BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, DE. said:

As far as Venky's are concerned I'm ready for anything. I'm not going to say it's a done deal until the money is sent over. I expect it to be, but until it actually is it's still an if. 

I said I assumed it was Mowbray's call.

The contracts have been signed. Cant see any loopholes in it. 

Who else call would it have been?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whoever coaches the Young England team must have thought he was match fit last week.

Didnt only come off the bench in one game out of 2. Paul Simpson and Keith Downing are the coaches. 

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I said elsewhere he's a bit like Kevin Davies was for Bolton. We play a similar way under Mowbray and Graham is the focal point. What always makes me chuckle is that just before the ball gets to him he does a tiny push in the small of the defenders back (always on the blind side of the ref) and then just casually nods it to a Rovers player. He doesn't even have to jump. Genius!

He’s one of the best I’ve seen in recent memory at the “lean” imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Completely agree about Graham and Mulgrew. Serious Indian summers going on there. You sum up Grahams contribution perfectly. I would add that Mulgrew is our quarter back, I can't imagine not having a ball playing center half now. In the form he is in, I reckon he could be playing in the Premiership. Nod to some of his wing play against Villa, sublime. Didn't look the most graceful, but Jesus he got the job done on 2 occasions big style. Bet his man well and whipped in great deliveries, one of which we scored from of course. 

Agree totally. Think they are underrated as silly as that sounds. I also think Mulgrews defensive capabilities are somewhat underappreciated due to his style.

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I agree, but I think Dack can be equally as dangerous threading through and encouraging a bit of tiki taka as he did in the League Cup. I was a little frustrated in the first half vs. Villa at Danny not dropping off the shoulder looking to be played through or dragging the defence around to create space for Armstrong and Dack. His hold up play second half, when things got a bit more industrial, was class of course.

Both tactics can be effective when we have someone with that quality in the No.10 role - tonight I'm looking forward to seeing us try Armstrong again or even Brereton up top. DG can help us close out the 3-0 after 60 mins.

I think with Graham, his brilliant partnership with Dack is something that we lack when one is not in the team. They show how intelligent they are at times when they play together. The younger Armstrong and Brereton should watch and learn. That said, Armstrong himself linked very well with them last season coming from wide positions and exploiting space.

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The contracts have been signed. Cant see any loopholes in it. 

Who else call would it have been?

Tbf you haven't seen the contracts, so there's no way you can say if there's loopholes or not :lol: 

Last time we splashed out £8m it was at the behest of Shebby, was it not? Granted he's not here this time but who's to say they haven't had intel from one of their "advisers" telling them Brereton is the next big thing? The bid for him seemed to come out of nowhere on deadline day. 

As I said, my assumption is that he was Mowbray's target but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that he was identified by other sources. 

• Like 5

I really hope BB gets a goal or starts to find some form soon. I'm trusting Mowbray has done his due diligence.

We're not at a point where we can spend £7m on 'potential'. He's got to have an big impact this season, otherwise questions will rightly be asked.

If BB is going to be played out wide, I wonder how much Harry Chapman would have cost to buy?

44 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Very early days for Ben. It can't be easy for a nineteen year old making a move in any circumstances. My initial assessment of him is that he looks to be more of a Shearer than a Ripley

A Brereton, rather than a  Brotherston.

My initial assessment of him is that he's light years away from being either a Shearer or a Ripley!

We have to hope that he gets as close to a Shearer as possible because he will never be a Ripley.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agree totally. Think they are underrated as silly as that sounds. I also think Mulgrews defensive capabilities are somewhat underappreciated due to his style.

I think with Graham, his brilliant partnership with Dack is something that we lack when one is not in the team. They show how intelligent they are at times when they play together. The younger Armstrong and Brereton should watch and learn. That said, Armstrong himself linked very well with them last season coming from wide positions and exploiting space.

I had my doubts about him in the Championship, but defensively he has been immense. Great in the air and reads the game really well. He is making Lenihan look like quite an ordinary center half. I had really high hopes for Lenihan this season. He is a great tackler, very aggressive and i like that, but I would describe him as a 2018 Ford Focus to Mulgrews 1970 Cadillac Deville

Lenihan does all the rough stuff and the marking. He's there to give the striker a rough time. Mulgrew invariably has a free role and no marking duties as most teams only play 1 up front. Comparisons between the two are pretty meaningless. If the swapped roles it would be a different story. 

