BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Mulgrew lives in Lancs anyway, kids at Kirkham Grammar, why would he be having a boys sleepover at Scott Wharton’s gaff?

To arrive at the training ground on time midweek. 

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

To arrive at the training ground on time midweek. 

at least he is being very responsible and setting an example to other players. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Fair enough, he’d have to be up at the crack of dawn to get to Brockhall from Wrea Green for 10am! 

Footballers ay! :rolleyes:

why would he want go the traffic every day. I used to get annoyed travelling to Preston every day when working there. M65 is a mess most days and the M55 is even worst . 

maybe look at the positive that he is being responsible and setting an example to the other players

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Chaddy laughing at the thought of Biz's demise. Absolutely disgraceful use of an emoji from Chaddy. 

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Chaddy, don’t reply!

DC07262C-BB4A-41A5-AB35-6B6A326F87B8.jpeg

Just what would I do with that money...

I can imagine what people would be saying on BRFCS if I was playing for Rovers though. Think Chris Brown crossed with Miles Anderson, only loyalty could explain my inclusion. Tomphil would’ve already come up with some illuminati esq back story accompanying my signing and Merce would be suggesting you lump on engorged FGS odds due to never actually touching the ball in a game previously...

Who am I kidding, think Dack but with Jermaine Jones engine, Andy Todd’s aggression and the antagonising play acting of Ginola (plus the hair). 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Chaddy laughing at the thought of Biz's demise. Absolutely disgraceful use of an emoji from Chaddy. 

Not often I agree with chaddy but in this instance i'll be happy to make an exception ......

Andy Todds aggression ?  ?

Ginolas poncy hair ? Yeah I could well see that.......

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm thinking Jesper Olsen's aggression, Jan Molby's engine and Ralph Coates hair

Image result for coates hair footballwr

Not quite, just think Gordon Strachan, but a bit taller and less Scottish....

Just seems a very odd signing if what TM says is the case. Saying, "Having watched him in training" does not suggest much scouting work was done or that many knew too much about him before we spent a huge sum on him. Was it a panic buy at the last minute? 

And if we DID know he would be better suited in the three behind rather than upfront, why did we even bother when we have tons of players in those positions already and instead find a proper striker? For me, he has not performed better than the likes of AA, Palmer, Rothwell, Reed or Bennett when playing there (yet) despite not getting too many minutes. So is he being picked purely to try and justify the signing as I have not seen anything so far that he suggests to be there on merit. He does not have the build, pace or flair for that position from what I have seen so far.

Hope he proves us all wrong but we are now up shit creek if DG ever gets a serious injury. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Urgh. This nonsense is going to continue. Hes a centre forward, he was for his previous club. He looks hopeless wide and both Mowbray and Brereton will incur criticism if he continues to play him there and play poorly at that.

He’s a 19 year old prospect, I simply never understand how you assume you know better. There’s giving an opinion, and then there is “@#/? the bed” at every opportunity. It’s 11 months since people said the same about Armstrong. 

34 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Depressing post, I wonder what TM's view on Brereton's playing position was prior to purchase/loan......

Deciding ATE that he's more suited wide, which suggests non effective in training in the middle, strikes me as poor previous research.

You considered he has never played out wide for forest? 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Wow.  Incredible comments.

Did Mowbray watch the lad at Forest before we signed him?

I think this signing has horror story written all over it.

56 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You'd have thought that the manager and scouting department would have noticed this before splashing out such a sum of money. Poor

I genuinely can’t believe this reaction to one snippet or quote, without even the question asked.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1

They've dived in an bought a young player they've probably liked the look of for a while because all of a sudden they got permission to do so after he unexpectedly became available, god knows how but we can take a few guesses at that.

They probably didn't really have a role for him in mind straight off so now they are trying to develop him and see what he has I think it's all as simple as that. Don't think it's dodgy as in the past but maybe a bit of a knee jerk signing and those who advise etc have probably screwed it as much as they can because our owners were suddenly in one of their generous moods after being pleased with promotion.

He needs time but I suppose if you were Joe Nuttall whose no great shakes but can sniff a goal out you'd be a bit miffed to see this lad keep getting on in front of you just because he cost silly money.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Urgh. This nonsense is going to continue. Hes a centre forward, he was for his previous club. He looks hopeless wide and both Mowbray and Brereton will incur criticism if he continues to play him there and play poorly at that.

In this scenario Brereton is free from criticism imo. He believes himself to be a striker, it is his coach who thinks otherwise.

He played as a central striker for England youth where his scoring record was decent.

In his overall development learning to play across the line in no bad thing though. Learning to cut in and shoot etc etc.

Playing wide under TM he will presumably have to learn in depth on his defensive duties. I will stop there apart from thinking that Brereton is perhaps thinking wtf....