BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

33 minutes ago, unsall said:

With Mowbrays record since he’s been at Rovers you don’t half come out with some rubbish, obviously you’ve made your mind up on a handful of cameo appearances, why are you saying it’s pointless to debate with Chaddy, because he’s different views from you, you do know it might be you that’s wrong, along with your gang, you’ve watched Rovers a long time you say, doesn’t mean you’re right, need to respect other people’s more positive views, thought we could all have a shout on here, just seems to me that myself,Chaddy Parsons etc if fact anyone who supports what Mowbray,Waggot are doing to turn this brilliant club round just get shouted down.

Not biting this time - Will leave it to Dreams of 1995 above.

Edited by JacknOry

On 03/11/2018 at 11:11, philipl said:

Ok I am really going into the mixer.

Most fans haven't got the first iota of understanding of the club they are supporting  as it is run TODAY.

Something has happened in the Pune bungalow compound.

It might be that finally the penny dropped for Mr and Mrs D in football terms. As sure a thing for getting promotion Neil Warnock was in place as Manager and tantrict gold earrings replaced him with as certainty for getting relegation as possible in Coiley (pass the sick bag). Even Mrs D (who does get abstracts of these pages) recognised an almighty balls up.

But of course we are talking family and Balaji might have lead pious Venkat astray just once too often- who knows...

What Has happened is that control of Rovers is unambiguously in the hands of Madam.

And yes she called in double bean counters 18 months ago and yes I completely misread this as bean counters for sellers and buyers- NO Mrs D cannily had two lots in to look at current values and operations and separately at future plans and her £750K bought her honesty. Both accountants knew the others were reporting and had to play it absolutely straight accordingly.

In retrospect this also told us that Mrs D is both wise enough and wealthy enough to ignore sunk costs. Money gone into a third division Rovers is lost- call it loans, share capital, moon dust or whatever- the money is gone and the question is what we do from here.

Thankfully the answer for every Rovers fan was take the opportunity to srip the cost base but back Mowbray with a low cost (£5m in transfers) shot at first time promotion. When it looked like that was working in came Waggot, the first CEO or Chairman worthy of the title since Williams/Finn.

Now we are running according to a strategy. Looking forward there is a strategy covering THE NEXT THREE WINDOWS- not something you find on FIFA 18 games.

This summer we achieved most of the strategic objectives- remember the wailing banshees on 31 July on this message board becoming mostly silenced by 31 August?

One of the strategic objectives surrounded the centre forward. Love him to bits but DG is not immortal and is prone to injury. So an amount around £7m was assigned for a centre forward. Yes other forwards were looked at. Yes Brereton was adjudged to be the best fit for our STRATEGIC needs.

No that £7m was not going to be spent on a mish mash of centre halves and midfielders. 

Seems obvious to me Philip. No doubt one of the pieces of analysis the accountants would’ve done is classify the accumulated losses into wages and transfer fees. That will have shown pretty much a breakeven on fees and all the losses coming from exorbitant wages.

Buying young prospects on low wages will, over time, most likely see a profit in fees and a sustainable position on wages. Spending the fees on ‘ready made articles’ would cripple the wage bill for years to come AND most likely lead to an ongoing loss on transfer fees. 

Of course, the success of the buy young plan depends on the nous of the manager to spot the right young talent AND his ability to get talent performing to its best. Mowbray is definitely doing the latter as shown by Mulgrew, Nyambe, Williams, Graham, Dack, Bennett etc all playing the best they have in their careers. Time will tell if he can do the former often enough. But I am convinced neither the manager nor the strategy will be changed anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Rather the contrary, unsall. Both "sides", if you will, simply have differing opinions on a player. Whenever a fan has an opinion that some may construed as negative certain posters bombard them with reasons why they should "trust Mowbray" (like they don't already..) and tell them they should listen and learn from and, ultimately, take from any interview/match/report what they believe should be taken. As an example, Chaddy is telling Mercer he should "listen to Mowbray" about how BB is learning to play the 'Rovers way' in order to "learn" - which is slang for "form the same opinion as me". Whereas Mercer has deduced, like others, that spending £7m on a player in the current climate that can't grasp the way we play after this many weeks is rather a waste of money.

Two people have seen the same games, listened to the same radio interviews and concluded differently. Such is life. There is only one side calling the other ridiculous, wrong etc etc. 