They complement each other very well.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Lenihan does all the rough stuff and the marking. He's there to give the striker a rough time. Mulgrew invariably has a free role and no marking duties as most teams only play 1 up front. Comparisons between the two are pretty meaningless. If the swapped roles it would be a different story. 

They complement each other very well.

Ya,true. Maybe I am being overly critical of Lenihan. He does indeed do what you say, meaning Mulgrew looks like the classy one on the ball the whole time. I just think there aren't many centre halves who are as good on the ball in the Championship as Mulgrew, so I suppose Lenihan would always look less classy in that regard, by comparison. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Tbf you haven't seen the contracts, so there's no way you can say if there's loopholes or not :lol: 

Last time we splashed out £8m it was at the behest of Shebby, was it not? Granted he's not here this time but who's to say they haven't had intel from one of their "advisers" telling them Brereton is the next big thing? The bid for him seemed to come out of nowhere on deadline day. 

As I said, my assumption is that he was Mowbray's target but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that he was identified by other sources. 

Mm, I wouldn't be surprised. It was a totally out of character signing.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

it was Glen Mullan and the action group who recommend Rhodes after a meeting with Shebby after Best got injured. 

what advisers and do you really think Mowbray would sign someone he didn't want. Brereton was being offered around to other clubs by Forest the day before the deadline. 

Identified by other sources? what other sources? I knew about him 18 months/2 years ago so I'm surely Mowbray would have know about him. We do have a scouting department these days

Mm, I wouldn't be surprised. It was a totally out of character signing.

how was it out of character when we signed young players like Davenport, Rothwell, Armstrong, Reed, Palmer

Well we'll see. What was that supporter called who recommended Rhodes to the Chicken Chokers ? 

Glen Mullan and the action group

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

it was Glen Mullan and the action group who recommend Rhodes after a meeting with Shebby after Best got injured. 

what advisers and do you really think Mowbray would sign someone he didn't want. Brereton was being offered around to other clubs by Forest the day before the deadline. 

Identified by other sources? what other sources? I knew about him 18 months/2 years ago so I'm surely Mowbray would have know about him. We do have a scouting department these days

how was it out of character when we signed young players like Davenport, Rothwell, Armstrong, Reed, Palmer

Glen Mullan and the action group

How much did those 5 cost to sign in total  Chaddy ? Then all of a sudden we've got £6 million to spend on somebody only you had heard of on here.  Call me a cynic but something doesn't add up there.

Glen Mullan and the action group ?  Sounds like a 60 's Soul Band.  Did they vote on who they put forward or was it an executive decision on Glen's part ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How much did those 5 cost to sign in total  Chaddy ? Then all of a sudden we've got £6 million to spend on somebody only you had heard of on here.  Call me a cynic but something doesn't add up there.

Glen Mullan and the action group ?  Sounds like a 60 's Soul Band.  Did they vote on who they put forward or was it an executive decision on Glen's part ?

I think the point is that Brereton is young and British, like players Mowbray has signed already. He just happens to cost more. Now if we had have signed some Portuguese kid for £7 million, I would be getting a bit suspicious myself ...

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not only Chaddy, Brereton is a highly rated young player hence the transfer fee. 

It was a Mowbray signing.

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would call you a cynic if you would want. 

Mowbray has fully explained about the money and he had it all season. If you dont believe Mowbray then fine but he has open and honest from day 1 of joining our club. I would ask you why? Personally I think you are over thinking it and not looking logical into it. 

Plenty of Rovers fans have heard of him. He been in Forest 1st squad for 18 months before coming here plus played against us at Forest when we won 1 nil through a Hoban goal. 

You need to ask Glen those questions

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Going to get his first goal tonight, well at least I hope he is 

Didn’t get on and ineligible for Saturday. Can’t imagine he’s loving swapping getting splinters in his arse from one bench for another thus far. 

Edit: my bad, it’s Stoke up next before Forest.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Didn’t get on and ineligible for Saturday. Can’t imagine he’s loving swapping getting splinters in his arse from one bench for another thus far. 

Blimey he's only been here for three games. And why is he ineligible to play against Stoke?

Edited by Ewood Ace