BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

The fans won't get on Brereton's back?Maybe not the majority but surely you see yourself some fans get into their head about a player and that's it,Look at Nyambe you changed your viewpoint about him but some fans still think he is crap and specifically targetted in matches and if any goal goes in its Nyambe's fault, that isnt just jal either.

Not blowing my own trumpet but i always saw the potential in Nyambe and backed him to get better and il back  my judgement on Brererton too.

Most forest fans were gutted he left and the majority of them said he always performed better when played up front.A couple have already suggested he is a bad signing when he hasn't even been given a proper run up front

I think that the majority of supporters have similar viewpoints to you on Nyambe. I gave examples, especially Evans who people rate after people have previously said he is not up to it, after a series of good performances. And never have they at the ground, only on an internet messageboard.

Im not saying he will be a bad signing, and im not convinced that many if any are righting him off, just expressing concerns.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My problem is when fans slate players without constructive reasoning. So I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with me about 

I would agree, my main issue is with the phrase "dont judge him yet" which is meaningless. 

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think that the majority of supporters have similar viewpoints to you on Nyambe. I gave examples, especially Evans who people rate after people have previously said he is not up to it, after a series of good performances. And never have they at the ground, only on an internet messageboard.

Im not saying he will be a bad signing, and im not convinced that many if any are righting him off, just expressing concerns.

I would agree, my main issue is with the phrase "dont judge him yet" which is meaningless. 

Why is the phrase don't judge him yet meaningless?Of course there are factors at play where he can't be judged one way or the other quite yet.

The fact that he is clearly lacking match sharpness. Like Tyrone said moving away from friends and family will take some adjustment just because he cost a few quid doesnt mean that won't take some adjustment and time to get settled like it probably would for any 19 year old.

On Nyambe i sit close to 3 lads in their late twenties to early thirties and if he misplaces a pass he gets dogs abuse and one of them in paticular screams that he is useless and can't do anything at every opportunity. 

Just now, islander200 said:

Why is the phrase don't judge him yet meaningless?Of course there are factors at play where he can't be judged one way or the other quite yet.

The fact that he is clearly lacking match sharpness. Like Tyrone said moving away from friends and family will take some adjustment just because he cost a few quid doesnt mean that won't take some adjustment and time to get settled like it probably would for any 19 year old.

On Nyambe i sit close to 3 lads in their late twenties to early thirties and if he misplaces a pass he gets dogs abuse and one of them in paticular screams that he is useless and can't do anything at every opportunity. 

I agree that overall judgements on him shouldnt be made. Writing him off totally, or saying he will definitely be a success. Obviously we have nowhere near enough evidence to make a final critique.

My point is more that judgements on individual games can and will be made. He was crap v Villa and theres nothing wrong with saying so. As long as that isnt de-contextualised into an overall judgement.

There are a lot of things to potentially be optimistic about regarding Brereton, and also plenty of things to be concerned about. We will see in time how they play out.

I personally havent seen anyone like that but fair enough if you have.

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Earier on someone called Brererton an academy player, he has been involved in 50+ games in the Championship.Im sorry you don't play 

Eh? I thought we had already established that he's played in 38 Championship games for Forest and started 15 of them? Where's 50 come from?

You've sent just about every other post on this thread---I'm wondering if you're his Dad! :lol:

Edited by 47er

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Eh? I thought we had already established that he's played in 38 Championship games for Forest and started 15 of them? Where's 50 come from?

You've sent just about every other post on this thread---I'm wondering if you're his Dad! :lol:

The previous season he made 18 appearances so its actually over 50

Not his Dad no or any relation just know a player when i see one

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

The previous season he made 18 appearances so its actually over 50

Not his Dad no or any relation just know a player when i see one

How refreshing to come across someone who has absolute certainty over an issue. Very Rees-Mogg!

The rest of us will just have to be satisfied with our opinions based on what we see.

Just now, 47er said:

How refreshing to come across someone who has absolute certainty over an issue. Very Rees-Mogg!

The rest of us will just have to be satisfied with our opinions based on what we see.

Which is less than an hour so far for the people who hadn't heard of him prior to being linked.

My whole point is calling him a bad signing or doesnt look a good player from that is not valid in my opinion.

I have no issue with someone saying he had a poor game, or he hasn't had the most impressive of starts although iv seen enough with my own eyes to believe he has massive potential  and will add something to this group

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I have no issue with someone saying he had a poor game, or he hasn't had the most impressive of starts 

That's all anybody is saying. Nobody has written him off. Night night!:closedeyes:

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Early days yet, but what do people make of Brereton so far? The ones who have seen each appearance (I haven't).

Seen him v Bristol City, Villa and Stoke. Very difficult to judge based on the circumstances in each of his cameos so very much as in the dark as when we signed him. But loves throwing himself over. Never a winger in a million years. And seemed slower than expected but hope and presume thats a lack of match fitness. Cant see him starting soon with Grahams form.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seen him v Bristol City, Villa and Stoke. Very difficult to judge based on the circumstances in each of his cameos so very much as in the dark as when we signed him. But loves throwing himself over. Never a winger in a million years. And seemed slower than expected but hope and presume thats a lack of match fitness. Cant see him starting soon with Grahams form.

I think you can attribute Graham’s form to having competition personally. Another example of what he offers yesterday.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biz said:

I think you can attribute Graham’s form to having competition personally. Another example of what he offers yesterday.

I think that is doing him a slight disservice in that in the second half of last season he had no quality competition yet was superb.

Hes been our best player for me this season, just over Evans and obviously, Dack.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Early days yet, but what do people make of Brereton so far? The ones who have seen each appearance (I haven't).

Far too early to judge. His appearance at Bristol City was non exist as most players went missing second half. No service to him. 

Villa appearence was asked to play wide and did it ok but not his position. 

Stoke Appearance was a cameo at best. Asked to close down and chase. Had a chance of 1 on 1 with keeper if Rothwell's through ball had been better and reach him..

A player lacking match fitness, sharpness and confident. But under Mowbray im sure he will come good and develop into a very good player for us. 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2018 at 22:24, chaddyrovers said:

Far too early to judge. His appearance at Bristol City was non exist as most players went missing second half. No service to him. 

Villa appearence was asked to play wide and did it ok but not his position. 

Stoke Appearance was a cameo at best. Asked to close down and chase. Had a chance of 1 on 1 with keeper if Rothwell's through ball had been better and reach him..

A player lacking match fitness, sharpness and confident. But under Mowbray im sure he will come good and develop into a very good player for us. 

image.jpeg.497569ec28e15caa03def5c86bdd0eac.jpeg

For Mr Cautious Tony Mowbray who's very careful not to try and create any extra pressure on himself it was a big stab in the dark signing this lad right now for that money.

Wonder who was advising on it ?  Did he push the boat out or was it some sort of panic buy ?

Edited by tomphil

The way we chased him for weeks and weeks and the price we paid, I thought he was some wunderkind.

I honestly can't see what TM sees in him. Would a kid from our under-23's have done any worse?

OK, he's had limited opportunities, but it looks like that's because we daren't give him anymore time on the pitch.

Really disappointed.