BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS vs Lincoln

5 at the back? Or 4-4-2 with Bell on the wing?

If we’d have used Coyle’s tombola machine I don’t think we could have come up with a more misfit team.

Expect Lincoln (top of L2) to win this one with some ease.

Frightening lack of quality in that team and squad but I agree with the notion of wrapping the likes of Mulgrew and Evans in cotton wool. That said, that team might do well to win.

Dont understand Reed and in particular Rodwells absence. If they have been training surely the antidote to lack of match fitness is to play them?

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Why do people keep asking about Rodwell. He hasn’t played first team football for a year.

..and anyone who pays any attention to Mowbray's updates on the squad would have known Rodwell isn't going to be playing before the break.

DltF1aRX4AEYvbm.jpg

Wouldn't go as far as to say this is "appalling." Graham, Nuttall, Rothwell, Travis, Conway, Bell, Nyambe and Raya all know what they're doing. Downing hasn't been a stranger at the back for us since his arrival - and did well when called upon.

Edited by CD_93

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Why do people keep asking about Rodwell. He hasn’t played first team football for a year.

By that logic he’ll never play first team football again, I believe he’s fit and has had a full(ish) preseason. When better to play your first game back than in the League Cup against League 2 opposition?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Reed has only just signed.
Rodwell hasn't played so much as a behind closed doors game in yonks.

Not quite true - he played a couple of pre-season games for Watford whilst on trial there this summer.

Granted, not exactly competitive games though! 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

It's the cup, who cares?

The focus should be on staying in the Championship. 

Whilst I agree with prioritising the league, hence me somewhat agreeing with the changes made by Mowbray. We shouldnt just disregard the cup, id love to progress and will be dissapointed if we dont.

I also think, especially on the assumption that the manager has quite a few millions to spend on a striker, we can aim for more than mere survival.

I mentioned Reed and Rodwell as, considering I am under the impression that both have trained throughout pre-season, surely tonight would be perfect to give them at least some game time?

Tbf Rodwell has only just walked through the door. I personally am already dubious about his signing so if he started tonight in that weak team and played poorly it wouldn't do his motivation or confidence any good. People would straight away start questioning him and righting him off. He needs a few games in the u23s first and take it from there. We could build his career back and have a solid player on our hands. Equally players as mentally fragile as he appears could be ruined and finished. Tony knows what he's doing and that's why I wouldn't personally play him

21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

5 at the back? Or 4-4-2 with Bell on the wing?

If we’d have used Coyle’s tombola machine I don’t think we could have come up with a more misfit team.

Expect Lincoln (top of L2) to win this one with some ease.

Stuart, take a chill pill old chap...

Image result for glass half empty meme

• Like 1

From the few games I have watched of Lincoln. They always play positive, attacking football. They took a few scalps last season and played with confidence. They have had a great start to the season so that confidence will still be there. We are playing a new system and formation with a back 3/5 that have never played together. I think we're in for a hard night. I don't blame Tony. I would love to progress and I always take all cups serious but I don't really know what else he could have done tonight regarding line up. Let's just enjoy watching a few of the young lads and hope for the best. Hopefully make for an entertaining game

COYB

15 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Exactly the reason why he should be involved tonight.

He can’t possibly be fit. A couple of U23 games are required first to get him up to match fitness. If that’s beneath him then he hasn’t got the right attitude. Many a better player has had to do the same.

• Like 1