BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harrison Reed

11 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Think he'd potentially be a very astute signing for a lower-half top flight club. Even so, I'd expect in the end that he'll have to settle for a Championship club. It's good that it looks like he's enjoying it here, beause next time they'll be queueing up for him.

Like Southampton perhaps?

• Like 1

Unfortunately for Reed if he wants to make a successful career for himself in either the Premier League or Championship he needs to realise he might need to move away from 'Down South' at some stage. If he turns down potential transfers because he's reluctant to move around the country he's never going to get very far. In this day and age players move where they need to in order to thrive on the pitch and get contracts, it's part of the game. Hundreds of players have moved from around the world to the NW of England. If a potential deal makes footballing and financial sense he would be foolish to turn that down so he could remain living somewhere in the South.

If Reed doesn't want to end up another Todd Kane then he needs to be moving in the summer. I think Southampton will stay up and I can't see he getting much of a look in under the new manager. It may well be his dream to play Premier League but he wouldn't be the first who has needed to take a step down in order to take that step back up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Word for word, from Mowbray:

"He's a Southampton player - he wants to play in the Premier League. He's got a new manager who hasn't really seen him yet, so... them sort of decisions will get made in summer-time, I think. We will be an option for Reedy, but at the same time he's a young guy who wants to play in the Premier League, and he's out getting experience and, so, I think it's really difficult for him and his family or his advisers to commit to Blackburn Rovers when they don't need to. He should just enjoy his football, try to help us have a successful season, and then we all assess - after he's spoken to his club manager and sees where he's going to be through pre-season - and then those sort of decisions can be made, I think."

There was also a post-match interview with Reed whereby he mentioned "not being able to get home much". In his world, it sounds like darn sarf is where he wants to be, and although he's been superb for us on the pitch, it sounds as though the sacrifices of not being home are more difficult for him than most other players.

The impression given by Mowbray is that it's financially on the cards from our point of view ("Rovers are an option for him"), but persuading Reed on a personal level might be a high hurdle.

Cheers.

He'll be begging us when we get promoted at Wembley.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If Reed doesn't want to end up another Todd Kane then he needs to be moving in the summer. I think Southampton will stay up and I can't see he getting much of a look in under the new manager. It may well be his dream to play Premier League but he wouldn't be the first who has needed to take a step down in order to take that step back up.

Think thats a little unfair. Reed has fair more ability than Kane and Kane was at a far bigger club. Southampton do have the likes of Romeu, Hojberg and Ward-Prowse but its hardly Todd Kane trying to dislodge Azpilacueta and Reed could push amongst that lot following another successful loan spell, with his high energy style suiting Hassenhuttls style, a manager who seems keen to blood graduates.

Even here, hes rarely played in his favourite position.

4 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Word for word, from Mowbray:

"He's a Southampton player - he wants to play in the Premier League. He's got a new manager who hasn't really seen him yet, so... them sort of decisions will get made in summer-time, I think. We will be an option for Reedy, but at the same time he's a young guy who wants to play in the Premier League, and he's out getting experience and, so, I think it's really difficult for him and his family or his advisers to commit to Blackburn Rovers when they don't need to. He should just enjoy his football, try to help us have a successful season, and then we all assess - after he's spoken to his club manager and sees where he's going to be through pre-season - and then those sort of decisions can be made, I think."

There was also a post-match interview with Reed whereby he mentioned "not being able to get home much". In his world, it sounds like darn sarf is where he wants to be, and although he's been superb for us on the pitch, it sounds as though the sacrifices of not being home are more difficult for him than most other players.

The impression given by Mowbray is that it's financially on the cards from our point of view ("Rovers are an option for him"), but persuading Reed on a personal level might be a high hurdle.

If we're assuming that down south is somewhere in the Southampton, Hampshire area, then his options for commuting might be limited. London clubs, Reading and probably Bristol City in the championship. Maybe pompey too, but can't see that happening!

If the lad gets his chance at the Saints, then fair play, but if he gets the green light to leave, I can see us being at the front of the queue of any second tier clubs that are in for him.