BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS vs Lincoln

On Tuesday night, Rovers take on the Imps. I had intended to do some more research and typing but I broke my arm last week so this will have to do;

Lincoln facts; 

Lincoln is a cathedral city around 100 miles away in the midlands

Our last competitive fixture was in the FA cup in 1974, our last league fixture in 1958 in Division two. 6 wins, 3 draws and 10 losses in total.

Lincoln are top of league two, undefeated having beaten Notts county in their previous outing.

Currently managed by Danny Cowley, one of two brothers making a name for themselves in lower league.

Micheal Bostwick is an important player for Lincoln, who also have Scott Wharton currently on loan.

As for Rovers; I hope we progress, but I also hope that TM rests a few key bodies to keep our league form going - Mulgrew/Lenihan/Evans/Graham.

Its early days, but perhaps Rodwell would suit a debut in this type of game.

Prediction - 3-1 Rovers.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1

Yep, hope we progress but would also rest a few more compared the last round with the squad already at breaking point, injury wise.

If Rodwells been training surely this is a perfect opportunity to get him game time, same with any new signings if they arrive.

Raya

Travis Lenihan Downing Bell

Rodwell Smallwood

Conway Palmer Rothwell

Nuttall

You broke your arm??

You’re going to have to learn to not type with your elbows then Joe.

Really think we need to rest A LOT of players after the last couple of efforts at home. 

Pretty robust and no nonsense side Lincoln, so not worth too many risks for me.

Would be a shame to go out I suppose but I’m incredibly positive about where we can go in the league so could ultimately be a blessing in disguise.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Will be a tough game this and as much a I would like to progress in the cup, I feel with the injuries we have we can't afford anymore to key players so I would field a weakened team. I'd give Bennett, Graham, Evans and Mulgrew all the night off completely to have then ready to go for Sunday.   

Leuwiler

Nyambe         Downing                 Rodwell             Hart

Tomlinson      Travis        Whittingham

Rothwell                                                                Conway

Nuttall

Subs:Fisher, Lenihan, Caddis, Bell, Dack, Smallwood, Palmer

Edited by Ewood Ace

55 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

You broke your arm??

You’re going to have to learn to not type with your elbows then Joe.

Really think we need to rest A LOT of players after the last couple of efforts at home. 

Pretty robust and no nonsense side Lincoln, so not worth too many risks for me.

Would be a shame to go out I suppose but I’m incredibly positive about where we can go in the league so could ultimately be a blessing in disguise.

I can’t even bend my left arm into a position to type you cheeky sheet. One handed typing is a blag.

Agree on resting players though. Wish my arm was as robust as Lincoln

Slightly nervous about this one. Shouldn't be taking them lightly. 

They're on a good run and on great confidence. I've been lingering around their messageboards to track how Wharton is doing (who they rate very highly) 

They have a decent team and won't fear us as they have nothing to lose. 

We need to play to our strengths and not put out a severely weakened team thinking it should be an easy game. Get that first goal and it should be easy. Otherwise it's gonna be tough. 

Wharton was only sub for them at the weekend so maybe he could turn out for us. 

Tough game this. Mogga won't rest many as he usually goes with a strong team. There's absolutely no chance Rodwell will play. Nuttall will probably start again and leave Graham fresh for BCFC. 

1-0 Rovers. Not many on.

If ROVERS is in capitals (and therefore promotion emphasis) does that not lend some credence to my previous remarks on minimal acknowledgement of the opposition? ROVERS: League Cup R2 (subtitle date and location) would have been a better title. OK I'm a wannabe control freak/micro-manager (it's how I would insist on the club promoting games as far as FL/FA rules allow) which is quite understandable taking countless things into consideration but why promote such clubs in all due respect? Yeah it seems arrogant and it's not just L2 clubs but practically anyone barring a select few major clubs. Would say the same for the Championship fixtures so far this season. If Chris Sutton was still there out of special courtesy the situation would be different (to an extent) but he isn't.

I could care less whether Lincoln has a cathedral to be honest what's that got to do with football or Rovers? I will add one fact though and that's "neither club is very popular in Shrewsbury in recent memory". ?

Attendance: More than the the 2016 LC R2 game. 

NOTE-To be pedantic it's officially the "EFL Cup" now. Nothing against Carabao but it seems pretty stupid to say "Rovers won the Worthington Cup" in 2002 at this point.

Edited by Vinjay17

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Wharton was only sub for them at the weekend so maybe he could turn out for us. 

Tough game this. Mogga won't rest many as he usually goes with a strong team. There's absolutely no chance Rodwell will play. Nuttall will probably start again and leave Graham fresh for BCFC. 

1-0 Rovers. Not many on.

I hope the club have a loan move lined up for Nuttall, he needs to go out so we can see how he does. 

I don't want to completely write him off but from the few games he has been involved in the first team I don't see him making the grade here.

Let him out on loan keep a watchful eye on his progress and have a look at him when he gets back and if he isn't up to it then I expect he will be moved on.

hmm would love to see ben brereton sign monday so could make the bench for this, 

fisher

travis     downing    williams(if fit)   bell

smallwood     davenport (if fit)

palmer          rothwell        bennett

nuttall

I couldn't care less if I tried. Get all of out major players rested for a very hard fixture at the weekend.

Leuwiler

Caddis  downing rodwell hart

Travis Tomlinson whittingham

Conway                                          rothwell

Nuttall.

Wouldn't be angry if any of the more senior pros was replaced with youths. Concentrate on the league

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

I couldn't care less if I tried. Get all of out major players rested for a very hard fixture at the weekend.

Leuwiler

Caddis  downing rodwell hart

Travis Tomlinson whittingham

Conway                                          rothwell

Nuttall.

Wouldn't be angry if any of the more senior pros was replaced with youths. Concentrate on the league

Anyone we can get in for Rothwell? ?

Ive just had a look at the squad list to check.

The most enlightening thing though is that I think THEY HAVE ACTUALLY PHOTOSHOPPED CADDIS’ HEAD ONTO A FITTER BODY

3F263ED9-9461-43AF-A2A5-289E9562ADF9.jpeg

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Anyone we can get in for Rothwell? ?

Ive just had a look at the squad list to check.

The most enlightening thing though is that I think THEY HAVE ACTUALLY PHOTOSHOPPED CADDIS’ HEAD ONTO A FITTER BODY

3F263ED9-9461-43AF-A2A5-289E9562ADF9.jpeg

Well done pal, excellent spot!