BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

First time I've seen him live. Done some good things. Done some poor things. Was better than i expected due to hearing negative conversations. Tried hard. Overall happy to give him this season to bed in and develope.

We have paid a lot of money for us. Not for most teams thou. We've took a chance on potential by buying a ticket in a raffle. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was of the same thinking off being Rothwell on instead of Bereton if he was to play wide. 

I think Mowbray might eventually change our style to more of a passing style or he might work on Brereton and develop him into a target man type but at I am unsure which one he will do. Mowbray has 2 or 3 systems we use at the minute and from what I have seen the Players are comfortable with any system or anything Mowbray asked off them

I'd qualify that in that we look capable in a multiple number of systems as long as Graham is fit. Whether it's 343, 4231, 442, 4411 they all depend on Danny. Without him we lack the ability for the ball to stick up front and look very vulnerable.

I guess that - obviously alongside the fee - is why Bereton is going to be under the microscope. He is going to be compared to Graham constantly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue n whites said:

First time I've seen him live. Done some good things. Done some poor things. Was better than i expected due to hearing negative conversations. Tried hard. Overall happy to give him this season to bed in and develope.

We have paid a lot of money for us. Not for most teams thou. We've took a chance on potential by buying a ticket in a raffle. 

Even at the moment with the crazy fees, at Championship level £7M is money for a guaranteed top player. I don't think we paid/will pay that much for him. Just a hunch, but think it will be more like 3-4M with some unlikely to be triggered add ons to get it up to 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riversider28 said:

I agree with your comments roversfan99, that posters on here have the right to offer their opinions, my main concern was about the way some people just seem to jump on the "let's slag off Brereton" bandwagon. These "supporters " need to look at the bigger picture and, as I said previously, trust in Tony. The lad clearly still has a lot to learn, but I am sure he will come good in the weeks and months to come. We should not be getting ahead of ourselves and thinking we are Premiership material now. Brereton is one for the future, alongside others who will be brought into the club as we make progress towards our ultimate goal. 

Even in that post, there is an undercurrent of bitterness towards supporters simply giving an opinion on a messageboard, putting supporters in inverted commas being one. He has received complete support at the ground. This is a messageboard, away from where Brereton or anyone else can be affected by any opinions. If the Brereton bandwagon that you speak of were booing and jeering him at games it would be a different ball game.

The fan base is united behind and trusting of Mowbray, but that doesnt mean that they cant develop opinions contrary to that of the manager. I trust Mowbray but I still think that signing Gladwin was a massive mistake, to give you an extreme example.

The reason he gets so much conversation surrounded him based on less game time than many others is because of the price. Its not that people dont appreciate that hes young, but theres a natural fascination because relative to recent years, he cost a monumental amount.

For some perspective, I reiterate that I think he did well today.

• Like 2

Was sat with a Leeds fan today... When he heard Brereton was on the bench he said... "oh sh*t, that lad absolutely bossed us last year"

Food for thought. Reserve judgement. He's trying to get into a decent and difficult to beat side. He's a teenager, he has LOTS to learn. Mowbray will work his magic. No doubt.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

what a complete and utter loads of rubbish. Suggest you look at Mowbray post match comments and watch the game back. He made 3 or 4 runs and got us up the pitch at time when we needed. Touch poor? really

whoever said he had explosive pace? He did very decent and we are seeing the player we got. Like the ball to feet and can run with it and use the pace he has. He played wide for the team and that's what you have to do in this team at time. The name on the front of the shirt is more important than the name on the back of the shirt. 

Brilliant that chadster be honest, did you pinch it? If not we’ll done I like it!

6 hours ago, DE. said:

Great. So why bring him on as a winger and move Dack into the striker role then? Mogga seems to think striker and winger are synonymous for some reason. 

In Tony we trust. 

6 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I think Mowbray’s logic was that we needed an outlet for the ball to stick to after Graham went off and he didn't trust Brereton to be able to do it. I can't think of any other reason. Personally I would have brought Rothwell on at that point on the wing and moved Armstrong central for the ball over the top. His pace terrified Leeds all day and I think he would have scored as a striker.

Yet again I am astounded by your managerial insite J. You really are in the wrong job. 

4 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

I really am sick and fed up of the amount of negative comments/snipes aimed at this young lad. How many of you moaners were at Ewood today? If you were, you should have seen a young lad working his socks off in a position he clearly isn't suited to. However, he did what was asked of him and there were plenty of us on the Riverside who appreciated his efforts. 

It would appear that just because he is carrying the weight of a £7 million tag, he should be setting the world on fire from day one. He is just a kid still learning his trade and if Tony feels that is where he should have played today we have to accept it. 

In case some of you "experts" have forgotten, we won today thanks to a tremendous effort by ALL the players. 

In Tony we trust. 

Halle bloody lujah 

9 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

I really am sick and fed up of the amount of negative comments/snipes aimed at this young lad. How many of you moaners were at Ewood today? If you were, you should have seen a young lad working his socks off in a position he clearly isn't suited to. However, he did what was asked of him and there were plenty of us on the Riverside who appreciated his efforts. 

It would appear that just because he is carrying the weight of a £7 million tag, he should be setting the world on fire from day one. He is just a kid still learning his trade and if Tony feels that is where he should have played today we have to accept it. 