It's ridiculous that grown men can't debate without victimising themselves. There's no "shouting down" - there's disagreement. Either learn to discuss the differences and grow thicker skin or post on boards like TheRovers where every post is "In Mowbray we Trust" with little to no discussion about the club and its players. It's getting rather boring now.

Edit - as a completely different point I don't understand the obsession with yourself/Chaddy constantly listing Parsons in with this "group" that you are trying to make yourself into. I can't even remember the last time Parson made a post in this topic - or indeed any discussion outside of his well valued mini-match reports - let alone merit a mention in a discussion between positive/negative posters. It's odd ? 

Certainly agree with your last two words, it’s very odd.

1 hour ago, unsall said:

With Mowbrays record since he’s been at Rovers you don’t half come out with some rubbish, obviously you’ve made your mind up on a handful of cameo appearances, why are you saying it’s pointless to debate with Chaddy, because he’s different views from you, you do know it might be you that’s wrong, along with your gang, you’ve watched Rovers a long time you say, doesn’t mean you’re right, need to respect other people’s more positive views, thought we could all have a shout on here, just seems to me that myself,Chaddy Parsons etc if fact anyone who supports what Mowbray,Waggot are doing to turn this brilliant club round just get shouted down.

Whilst @Dreams of 1995 has replied with a very well written response. I dont understand, going off on a tangent, why you have lumped Mowbray and Waggott together. What Mowbray has done to turn this club around is tangible and clear. In the shape of results, promotion win percentage, signings such as Dack. Hence the fact that regardless of the crap you peddle to the contrary, the job he has done has been met with unified appreciation. Waggott on the other hand has not done anything tangible to my knowledge to be thrown into the same sentence regarding turning the club around. Hence the mixed reputation he holds.

2 hours ago, unsall said:

What rubbish Unsall!

Amused to see you seem to think I have a gang as well!

It's simple - I'm Rovers through and through but, unlike others, do not swallow some of the guff, which IMV, emanates from Ewood at times.

Everyone on this MB has a right to express their opinion and opinions will differ - fully accept that.

As you raised it, my views on Brereton, Mowbray and Waggott.

So to Brereton: 

• If the lad is such a prospect why didn't a PL club take a chance, after all, a £7m deal would be 'chicken shit' to them.
  • As far as I'm aware, we were the only Championship club in for him - at least at that price - so what does that tell you?
  • Some on here have speculated it wasn't a Mowbray signing but a decision made by the owners.  If that's the case, neither Mowbray or Waggott are running the club as they should be allowed to.
  • If Brereton is a Mowbray signing, we are over a third of the way through the season and the lad signed in one of the biggest Rovers' deals for years has yet to start a league game!  Presumably, Mowbray doesn't think he's good enough in which case, why sign him when clearly there are other areas of the team that need strengthening.  Not to mention Mowbray commented last week we are a striker short! 
  • It is really any wonder there is some bemusement with this signing?

Mowbray:

• I accept the playing side is now in better shape than when Coyley left us.  Seems to be a strong spirit and sense of camaraderie.
  • Mowbray should have kept us up.  IMV, his negative tactics cost us precious points - winning positions ended up as draws, games we were drawing ended up as losses
  • Brought us back at first attempt.  Job well done - though he did almost certainly have Division One's biggest budget
  • Signing are mixed.  Big success is obviously Dack.  IMV, too many Harts, Gladwins and Joe Averages
  • Think tactically tries to be too clever.  IMV, too negative and suffers from square peg in round hole syndrome.
  • IMV, a likeable chap who clearly loves the game but a 'steady Eddie' who I do not think has the spark or nous to take us back to the PL

Waggott:

• Been with us less than a year but, IMV, yet to make his mark
  • Some contentious decisions - closing Darwen End to away supporters only, hiking ST prices and then saying in LT disappointed in attendances this season.  Can anyone tell me what Rovers' ticket pricing strategy is?

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Rather the contrary, unsall. Both "sides", if you will, simply have differing opinions on a player. Whenever a fan has an opinion that some may construed as negative certain posters bombard them with reasons why they should "trust Mowbray" (like they don't already..) and tell them they should listen and learn from and, ultimately, take from any interview/match/report what they believe should be taken. As an example, Chaddy is telling Mercer he should "listen to Mowbray" about how BB is learning to play the 'Rovers way' in order to "learn" - which is slang for "form the same opinion as me". Whereas Mercer has deduced, like others, that spending £7m on a player in the current climate that can't grasp the way we play after this many weeks is rather a waste of money.

