BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS vs Lincoln

36 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

In your own time.

Not sure why this has become such a sport. But at least you got a few cheap likes. (The board values tittle tattle on a level not seen before).

Delighted to be proven wrong. Really enjoyable match. Did you go on?

The Lincoln side I was expecting didn’t turn up and what did turn up faded badly in the second half. Not Rovers best performance but it was enough. Onwards!

Bring on the dingles!

Edited by Stuart

Let's save Burnley for the FA cup we might have a cracking little side by then and they might be floundering.  Another very winnable lower league side at home will do then we can keep giving as many as possible a run out.

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Mowbray's putting together a really exciting young side..

Raya: 7 Nothing  to do
Nyambe: 7, Steady, absolute beast, seems to be getting better aerially too
Bell: 7,  got a bright future
Downing: 6, not the most cultured, poor distribution
Grayson: 7,  Slotted in smoothly, very calm and assured- one mistake at the end, but otherwise didn't really notice him- good sign for a defender.
Caddis: 5, Finished, looked a bit out of his depth in my opinion
Travis: 7, steady away, looked like he hurt his shoulder or elbow at the end
Rothwell: 9, is class,  love how he glides forward carrying the ball, well impressed, need to play through him more.
Conway: 6, battling qualities, kept it simple.
Nutall: 6, needs to do a bit more for me, missed a glaring header

Subs:

Palmer: 7 some crisp passing, looks confident
Tomlinson: 6, didn't have time to effect things really
Butterworth: 7.5 Dynamic little player, gets about, direct, links up play, could go on to be a decent player..

I thought we won without ever reeally getting going. I couldn't help but start thinking ahead to what our side could look like with Dack, Rothwell, Palmer, Reed, Brereton, Armstrong- Wow! That's some side Tony's put together there. We should really be looking for play-offs wth that sort of talent on the pitch!

Well, my opinion on Caddis slightly differs to yours tonight. I thought he was class out wide, showed his experience and provided a class assist for Downing. It was between him and Rothwell for MOTM for me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Let's save Burnley for the FA cup we might have a cracking little side by then and they might be floundering.  Another very winnable lower league side at home will do then we can keep giving as many as possible a run out.

There's not many lower league teams left in it tbf just a few stragglers. 

As much as this competition gets criticism its still a good chance to test fringe players out and also keep that winning momentum going. 

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

There's not many lower league teams left in it tbf just a few stragglers. 

As much as this competition gets criticism its still a good chance to test fringe players out and also keep that winning momentum going. 

I've always enjoyed these type of games like you say it gives them a chance although a lot don't always look like they can be arsed with that chance but there's a different spirit now.

Can't complain watching a game like that for 12 quid or whatever.

Nice to see Palmer on the scoresheet again 3 goals now. 

Nice to see the team pick up another win have to say our performances and results since Dack has been out have been impressive. Hopefully have him back for Sunday though

Look to have very good attacking options with everyone fit, a pacey wide man and id be totally happy and being greedy a centre back.But if the window was to shut now I still think we would have had an excellent window 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Butterworth is looking very good at the minute.

What was impressive Stuart it that both Butterworth and Tomlinson put in a 90 minute shift at Leicester last night and had a huge amount of work to do in that game.  Fitness levels are very impressive throughout the club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

IFollow have been pretty positive about Caddis, while putting him in the frame for their goal

I thought Caddis improved as the game went on and in the second half did extremely well, making the third goal with an intelligent piece of play and a clever pull back.

• Like 4

Re. Caddis - do I want him in the starting 11? No. Did today show that having him as a reserve right back as insurance against an injury crisis might not be the catastrophe some have made it out to be (myself included)? Actually probably yes. He surprised me and had a genuinely decent game, albeit against lower league opposition.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Re. Caddis - do I want him in the starting 11? No. Did today show that having him as a reserve right back as insurance against an injury crisis might not be the catastrophe some have made it out to be (myself included)? Actually probably yes. He surprised me and had a genuinely decent game, albeit against lower league opposition.

Maybe he was in the loan shop window ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I thought Caddis improved as the game went on and in the second half did extremely well, making the third goal with an intelligent piece of play and a clever pull back.

Trouble is we were playing league 2 reserves, and he's taking a squad place and wage  of someone who is capable of playing at championship level. 

Well for as poor, slow and bad as we were for most of the first half, they were in complete control, creative and professional second.

Mowbray seemed to send them out after only 10 mins of half time... and it showed.

But still, 5-3-2 (it's never 3-5-2) is only the answer if the question is "which formation should we R.I.P forever?)

Second half, credit where it is due.

Well I enjoyed that. Wasn't the Lincoln team I was expecting but as the saying goes, can only beat what is in front of you.

I was struggling to decide a man of the match. Conway put alot of effort in and lead by captains example, nyambe was excellent. He has become Mr consistent this season. He covered well and won everything but step forward Lewis Travis. He was absolutely fantastic today. What an engine that boys got . Never stopped running, he's dogged and aggressive (in the right way, bar Portsmouth) and wins tackles, drives forward and got an assist. Superb performance from him. 

