BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS vs Lincoln

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Never seen him. Who does he play like in style?

Hard to say really without using an outrageous example. Playing just behind Nuttall as a second striker but energetic like Tomlinson. He’s quite short so has a low centre of gravity. Maybe Armstrong with L plates on but more busy than quick.

ish...?

Lincoln have looked defeated for the last 10 minutes and have struggled to cope with Butterworth, Palmer and Conway bombing at them. Maybe a bit easier to shine in those circumstances.

Anyone else trying to stop getting ahead of themselves. Feel something special could happen this season.

Let's go to Bristol get a positive result then use the international break to get our walking wounded back to full fitness and show our new signings what we are about.

September on paper is going to be a very tough month but these guys look like they have forgotten how to lose.Confidence is brimming.Mowbray fast becoming a legend in my eyes 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Anyone else trying to stop getting ahead of themselves. Feel something special could happen this season.

Let's go to Bristol get a positive result then use the international break to get our walking wounded back to full fitness and show our new signings what we are about.

September on paper is going to be a very tough month but these guys look like they have forgotten how to lose.Confidence is brimming.Mowbray fast becoming a legend in my eyes  

It's hard isn't it! On the one hand it looks too early in the team's development to realitically challenge this season, and yet we have this momentum...

All ambitions aside, I'm so excited to see what this team can do over the next 2, 3, 4 or more seasons. If we're being brutally honest, our current ability is probably somewhere around upper mid-table in a strong championship. What makes us different is that you can look at 5 or 6 players and think that the sky is the limit for them. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we have future England internationals playing in blue & white halves at present. When could we last say that?

• Like 4

Mowbray's putting together a really exciting young side..

Raya: 7 Nothing  to do
Nyambe: 7, Steady, absolute beast, seems to be getting better aerially too
Bell: 7,  got a bright future
Downing: 6, not the most cultured, poor distribution
Grayson: 7,  Slotted in smoothly, very calm and assured- one mistake at the end, but otherwise didn't really notice him- good sign for a defender.
Caddis: 5, Finished, looked a bit out of his depth in my opinion
Travis: 7, steady away, looked like he hurt his shoulder or elbow at the end
Rothwell: 9, is class,  love how he glides forward carrying the ball, well impressed, need to play through him more.
Conway: 6, battling qualities, kept it simple.
Nutall: 6, needs to do a bit more for me, missed a glaring header

Subs:

Palmer: 7 some crisp passing, looks confident
Tomlinson: 6, didn't have time to effect things really
Butterworth: 7.5 Dynamic little player, gets about, direct, links up play, could go on to be a decent player..

I thought we won without ever reeally getting going. I couldn't help but start thinking ahead to what our side could look like with Dack, Rothwell, Palmer, Reed, Brereton, Armstrong- Wow! That's some side Tony's put together there. We should really be looking for play-offs wth that sort of talent on the pitch!