BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

First post on the signing.

Well I had never heard of him before deadline and thought that Brereton sounded like somebody with a speach impediment was trying to say bre-bre-emerton.

Excited to see how this unfolds but TM sees something he feels is worth that money and will be a good investment for the club in terms of resale down the line.

I agree there should not be too much pressure as I am sure he will be sharing the lone front role with Graham and hopefully learning off him while DG is here. Eventually he will be the main man up top I imagine - he is still so young afterall.

On a side note, we certainly got our A and B list strikers - AA and BB

Glad we didnt have to go to the C list as Carlton Cole out of retirement would have sent this board into meltdown.

• Like 5

Disagree about the pressure. This lad is under pressure to become a £10m-plus future sale or fire us to promotion.

It comes with the territory because of his price tag. Hopefully he thrives on that pressure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

Forest fans don't seem happy about the way he's left the club. Thanked his agency but not the club who took a chance on him. 

Im still pissed Shearer never thanked us on twitter when he left for Newcastle. ?

What a load of shite, people need to get a grip.

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Still can't help but feel uneasy about this one. It's a big fee (for us) and feels a sort of eggs in on basket type situation. I hope TM gets this one right. 

I have no idea why uneasy at all..

Hes a great talent and IMO we only get better just like Dack and Armstrong. 

Mowbray builting a very good team which is British apart from 2 people. Great team spirit and we are going places under Mowbray. Great feeling and buzz around the club. 

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray builting a very good team which is British apart from 2 people. Great team spirit and we are going places under Mowbray. Great feeling and buzz around the club. 

I think people are uneasy given the fee. He's not been playing first team football that long and a side in our league have been comfortable enough to let him go. There is a huge question mark over this one, many supporters have never seen him play or know anything about him. Obviously we won't find out until he's playing regularly for us but I can't help but think Armstrong could end up being better value. Just feel it brings a weight of expectation on both the manager and the player too... Hope it pays off. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Neal said:

Forest fans don't seem happy about the way he's left the club. Thanked his agency but not the club who took a chance on him. 

Think he is not happy that he was hawked around behind his back - allegedly of course. Initially was shocked on deadline day about moving apparently. Young lad, so a quickfire move like that is always going to shock a bit. Pack ya bags you going to Blackburn!

Edited by JacknOry

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Neal said:

Probably as it's only a loan initially I reckon. In January, if he doesn't thank NFFC, then they'll probably have a point, to be fair....

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/mowbrays-delight-at-brereton-deal/

Wise words from Mogga/Jagger about not burdening him with the beast of burden.

Also:-

I see raw talent," said the manager to iFollow Rovers following the 4-1 victory over the Imps.
"He's six foot three, he can travel with the ball, he can dribble, he can power past people, he can run without it, he can create, he can cross, he can shoot, he can affect football matches"

That's what he looks like on those YouTube clips. Not really a finisher (yet) but he can do things no-one else at the club can since Chapman left. 

Edited by blueboy3333

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/mowbrays-delight-at-brereton-deal/

Wise words from Mogga/Jagger about not burdening him with the beast of burden.

Also:-

I see raw talent," said the manager to iFollow Rovers following the 4-1 victory over the Imps.
"He's six foot three, he can travel with the ball, he can dribble, he can power past people, he can run without it, he can create, he can cross, he can shoot, he can affect football matches"

That's what he looks like on those YouTube clips. Not really a finisher (yet) but he can do things no-one else at the club can since Chapman left. 

6.3"??? I thought he was only 6ft. Is he right about that? 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Probably as it's only a loan initially I reckon. In January, if he doesn't thank NFFC, then they'll probably have a point, to be fair....

I have read a lot of Forest fans say he got boo'ed a lot. They said he was boo'ed if he took a shot and missed and was boo'ed if he passed it. Apparently they expected him to be Mbappe after his debut. 

1 hour ago, unsall said:

He is right,shook his hand last night and welcomed him to the club,I’m 6ft and he towered above me,6.3 about right and he also seemed a nice guy,good signing.

Wow, that's good then. To be as quick as he is at that size should be pretty useful. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not sure why being British is relevant.  Should we be looking to offload the 2 "foreigners" after March 2019? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Wow, that's good then. To be as quick as he is at that size should be pretty useful. 

Didn't realise he was as big as that.  If he's got a bit of devilment about him, could well be the player for that lone role if he develops. 

In terms of the fee, it's a lot based on our recent history.  In context of the division, it's about right for a better than average champ player these days. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

36 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Not sure why being British is relevant.  Should we be looking to offload the 2 "foreigners" after March 2019? 

I think it is relevant. As I mentioned on another thread, Garry Flitcroft claimed that the best team spirit he ever played in was the 2000/01 squad - which was due to having a strong core of British players. You don't get your little groups of French/Portuguese/Spanish speaking players just forming little clicks. Nothing wrong with having foreign players - but I'd suggest a heavily British core of players helps the team spirit and reduces the chances of clicks forming.

• Like 1

Just now, LeftWinger said:

I think it is relevant. As I mentioned on another thread, Garry Flitcroft claimed that the best team spirit he ever played in was the 2000/01 squad - which was due to having a strong core of British players. You don't get your little groups of French/Portuguese/Spanish speaking players just forming little clicks. Nothing wrong with having foreign players - but I'd suggest a heavily British core of players helps the team spirit and reduces the chances of clicks forming.

Cliques form at any place of work. Nationality is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Cliques form at any place of work. Nationality is irrelevant. 

But you hear of it far more at football clubs with a large contingent of players from one country or who speak one language.

There seems to be a real team spirit at the moment, and I think it helps having a mainly British group.