Downing was steady as was young Grayson who had a comfortable night and was never put under any real pressure but did his job simply and well.

Bell put another good performance in particularly going forward. Caddis was sloppy in the first half , giving the ball away far to many times but had a very good second half.

Palmer is a funny one I think I'm going to love and hate in equal measure. He's like the roughest diamond I have seen. There Is genuinely a top class premier league talent in their. He delights and frustrates in equal measure. Top class free kick and has improved since the very start of the season so hopefully his positives will outweigh the over playing and  defensive naivety.

Graham did what Graham does and took his goal well, solid performance.

And finally. Butterworth was awesome when he came on. Enthusiasm, confidence, drive, determination, link up play. What a cameo that was. He's an exciting prospect and everything that nuttall isn't. He is appalling. Apart from that awful header he missed it's everything else with him. He doesn't look like he believes in himself. There is no spark to his play contrast that to Butterworths performance, that's what nuttall should be all about, especially when he is on the bench trying to get in the team. Nuttall has shown time and again he isn't up to it. Ship him off to non league where he belongs. Give Butterworth his place on the bench. I saw more in 15 minutes out that lad than I have ever seen from nuttall at any level whether it be first team or youth.

I agree with the people saying there is a buzz around ewood. I feel like when Dunn, Jansen, Duff and co where playing like something is building. Belief , momentum and that black cloud that has hung over ewood is finally heading back over towards turd more. Well done Tony . Onwards and upwards

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well I enjoyed that. Wasn't the Lincoln team I was expecting but as the saying goes, can only beat what is in front of you.

I was struggling to decide a man of the match. Conway put alot of effort in and lead by captains example, nyambe was excellent. He has become Mr consistent this season. He covered well and won everything but step forward Lewis Travis. He was absolutely fantastic today. What an engine that boys got . Never stopped running, he's dogged and aggressive (in the right way, bar Portsmouth) and wins tackles, drives forward and got an assist. Superb performance from him. 

Downing was steady as was young Grayson who had a comfortable night and was never put under any real pressure but did his job simply and well.

Bell put another good performance in particularly going forward. Caddis was sloppy in the first half , giving the ball away far to many times but had a very good second half.

Palmer is a funny one I think I'm going to love and hate in equal measure. He's like the roughest diamond I have seen. There Is genuinely a top class premier league talent in their. He delights and frustrates in equal measure. Top class free kick and has improved since the very start of the season so hopefully his positives will outweigh the over playing and  defensive naivety.

And finally. Butterworth was awesome when he came on. Enthusiasm, confidence, drive, determination, link up play. What a cameo that was. He's an exciting prospect and everything that nuttall isn't. He is appalling. Apart from that awful header he missed it's everything else with him. He doesn't look like he believes in himself. There is no spark to his play contrast that to Butterworths performance, that's what nuttall should be all about, especially when he is on the bench trying to get in the team. Nuttall has shown time and again he isn't up to it. Ship him off to non league where he belongs. Give Butterworth his place on the bench. I saw more in 15 minutes out that lad than I have ever seen from nuttall at any level whether it be first team or youth.

I agree with the people saying there is a buzz around ewood. I feel like when Dunn, Jansen, Duff and co where playing like something is building. Belief , momentum and that black cloud that has hung over ewood is finally heading back over towards turd more. Well done Tony . Onwards and upwards

Nuttall scored Butterworth didn't. Surely a striker is all about scoring goals, not running channels, link up play and holding it up? ;)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do people think Grayson and Butterworth are developing the right way? 

Could both break into the 1st team squad over the next couple of years? 

to me, yes and yes. I have seen both and like the look of Danny Butterworth. actually think Platt, Wharton are ahead of Grayson.

There are a few more who could break through if handled with care. Simmonds, Hardcastle, Mols also catch the eye. Then there's Buckley, Evans, Carter etc. Looks a good crop.

45 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

to me, yes and yes. I have seen both and like the look of Danny Butterworth. actually think Platt, Wharton are ahead of Grayson.

There are a few more who could break through if handled with care. Simmonds, Hardcastle, Mols also catch the eye. Then there's Buckley, Evans, Carter etc. Looks a good crop.

Thanks for reply. 

Wasnt there last night so cant comment. 

Can you explain what was so pleasing about their performances please? Thanks

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Good post although I’d say that’s an extremely harsh summary of Nuttall. Not even any credit for scoring the opener. He actually showed some good spells last night but like Caddis he had a lot of minuses. Non-league? Come on...

I agree about Palmer though. He appears to have quick feet but there are times when the ball gets stuck under them and he looks very ungainly in trying to get the ball back under control. Some of his decision making also leaves a lot to be desired.

Lewis is a good shout for MoM but I’d have given it to Conway personally. Did we actually award one on the night?

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1