.

Mowbray.

My gut reaction to the Coventry failure was proven wrong, kind of.

He still frustrates and I do have complaints but he has revolutionised the club and turned us around. He arrested the decline and flipped it 180. His temperament is exactly what we needed. He has a team ethos at the forefront of his decision making and it has and is paying dividends as the team can cope without its so-called stars.

It did help that he got the measure of Jason Lowe early on and allowed him to leave. I’m certain Bowyer or even Coyle would have renewed his contract.

Although he couldn’t save us from relegation - which was the original target - I am very happy that he got there in the end.

”Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward.” - Steve Kean

....’s Great Big Book of Positive Thinking.

Being the eternal optimist, I have crashed and burned more times than I care to remember. One that stands out for me is when in conversation with my brother, I said that I was confident that the quiet, self depricating Duffer wouldn't want to leave his tranquil Oswaltwistle home (did he even live there?) for the bright lights and noise of the Kings Road. Imagine my surprise when the next thing I see on SSN is him at an airport legging it away from the rest of the Rovers squad who were preparing to fly out on a pre season tour, so he could catch a taxi to Stamford Bridge. 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Feel the burn! Probably correct though - although I don’t remember it. Should we have judged Andre Ooijer after his first game? Or Chris Samba?

Re Oojier and Samba---No! Delfi was in a class of his own!

Edited by 47er