BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lol. Are Forest’s board new to football? I’d have given you promotion as a clause but not that!

Dont remember too many players looking as goosed as him after half an hour.

I was being sarcastic to stretch my point ?.....

.....which is this £7million millstone is probably more like £3million in reality. Still a fair old outlay for us tbh.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was thinking about his cameos. I wonder is Mowbray introducing him out wide rather than through the middle to let him play his way into form with less pressure. If he started or even came on upfront and had a bad games, would be a lot of pressure on the lad. There is pressure now, but he is being played out of position so that deflects from even more pressure and expectation 

If you're new to a club/team and you want to make a good impression it goes without saying you need to be playing in your best position. I think the issue with Brererton is nobody really knows what that position is.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you're new to a club/team and you want to make a good impression it goes without saying you need to be playing in your best position. I think the issue with Brererton is nobody really knows what that position is.

It's upfront. I think everyone knows that. I suppose Armstrong wad the same when he got here and he got man of the match yesterday playing inside forward. 

I would like to see Brereton play upfront, but have to give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt. He has earnt that 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's upfront. I think everyone knows that. I suppose Armstrong wad the same when he got here and he got man of the match yesterday playing inside forward. 

I would like to see Brereton play upfront, but have to give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt. He has earnt that 

Just me and Mowbray then that can't figure out where he should be playing. 

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He did well yesterday, but ignore that to suit your narrative 

Personally I don't think he did well. To me he showed poor control, unable to complete a pass, a lack of an initial turn of speed, slow to cover back. But for all this , we have to persevere with him and give him a chance. That is Rovers position at the moment, I just hope that it works. Looking on a positive note, at least he is being given a chance in a relatively successful side. I would be worried if we where really struggling and where relying on him.

Edited by rigger

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton is lacking match fitness and he is still getting use to the fitness levels Mowbray requires of his team and the work rate that the team required.

The fee is set and you really think Forest wouldnt have the fee set in stone

You seem to think you have this one nailed down because you’ve read a few tweets.

Can you post a copy of the pre-contract agreement. Send it to me by PM if you prefer.

25 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I was being sarcastic to stretch my point ?.....

.....which is this £7million millstone is probably more like £3million in reality. Still a fair old outlay for us tbh.

Hmmm. What to believe, logic, common sense, and years of experience in football and in contracting?

Or what Chaddy has read on the interweb and the LT?

It’s a thinker alright. ?

• Like 1

Well, from what I’ve seen and from what I’ve read from the Forest fan on here, Brereton game revolves solely around being able to cause problems with his strong running. Reminds me of  Brett Emerton in some ways. The problem with having very little apart from that, is that you’re going to struggle in the many games where the opposition doesn’t give you space - and that’s why I’m very sceptical about him, especially at the quoted price.

20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You seem to think you have this one nailed down because you’ve read a few tweets.

Can you post a copy of the pre-contract agreement. Send it to me by PM if you prefer.

trying to be clever again Stuart, always trying to think you are better than everyone again. 

Look at Mowbray and Waggott 's comments plus Karanka's comments aswell about the Brereton deal. 

Plus you really think Forest would not agree a fixed fee for Brereton before allowing him out on loan with permanent deal set in stone and no get out clauses. Pleased you don't work for my football club. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He did well yesterday, but ignore that to suit your narrative 

He did well, really? It was probably the best we’ve seen of him so far but still, he did okay at best yesterday. Still unconvinced but it’s way to early to make a judgement on him yet, he clearly needs more game time.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

trying to be clever again Stuart, always trying to think you are better than everyone again. 

Look at Mowbray and Waggott 's comments plus Karanka's comments aswell about the Brereton deal. 

Plus you really think Forest would not agree a fixed fee for Brereton before allowing him out on loan with permanent deal set in stone and no get out clauses. Pleased you don't work for my football club. 

Lol. “Your football club”

You have said that you know what is in the contract every time someone has questioned it. Well let’s see it. Or maybe start to be a little less cocksure and maybe put in the odd “IMO” - particularly about Brereton’s contract.

I wish you were involved with Rovers, it’s be a scream. What would you prefer, marketing or recruitment?

I wish people wouldnt keep resorting to this boring narrative of calling people negative, and to give people a chance and support them.

"Trust Tony" is not a valid shut down of any arguments either. Hes earnt plenty of trust but creating an environment whereby any opinions contrary to what he does, or any criticisms of any of the players, are not permitted, would make this messageboard very boring indeed.

• Like 1

End of the day Tony Mowbray is a bloody hero. The impact he’s had in 20 months had to be up there with any manager we’ve had - especially considering what he inherited.

I’d say 99.9% of fans Trust Tony, so any debates on here are held in the knowledge that Mogga’s the Man, but folk are merely airing their views on this and that; they may prefer Rodwell to Smallwood, Williams to Bell, that we’d have spent the Brereton money elsewhere. Mowbray may go a different way, but people can still suggest alternatives.

I imagine even Pep’s team selections, purchases etc are debated on Blue Moon. That’s football, game of opinions.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

This is what Sharpe said about BB t'other day on his Q&A:-

"From what I understand, and reported at the time, this is a permanent move in all but name. So when January 1 comes around, Ben Brereton will become a permanent Rovers player.

The fee, I'm pretty sure will be undisclosed, but the figures you've mentioned (£6m-£7m) are what I'm hearing, with incentives included. 

Just think both clubs have to be careful in what they say publicly about the deal, which is why there have been a few non-committal statements"

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Looking around at 2 of the names frequently mentioned at the time of us signing Brereton, Windass who went to Wigan, and Marriott who went to Derby, I see both are starting to hit their stride at their new clubs.

Grabban at Forest is also doing ok. I see the midfielder that we missed out on that went to Villa is doing really well for them. Having said that the way we're fixed for midfielders he wasn't a massive miss. I also see Henderson,  who's a poor mans Danny Graham at Rochdale,  got two late pens yesterday. He'd do ok coming on for the last half an hour. 9 goals already this season for a very average team.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces