BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's our player so we can't walk away. Lets just hope the Chicken Chokers don't watch our games these days'

I've always thought that was the case but Waggot's comments a few days ago implied otherwise.

50 minutes ago, Giant said:

He doesn’t look like someone who has played 50 odd Champioship games, an he looks to me like a player devoid of confidence. It’s a difficult task for TM to sort him out. 

Wonder why he looks devoid of confidence when he’s having 20/30 minute cameos out wide where we can all clearly see he’s not suited to playing at all. Feel for him a bit too be honest, Give the lad a chance upfront or just don’t bother playing him. Very frustrating. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Well, since nobody's mentioned Venkys but you, I think you are safe in assuming the latter.

I asked a legitimate question for clarification and get a bit of a snarker in response. About sums you up. 

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Interesting. We need to get the definitive answer on this one way or another. I thought it was a done deal.

Look at Mowbray comments. Its a done deal. But I will ask Rich Sharpe for you

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

We are going to get hammered trying to defend against west broms attacking line up. May as well go for it, whoever he picks. I think Tony will be giving his artists a day off and trying to not concede , we will and it's back to the drawing board

Says who? 

Blimey you might it sound like we are facing Man City or Barca. Look at Rotherham keeping a clean sheet and getting a point against Boro. Anything is possible in this league. Look at us beating the Leeds Utd on Saturday. Beat you thought we would lose before the game. 

8 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

WBA a tough game.... Would anyone throw Bereton in from the start and tell him to show us what he can do? Not sure bar Bournemouth if he's started yet, sink or swim time.

I would start up front. 

1 hour ago, toogs said:

I asked a legitimate question for clarification and get a bit of a snarker in response. About sums you up. 

Sorry, I completely misunderstood. No, I wasn't making any reference to Venkys. I was referring to Waggot saying a few days ago that he "hoped" the deal would go through in January (or words to that effect).

Hope that sums me up better!

9 hours ago, den said:

Again. Without DG we have no one able to play his role.

We need someone with a nuiscance value up there who is not easily bullied so maybe we might be better off sticking a centre half up there rather than any other forward as they all easily bullied off the ball.

Allerdyce tried it with Samba in the past. 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at Mowbray comments. Its a done deal. But I will ask Rich Sharpe for you

Says who? 

Blimey you might it sound like we are facing Man City or Barca. Look at Rotherham keeping a clean sheet and getting a point against Boro. Anything is possible in this league. Look at us beating the Leeds Utd on Saturday. Beat you thought we would lose before the game. 

I would start up front. 

Bloody Hell Chaddy!

Desperate measures are a bit much after losing one game. Picking yourself to start upfront might surprise the Baggies I grant you but it might lower the confidence of the other forwards when we resort to picking fans instead of them!!!

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Bloody Hell Chaddy!

Desperate measures are a bit much after losing one game. Picking yourself to start upfront might surprise the Baggies I grant you but it might lower the confidence of the other forwards when we resort to picking fans instead of them!!!

Chaddy would be an upgrade on Brereton so far!!

So glad we have Rich Sharpe around though to be the definitive word on things.

Brexit no deal...? I’ll ask Rich Sharpe for you.

US midterms...? I’ll ask Rich Sharpe for you.

Life on Mars...? Bowie

I was one of the main voices of opposition and caution when we were looking to sign him and unfortunately I think he's proving to be a mistake.

Yes, he's playing out of position but top footballers can still look the part in the wrong position. Brereton has looked ineffectual wherever he has played, prior to coming here he was billed as a front man who drifts wide and runs at people so playing out wide shouldn't be too much of an ask for him. He should be adopting very similar positions in attack and then putting an extra cover in when without the ball. The issue is when he has the ball at his feet he looks average, he's not shown himself to be particularly strong, I've not seen him threaten to beat a defender and his heading ability seems non existent. Put those together and I'm not sure playing him through the middle changes things.

20 or 30 minutes should be ample time to make your mark on games, Joe Rothwell did it with ease earlier in the year and Armstrong has done the same at various points during his time at Rovers, if Brereton is going to be the player he was billed as he should be able to come on and make a positive impact. Thus far he's been ineffectual at best.

I really hope he gets a goal soon and shows us the reason we're shelling out a huge fee.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I was one of the main voices of opposition and caution when we were looking to sign him and unfortunately I think he's proving to be a mistake.

Yes, he's playing out of position but top footballers can still look the part in the wrong position. Brereton has looked ineffectual wherever he has played, prior to coming here he was billed as a front man who drifts wide and runs at people so playing out wide shouldn't be too much of an ask for him. He should be adopting very similar positions in attack and then putting an extra cover in when without the ball. The issue is when he has the ball at his feet he looks average, he's not shown himself to be particularly strong, I've not seen him threaten to beat a defender and his heading ability seems non existent. Put those together and I'm not sure playing him through the middle changes things.

20 or 30 minutes should be ample time to make your mark on games, Joe Rothwell did it with ease earlier in the year and Armstrong has done the same at various points during his time at Rovers, if Brereton is going to be the player he was billed as he should be able to come on and make a positive impact. Thus far he's been ineffectual at best.

I really hope he gets a goal soon and shows us the reason we're shelling out a huge fee.

I've seen some strange signings at Rovers over the years. Bobby Bell anybody ?  At least we made a profit on him. This is a really strange one though.

2 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

We need someone with a nuiscance value up there who is not easily bullied so maybe we might be better off sticking a centre half up there rather than any other forward as they all easily bullied off the ball.

Allerdyce tried it with Samba in the past. 

Don't remind me. It was embarrassing and a low point in Big Sam's time here. Samba was a great centre half but a fish out of water up front. 

Samba was one that you would throw up front with 10 minutes to go.

I remember a game against Spurs at Ewood where Sam threw him up top in the last 10, he caused absolute chaos and we came from behind to win 2-1.

He then tried it a few weeks later at Anfield, only this time from the start. He didn't get a kick and we lost 4-0.

At a million quid or so you'd have thought fair enough, young english players cost. The figure we going to pay is the big issue to an extent, for that money you should be getting a ready made 15 goals a season player who contributes a great deal to the team. Brereton has contributed very little so far, even when Armstrong is having an off day in front of goal he still drags defenders all over and creates space for others. So far Brereton hasn't been close to worrying a goalkeeper or defender and that's the big worry. 

You look at the impact Reed made in his initial appearances, the impact Rothwell has made in several games and the time on the pitch argument becomes null and void to me, especially when both those players have largely played out of their favoured positions. Good players make things happen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Don't remind me. It was embarrassing and a low point in Big Sam's time here. Samba was a great centre half but a fish out of water up front. 

Totally agreed but I'm not talking about starting with one up front, Im talking as a sub.

If Brereton has been bought in to take over the "target man" role over the next couple of seasons then he should be spending every single second he can in training with Danny Graham, Mowbray certainly isn't helping his cause by playing him on the wing, unless of course that's where Mowbray does see him long term.

Unfortunately whether it is right or wrong, he is always going to be judged on his fee as we haven't spent that much on one player for a while, but in reality he is a 19 year old kid learning the game, he probably won't hit his prime for another 5/6 years.

The buck has to stop with Mowbray or whoever made the decision to splash the cash on him, giving the lad grief and slating him for every half hour cameo doesn't do him any good.

I don't think anyone is slating him, but surely part of every players development is acknowledging when things aren't going well? There is a big difference in critique'ing his performance thus far and not supporting him. Whilst I don't think he has been up to the standard I had hoped I will certainly be supporting him every time he pulls on a blue and white shirt, that said if he under performs he will get the same criticism any other player gets regardless of his age, price tag, etc. 

• Like 4

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

I don't think anyone is slating him, but surely part of every players development is acknowledging when things aren't going well? There is a big difference in critique'ing his performance thus far and not supporting him. Whilst I don't think he has been up to the standard I had hoped I will certainly be supporting him every time he pulls on a blue and white shirt, that said if he under performs he will get the same criticism any other player gets regardless of his age, price tag, etc. 

Absolutely 100% agree. Also most of the comments about Brereton yesterday where critical of Mowbray and how he is using him.

I dont think we can even think of justifying breaking up the Graham and Dack partnership. But the only place Brereton should be utilised is as a striker.