BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Youve stated more than once that you wouldnt play him wide. So whats changed?

Have I said I want to play wide all the time or ever some of the time. I can understand him playing wide if we chasing a game and we play Armstrong, Graham, Dack and Brereton in the attack. But I want to see him up front 

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Who says Marriott's wages were a problem?

He's 19 for goodness sake and joined in a £7m deal. 

Shudder to think what Mowbray would do with 'youngsters' like Mbappe, Alex-Arnold, Ampadu, Sessegnon !

Bottom line is if you are good enough then you are old enough and, IMV, Brereton isn't good enough and will be an expensive flop.

And if Mowbray was reliant on scouting reports from others and hadn't seen the player himself and committed the club to a huge deal then, IMV, he should be sacked.

on the first part, someone has posted the reason. please look at those comment. 

the last 3 lines are embarrassing to see you post. Feel so sorry for you. You don't have a clue mate and very judgement when you don't know the facts. 

Mowbray should be sack? :lol: ?:lol:

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

What has he ever done?

do your research as I and others have posted before. I aint doing again for you as I really cant be bothered with you or your posts

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Good Cameo and some great game management, much more promise seen there 

He did very well. we played into space or his feet not long balls. not his game. 

Very pleased he did well today. There is loads to come from him

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Brereton can still learn from Graham even if he is playing as wide forward. 

Have I said that Ive changed my opinion where he should play? no I haven't but we have heard where Brereton see him playing at the minute under Mowbray

I think it was Mowbray choice to go for Brereton when Brereton came available just before the deadline

And your evidence for that?

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If this is true, then it isnt a system I agree with. I dont think that its healthy or often constructive for someone aside from the manager to make the final decision on players. I disprove of Director of Footballs and the like for the very same reason.

We needed a striker, and signed one for a lot of money with a burgoning reputation. Its a big if but if hes been signed above Mowbray, then that would make sense in that he seemingly has some belief in his potential but he doesnt trust him or see him as a player in the position that he was signed in. Leaving us short up front still and with a 7m player he isnt entirely sure what to do with at the moment.

Agree with this. If actuarial factors come before football ones, then that is potentially against the interests of the squad and the supporters. Further, selling players once their value has increased enough to satisfy the owners will make us a stop-start club and won't get us promotion.

• Like 1

So Brereton is the new Messi then based on some of the stuff on here!?

Philipl talks about Brereton being the best fit for our strategic needs at £7m!?

Wasn't at the match today as working but feels like a sense of perspective needed here.  Seen Brereton's run in the box for the penalty, and we were lucky to get it, and will see the same thing countless times tomorrow on the local pitches from young lads playing for fun and paid nowt!.  Read comments he looked 'bright' but it wouldn't have been difficult in what even Mowbray said was a 'horrible, ugly' game.

Hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think the lad is a £7million player and never will be.  Would have been worth a go on a 'free'. 

Edited by Mercer

Raya was a 'dolloper' too 2 years ago!

We know nowt in reality and despite all the platitudes and moans about 'the debt', in reality it's not our brass to really bother about either! 

£7 million or £7, so what? Brereton's clearly got potential and I'd rather we had him than not. He's 19 and all that goes with it: Get behind him and we may really have a star in the making but get on his back and who knows? Reading thoughts on here, many would prefer him to be a complete flop which I find disgraceful from supposed supporters of the club.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Philipl talks about Brereton being the best fit for our strategic needs at £7m!?

Wasn't at the match today as working but feels like a sense of perspective needed here.  Seen Brereton's run in the box for the penalty, and we were lucky to get it, and will see the same thing countless times tomorrow on the local pitches from young lads playing for fun and paid nowt!.  Read comments he looked 'bright' but it wouldn't have been difficult in what even Mowbray said was a 'horrible, ugly' game.

Hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think the lad is a £7million player and never will be.  Would have been worth a go on a 'free'. 

You didn’t watch the game but the people that did are wrong. Fair dos. I think he’s a player tbh. It’s been 8 weeks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Raya was a 'dolloper' too 2 years ago!

We know nowt in reality and despite all the platitudes and moans about 'the debt', in reality it's not our brass to really bother about either! 

£7 million or £7, so what? Brereton's clearly got potential and I'd rather we had him than not. He's 19 and all that goes with it: Get behind him and we may really have a star in the making but get on his back and who knows? Reading thoughts on here, many would prefer him to be a complete flop which I find disgraceful from supposed supporters of the club.

Nobody has been on his back so you have nothing to fear there. Nobody on here would prefer him to be a complete flop----fake news!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Who says Marriott's wages were a problem?

He's 19 for goodness sake and joined in a £7m deal. 

Shudder to think what Mowbray would do with 'youngsters' like Mbappe, Alex-Arnold, Ampadu, Sessegnon !

Bottom line is if you are good enough then you are old enough and, IMV, Brereton isn't good enough and will be an expensive flop.

And if Mowbray was reliant on scouting reports from others and hadn't seen the player himself and committed the club to a huge deal then, IMV, he should be sacked.

Behave Merce! Clubs like Southampton do this all the time. Two years ago they could do no wrong. But regardless of this, it's clear it's not the case in this instance. Mowbray clearly fancies him. He has spoken in glowing terms a few times. 

He's not done it yet. May never do. But to question TMs job off the back of this signing is daft. We spent the same on Grabbi in a far different financial scene. Yes £7m is a whole lot of money in our current situation. But a good half a season and we'll be able to recoup our investment. He's just a boy FFS. The same age as Rankin-Costello. We afford him plenty of time to develop. Brereton might not deserve the same time because of his price tag. But there no doubt he's still got some learning left in him.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

He definitely had an impact today. He's all arms and legs and must be a difficult player to play against when he's running at you. He's not especially quick but he showed decent movement on a few occasions today. He looked like he could be worth a potential £1m if he keeps improving ?

He’s not quick, and could be worth 1 mil, all arms and legs, rubbish, it’s like you don’t want him to be a succes, because of the fee, you’re wrong, end of.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Nobody said he’s the new Messi, but he  will end up a decent forward, worth a go on a free, why do you come out with garbage like that, you say you hope you’re proved wrong, I really don’t think you mean that, think you hope he fails,you basically don’t know what you’re talking about, or you’re winding everybody up.

• Like 2

Like the way he seems to be in and amongst the banter. Always first to celebrate with a goalscorer etc. The “fee” (whatever it actually is) might be playing on our minds but doesn’t seem to effect him. Top attitude, top lad, fits in like a hand in glove and has great attributes.

AND I saw him give his all and be effective in a blue and white shirt today so...

He’s the best signing we’ve ever made, a bargain at twice the price and 100% an absolute Rovers legend.

Bookmark this comment.

/thread

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 5