Two people have seen the same games, listened to the same radio interviews and concluded differently. Such is life. There is only one side calling the other ridiculous, wrong etc etc. 

It's ridiculous that grown men can't debate without victimising themselves. There's no "shouting down" - there's disagreement. Either learn to discuss the differences and grow thicker skin or post on boards like TheRovers where every post is "In Mowbray we Trust" with little to no discussion about the club and its players. It's getting rather boring now.

Edit - as a completely different point I don't understand the obsession with yourself/Chaddy constantly listing Parsons in with this "group" that you are trying to make yourself into. I can't even remember the last time Parson made a post in this topic - or indeed any discussion outside of his well valued mini-match reports - let alone merit a mention in a discussion between positive/negative posters. It's odd ? 

Try looking in the season ticket section, Parson agrees with me re Waggot, best Chief ex since Williams, turned club round, people like you and the rest seem to moan in every topic just for the sake of arguing, you’re never happy, decent average half season tickets, I honestly don’t know what you lot would be like if we were bottom of the league with a crap manager and Chief ex, don’t be saying Parson is different from me because he isn’t, he might not bite and shout back at you and others, but he’s a very positive person who thinks someone is eventually turning the club round, after years of neglect.

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

Try looking in the season ticket section, Parson agrees with me re Waggot, best Chief ex since Williams, turned club round, people like you and the rest seem to moan in every topic just for the sake of arguing, you’re never happy, decent average half season tickets, I honestly don’t know what you lot would be like if we were bottom of the league with a crap manager and Chief ex, don’t be saying Parson is different from me because he isn’t, he might not bite and shout back at you and others, but he’s a very positive person who thinks someone is eventually turning the club round, after years of neglect.

What success criteria have you and Parsons used to arrive at that conclusion  and how S.M.A.R.T. are the objectives?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So to Brereton: 

• If the lad is such a prospect why didn't a PL club take a chance, after all, a £7m deal would be 'chicken shit' to them. Straw man argument - no-one has said he’s ready for the PL
  • As far as I'm aware, we were the only Championship club in for him - at least at that price - so what does that tell you? That you are not privy to Forest’s correspondence.
  • Some on here have speculated it wasn't a Mowbray signing but a decision made by the owners.  If that's the case, neither Mowbray or Waggott are running the club as they should be allowed to. The things people on here have speculated  could fill the internet twice over with nonsense.
  • If Brereton is a Mowbray signing, we are over a third of the way through the season and the lad signed in one of the biggest Rovers' deals for years has yet to start a league game!  Presumably, Mowbray doesn't think he's good enough in which case, why sign him when clearly there are other areas of the team that need strengthening.  Not to mention Mowbray commented last week we are a striker short! He certainly doesn’t think he’s ready to start, but then neither were Palmer and Rothwell on Saturday. He clearly puts a lot of emphasis on fitness, team shape, defensive donkey work etc as well as ability.
  • It is really any wonder there is some bemusement with this signing? Not at all. Nor is it any wonder there is bemusement he’s already been written off as the next John O’Mara.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, unsall said:

Woah. This got a bit weird. I didn't realise your desperation to be aligned with the man - I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause offence......

I don't think I have moaned once about Waggott or season tickets ?. I don't get the "people like you" comment. Unlike yourself I have no need to be identical to another poster. I have some issues with the club that others don't; I like some things about the club that others don't. Again, going back to my original point, that's life - we will almost never all agree. It's weird to group me with other posters just because I don't buy your whole "we are victims of moaners" stance.......

Quite frankly though I couldn't care less if Parson agrees with you on another topic. It doesn't somehow validate your opinion over others. It just means you share an opinion with a likeminded fan. Hooray for you. 

As a final note, I think we should dispel this myth that if you aren't happy with the ST prices and aren't happy with Brereton you aren't a "very positive person". It seems a rather judgemental thing to do to define a persons character based on a few posts on such an emotive subject as football. It's like you are trying to validate your own opinion by proclaiming yours is positive and others is negative. It makes no difference. A right opinion could also be a negative one and vice versa. It's coming across as a desperation to be right instead of understanding others think differently. 

Anyway, back to Brereton, he's rubbish and we are going down. Mowbray out. Waggott out. Free Season Tickets for all. T'ra!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Woah. This got a bit weird. I didn't realise your desperation to be aligned with the man - I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause offence......

