BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Confession Box - opinions you had which were wrong

21 hours ago, ossyian said:

Two big mistakes come to my mind from me.

1. Dave Wagstaff. Why buy that past it player I thought!

2. Duncan McKenzie.  Lazy I thought!

Two of the best I've ever seen at Ewood as it turned out. Unbelievable talent

Waggy on the wing and "uncle Duncan" probably the most skillfully player I've seen in almost 60 years at Ewood!

4 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I don't think lazy was ever Dwight's issue - Fergie said he trained harder than most. Or ability. I think his problem was his lifestyle and the ensuing crap it came with.

He played CM in the 2006 WC and was an absolute beast,  a real athlete.

Too many off field distractions and I got the feeling he thought Ewood  Park and Blackburn Rovers were beneath him.

• Like 1

Fun topic.

My biggest one was why do we need that American keeper when we've got Filan and Kelly...

Was disappointed when TM became manager.

Also, no matter how for or against or indifferent any Rovers fan was to Kean or Venkys, I'm convinced no one had an idea of how bad for the club they would be. I think their levels of incompetence and underhandedness went beyond what even the gloomiest Rovers fan expected to happen. In a way Kean and Venkys took everyone by surprise.

On 27/08/2018 at 18:13, speeeeeeedie said:

I also said that Burnley would struggle to win another game toward the back end of last season. They promptly won 4 or 5 in a row.

Guilty of that too.

OK wanting Coyle as Manager after Ince was sacked.

Writing about the inevitability of life in the National League after we lost to Doncaster Rovers.

- I expected Whittingham to be our stand out player last season and potentially our new captain at the time of signing.

- For one of Gestede's first games with us on loan, I spent the whole 90 minutes calling him a donkey and claiming he wasn't good enough. How wrong I was. What a player; especially in the air. 

OK I will venture into matters financial and business:

- I was wrong or rather did not know how mind blowingly dysfunctional parts of the Walker family are

- backing the guy who bought in Spain eventually for too long

- I was wrong about Venky wealth until I found out how stunningly astute the late father was with the profits he had made and the land deal he cut

- twice ballsed up simple arithmetic. Most recently despite my denials at the time, Venky's have put in £150m+, not £250m+

What I am not retracting:

- Glen Mullan is right

- support for the Trustees, John Williams and Tom Finn 

- what I posted about Qatar, Australians and Western Union

- my opinions about Tantric, Kentaro, Kean and Nixon

- my support of Big Sam

- Steve Patrick the best groundsman ever

• Like 4