In case some of you "experts" have forgotten, we won today thanks to a tremendous effort by ALL the players. 

In Tony we trust. 

It’s all about fitness. He was blowing very quickly. Just needs to reach the required standard for fitness and then the real player can be seen and judged properly.

He appears to be a confidence player too. Carrying a price tag is easier for some more than others and he’s going to find it hard to show what he’s got when he’s (a) unfit (b) being brought on to do cameos.

If we’d have had a like for like for DG to bring on yesterday, woukd we have seen him instead. Probably. TM is doing what he’s paid to do. Buy talent for now AND his future plans. Give the manager and the player time to prove themselves. Getting on Brereton’s back will not help only hinder.

• Like 1

I thought that Brereton did ok when he came on yesterday.

Dont know if it's me being nostalgic but he just reminded me of Simon Garner in his very early days at the club.

If Ben turns out like he did, then that's ok.

like I said, probably me being nostalgic.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Even in that post, there is an undercurrent of bitterness towards supporters simply giving an opinion on a messageboard, putting supporters in inverted commas being one. He has received complete support at the ground. This is a messageboard, away from where Brereton or anyone else can be affected by any opinions. If the Brereton bandwagon that you speak of were booing and jeering him at games it would be a different ball game.

The fan base is united behind and trusting of Mowbray, but that doesnt mean that they cant develop opinions contrary to that of the manager. I trust Mowbray but I still think that signing Gladwin was a massive mistake, to give you an extreme example.

The reason he gets so much conversation surrounded him based on less game time than many others is because of the price. Its not that people dont appreciate that hes young, but theres a natural fascination because relative to recent years, he cost a monumental amount.

For some perspective, I reiterate that I think he did well today.

Whittingham was his biggest mistake. I can't remember one thing he did while he was here and we had to pay him off early. A season too far for the bloke.

18 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Must admit, I think that’s the best he’s done so far, today. Looks like he’s running through treacle at times though...

I thought Brereton lookedthe best I’ve seen him yesterday. Although his cameos have been limited and disappointing.

Worryingly he looked to be blowing out of his backside at the end. He only played for just over 30 minutes!

I’m hoping that Mowbray is playing a blinder and there is something in the pre-contract that affects the buying price! He doesn’t look like a £6m-£7m player.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Unless I misread his reply I think Chaddy was saying he did pinch it.

Correct but yet again Matty has jump the gun. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Did you hell make it up chaddy, it’s from the film Miracle! 

Cheek of it!

:D 

Never seen Miracle. Ive seen of Goal the movie

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

He definitely will be saying that now!

I said it when asked. Maybe read my post instead of trying of point scoring and jumping the gun. ?

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Worryingly he looked to be blowing out of his backside at the end. He only played for just over 30 minutes!

I’m hoping that Mowbray is playing a blinder and there is something in the pre-contract that affects the buying price! He doesn’t look like a £6m-£7m player.

On these two points Stuart. While I do think he lacks proper match fitness, most players are blowing out of their arses when asked to come on for the last 15-20 minutes. I also very much doubt we have (or will) paid anywhere near £7million for the lad. Even if there is any accuracy in that figure, it would likely be dependant on us winning the prem and him making x number of appearances, winning an England cap etc etc.

All that said, I don’t think he has been done any favours so far by how he has been used.

I was thinking about his cameos. I wonder is Mowbray introducing him out wide rather than through the middle to let him play his way into form with less pressure. If he started or even came on upfront and had a bad games, would be a lot of pressure on the lad. There is pressure now, but he is being played out of position so that deflects from even more pressure and expectation 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was thinking about his cameos. I wonder is Mowbray introducing him out wide rather than through the middle to let him play his way into form with less pressure. If he started or even came on upfront and had a bad games, would be a lot of pressure on the lad. There is pressure now, but he is being played out of position so that deflects from even more pressure and expectation 

So instead of playing him in his proposer position, where he might have a bad game, he's playing him out of position where he is definitely having bad games. Therefore the fan base are unfairly thinking he's not worth the money in what he has shown.

Strange logic of that really is TM's thinking.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

On these two points Stuart. While I do think he lacks proper match fitness, most players are blowing out of their arses when asked to come on for the last 15-20 minutes. I also very much doubt we have (or will) paid anywhere near £7million for the lad. Even if there is any accuracy in that figure, it would likely be dependant on us winning the prem and him making x number of appearances, winning an England cap etc etc.

All that said, I don’t think he has been done any favours so far by how he has been used.

Lol. Are Forest’s board new to football? I’d have given you promotion as a clause but not that!

Dont remember too many players looking as goosed as him after half an hour.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I thought Brereton lookedthe best I’ve seen him yesterday. Although his cameos have been limited and disappointing.

Brereton is lacking match fitness and he is still getting use to the fitness levels Mowbray requires of his team and the work rate that the team required.

The fee is set and you really think Forest wouldnt have the fee set in stone

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So instead of playing him in his proposer position, where he might have a bad game, he's playing him out of position where he is definitely having bad games. Therefore the fan base are unfairly thinking he's not worth the money in what he has shown.

Strange logic of that really is TM's thinking.

He did well yesterday, but ignore that to suit your narrative