I don't think I have moaned once about Waggott or season tickets ?. I don't get the "people like you" comment. Unlike yourself I have no need to be identical to another poster. I have some issues with the club that others don't; I like some things about the club that others don't. Again, going back to my original point, that's life - we will almost never all agree. It's weird to group me with other posters just because I don't buy your whole "we are victims of moaners" stance.......

Quite frankly though I couldn't care less if Parson agrees with you on another topic. It doesn't somehow validate your opinion over others. It just means you share an opinion with a likeminded fan. Hooray for you. 

As a final note, I think we should dispel this myth that if you aren't happy with the ST prices and aren't happy with Brereton you aren't a "very positive person". It seems a rather judgemental thing to do to define a persons character based on a few posts on such an emotive subject as football. It's like you are trying to validate your own opinion by proclaiming yours is positive and others is negative. It makes no difference. A right opinion could also be a negative one and vice versa. It's coming across as a desperation to be right instead of understanding others think differently. 

Anyway, back to Brereton, he's rubbish and we are going down. Mowbray out. Waggott out. Free Season Tickets for all. T'ra!

First time I’ve mentioned Parson on here, think it was you who started that one, saying he hasn’t posted recently,  I tell you what though, your last sentence free season tickets for all, there’s people on here would have a moan at that, thinking some conspiracy going on, and T’ra to you!

In my opinion, I think £250 for a half season ticket in the Jack Walker upper for second tier football isn’t particularly good value, you do, fair enough.

Happy to debate it with you, but instead of debating you seem to have a constant need to enter thread after thread and attempt to shut them down or derail them by banging on about ‘negativity, ‘usual suspects’, ‘your gang’ and so on. It’s getting very daft.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

What rubbish Unsall!

Amused to see you seem to think I have a gang as well!

It's simple - I'm Rovers through and through but, unlike others, do not swallow some of the guff, which IMV, emanates from Ewood at times.

Everyone on this MB has a right to express their opinion and opinions will differ - fully accept that.

As you raised it, my views on Brereton, Mowbray and Waggott.

So to Brereton: 

• If the lad is such a prospect why didn't a PL club take a chance, after all, a £7m deal would be 'chicken shit' to them.
  • As far as I'm aware, we were the only Championship club in for him - at least at that price - so what does that tell you?
  • Some on here have speculated it wasn't a Mowbray signing but a decision made by the owners.  If that's the case, neither Mowbray or Waggott are running the club as they should be allowed to.
  • If Brereton is a Mowbray signing, we are over a third of the way through the season and the lad signed in one of the biggest Rovers' deals for years has yet to start a league game!  Presumably, Mowbray doesn't think he's good enough in which case, why sign him when clearly there are other areas of the team that need strengthening.  Not to mention Mowbray commented last week we are a striker short! 
  • It is really any wonder there is some bemusement with this signing?

Mowbray:

• I accept the playing side is now in better shape than when Coyley left us.  Seems to be a strong spirit and sense of camaraderie.
  • Mowbray should have kept us up.  IMV, his negative tactics cost us precious points - winning positions ended up as draws, games we were drawing ended up as losses
  • Brought us back at first attempt.  Job well done - though he did almost certainly have Division One's biggest budget
  • Signing are mixed.  Big success is obviously Dack.  IMV, too many Harts, Gladwins and Joe Averages
  • Think tactically tries to be too clever.  IMV, too negative and suffers from square peg in round hole syndrome.
  • IMV, a likeable chap who clearly loves the game but a 'steady Eddie' who I do not think has the spark or nous to take us back to the PL

Waggott:

• Been with us less than a year but, IMV, yet to make his mark
  • Some contentious decisions - closing Darwen End to away supporters only, hiking ST prices and then saying in LT disappointed in attendances this season.  Can anyone tell me what Rovers' ticket pricing strategy is?

Wonder why a premier league club didn’t sign Dack, for the peanuts we paid, wonder why WBA offered 15 mil for him, tell you why, they didn’t gamble, first few games we had fans saying not sure about this Dack, in league 1, they were wrong.

Same with Brereton, 7 mil was the price Mowbray (not the owners) thought he was worth, time will tell, you and others already made your minds up.

Mowbray tries to be clever, that clever he’s running at nearly 51% win rate.

If that’s a steady Eddie in your view, fair enough, a tad silly in my view.

Waggott,     Closing the Darwen end, brilliant idea,, imv.

Re Rovers pricing strategy, probably middle of the league.

And I’ll quote your mate Parsons, best chief ex since Williams, which I agree with, or was he another you weren’t keen on.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

It really is pointless trying to debate with you.

