BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That makes more sense but we better have some grafters in midfield to get the ball for them.

Evans and Smallwood. But I forgot about Mogga's golden '2 and a half' attackers rule so Bennett will take one of the three positions behind the striker. It's great to have quality options though for the first time in forever. Rothwell, Reed and Palmer to add to the mix too. It's going to be an interesting season at least. 

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

From what I've seen he doesn't play " up top ". He likes to play out on the flanks.

You've seen a lot of him I presume?

Tony likes a versatile player, with the ability to interchange. I imagine he will be utilised right across the front line, including as the focal point. 

• Like 2

Well on the whole it seems Forest fans are sad to see him go, just a few bitter swipes at him on Twitter. 

At the end of the day nobody on here knows too much about him, even the Google and Wikipedia wizards that claim to know about everyone ?so no point saying they do. 

Tony obviously thinks he's a bit special though so I'll go with his judgement 

3 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

You've seen a lot of him I presume?

Tony likes a versatile player, with the ability to interchange. I imagine he will be utilised right across the front line, including as the focal point. 

I've seen what you've seen. A lad who likes to pick the ball up out wide and come inside. Maybe you've seen something different to me.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've seen what you've seen. A lad who likes to pick the ball up out wide and come inside. Maybe you've seen something different to me.

To be fair we saw a cheap highlight real. The folk that make them dont put in him holding off a centre half with his back to goal and laying it off nicely. Its not very rock n roll and down with the kids.

Maybe he doesnt do that, maybe he does. Not sure a naff youtube video proves anything either way.

Like all young players with a bit of pace, they find there way out wide early in their careers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You misunderstand. 'Likes' to play on the flanks, and 'likes' to pick up the ball out wide is conjecture. I know Forest played him in a wider role in the senior side. Like any good player, he fulfilled the role. I've not read anything indicating where he himself likes to play. 

Regardless, I don't necessarily see our CF being a static position, just that that quartet would be very sharp on the eye when utilised. It doesn't need to be the same players every game. I imagine Tony has a plan for the boy. 

2 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

To be fair we saw a cheap highlight real. The folk that make them dont put in him holding off a centre half with his back to goal and laying it off nicely. Its not very rock n roll and down with the kids.

Maybe he doesnt do that, maybe he does. Not sure a naff youtube video proves anything either way.

Like all young players with a bit of pace, they find there way out wide early in their careers

I don't think I've seen a highlight reel yet that shows a player letting a throw in go under their foot or going for a header were it hits them on their ear. Highlights are normally the good bits.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think I've seen a highlight reel yet that shows a player letting a throw in go under their foot or going for a header were it hits them on their ear. 

www.youtube.com/jasonlowe2016-17.html

• Like 1

One thing Id definitely say is that I am excited to see how he gets on, and it feels like a statement of intent.

There are definitely questions to be asked and concerns lingering. His goal record is very underwhelming, there are questions from Forest fans about his hold up play which is a concern and he was well down the pecking order at Forest.

But theres also a degree of excitement in bringing a player highly rated in for money we didnt expect at the start of the summer and we are stronger going forward with him than without him.

Another key thing, lets not write off Danny Graham just yet! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing Id definitely say is that I am excited to see how he gets on, and it feels like a statement of intent.

There are definitely questions to be asked and concerns lingering. His goal record is very underwhelming, there are questions from Forest fans about his hold up play which is a concern and he was well down the pecking order at Forest.

But theres also a degree of excitement in bringing a player highly rated in for money we didnt expect at the start of the summer and we are stronger going forward with him than without him.

Another key thing, lets not write off Danny Graham just yet! 

Pretty much sums it up for me. Good luck Ben! If you deliver like we hope, you'll be a terrific signing.

Agree with others that an early goal would do him the world of good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Start out with Big Ben up front on his own and we'll be setting him up to fail. That's not his position at the moment. He hasn't got the tools to play with his back to goal. In the future, maybe , who knows ?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him, but I do remember seeing him in Forest’s FA Cup victory over Arsenal. In that game he played up front on his own - holding the ball up really well allowing Forest to get out and counter-attack. He was tall, strong, quick and gave the Arsenal centre-backs a torrid time. 

Now, obviously that was just one game and sometimes it’s easier to raise your game against ‘big’ opposition, so there is a question mark as to whether he can fulfill that role week in week out, but I think it’s a bit disingenuous to say categorically that he can’t play that role - especially when you acknowledge that you haven’t really seen him play at all!

• Like 2

Absolutely vital signing which with Armstrong also at the Club will hopefully take a lot of the strain off Graham and allow us to use him sparingly if required.

Credit must go to the owners for sanctioning a £7m fee. I still think we must have had a rethink towards the end of the permanent window as at one point when no-one had arrived TM was complaining about players we were in for suddenly going for £7m then shortly after we start making offers around that sort of level.

Good luck Ben.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely vital signing which with Armstrong also at the Club will hopefully take a lot of the strain off Graham and allow us to use him sparingly if required.

Credit must go to the owners for sanctioning a £7m fee. I still think we must have had a rethink towards the end of the permanent window as at one point when no-one had arrived TM was complaining about players we were in for suddenly going for £7m then shortly after we start making offers around that sort of level.

Good luck Ben.

Nice touch Rev. You always said this transfer would happen so it’s good to see you’ve been proven right. Yet another poster with their finger on the pulse. ?

• Like 2

It seems a strange injection of cash this window. I briefly mentioned a couple of months ago that I heard rumours of Arab investment in the club (not a sale of the club, just friends/associates of the Raos who were putting money in this summer) has anyone else heard similar?  

Edited by Pedro

Delighted with this transfer window. All our key players signed up which highlights how positive and together they are. Throw into the mix our signings and we are finally heading in the right direction.

Hopefully a few hundred more get themselves down ewood. The players and manager deserve it.

• Like 1