A shame you seem incapable of forming any opinions of your own.

Firstly, as I have said twice in previous posts, I was working.  Do you have difficulty in understanding?

Secondly, you just don't understand the Duff 'thing'.  Even as a raw 17 year old in either his first or second reserve game for Rovers, you could see within 10 minutes, after his first few touches, that Duff had something about him.  In a blue and white shirt, on several occasions I have seen him 'live', I have seen nothing from Brereton to suggest he is anything other than 'Joe Average'. 

I didn't see Brereton against Arsenal, however, I once did see John O'Mara net a brace for Brentford before Rovers signed him and he turned out to be, IMV, one of the biggest donkeys I've seen in a Rovers' shirt.

So Brereton was part of England U19's - how many games did he start and how many goals did he score?  Jason Lowe skippered either England U21s or U23s - enough said.

As far Mowbray's comments, what do you really expect him to say when he has committed Rovers to a £7m transfer deal plus £millions more in wages?  If Mowbray said the moon was made of green cheese I think you would be 'googling' to see if you could order some online! 

I have my opinions Mercer but sadly we have different views. 

Duff shouldn't be mention at all Mercer and you are trying to clever. 

You haven't seen everything as you haven't be at every game have you? like Saturday

Why don't look into it instead of keep asking me ythe questions Mercer, you clearly have time to be on here. 

Last comment is ridiculous and sounds very bitter

20 minutes ago, unsall said:

First time I’ve mentioned Parson on here, think it was you who started that one, saying he hasn’t posted recently,  I tell you what though, your last sentence free season tickets for all, there’s people on here would have a moan at that, thinking some conspiracy going on, and T’ra to you!

4 hours ago, unsall said:

:lol: 

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In my opinion, I think £250 for a half season ticket in the Jack Walker upper for second tier football isn’t particularly good value, you do, fair enough.

Happy to debate it with you, but instead of debating you seem to have a constant need to enter thread after thread and attempt to shut them down or derail them by banging on about ‘negativity, ‘usual suspects’ and so on. It’s getting very daft.

Sorry Matty is that directed to me or someone else, in my view not too bad, see you’ve quoted the top price, but £179 for half season is pretty reasonable, with obvious cheaper prices for concessions.

If you were talking to me, Im very sorry if you think I’m trying to shut anyone down, don’t mean to, I just seem to think some on here try to shut me down who doesn’t agree with my view, I do respect other views, but I am passionate about Rovers and honestly think they are doing a reasonable job all round, obviously some things can be improved on, but on the whole think, at the moment it’s being well run.

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Hardly been any stiff competition though has there? Agnes, Hunt, Singh, Shaw and Senior (maybe not all Chief Execs in job title but running the show nonetheless) aren't hard acts to follow. I really don't know what Waggott has done yet to be held in such high esteem.

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

Hardly been any stiff competition though has there? Agnes, Hunt, Singh, Shaw and Senior (maybe not all Chief Execs in job title but running the show nonetheless) aren't hard acts to follow. I really don't know what Waggott has done yet to be held in such high esteem.

Ah, we agree on something, you’re dead right, we’ve had some rubbish, that’s the point Im trying to make, this guy seems to know what he’s talking about.

Just now, unsall said:

Sorry Matty is that directed to me or someone else, in my view not too bad, see you’ve quoted the top price, but £179 for half season is pretty reasonable, with obvious cheaper prices for concessions.

If you were talking to me, Im very sorry if you think I’m trying to shut anyone down, don’t mean to, I just seem to think some on here try to shut me down who doesn’t agree with my view, I do respect other views, but I am passionate about Rovers and honestly think they are doing a reasonable job all round, obviously some things can be improved on, but on the whole think, at the moment it’s being well run.

I do, most people on here do.

But if someone has an issue with season ticket prices or the Darwen End or transfers or whatever, then let’s discuss them, it doesn’t mean the club is going to hell in a handcart or that people on here think the club is a shambles from top to bottom .

Every organisation should be looking to constantly improve and a football club is no different on or off the pitch.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I do, most people on here do.

But if someone has an issue with season ticket prices or the Darwen End or transfers or whatever, then let’s discuss them, it doesn’t mean the club is going to hell in a handcart or that people on here think the club is a shambles from top to bottom .

Every organisation should be looking to constantly improve and a football club is no different on or off the pitch.

Very true ?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have my opinions Mercer but sadly we have different views.  Yes we do have different views but you shouldn't feel sad!  Life would be boring if we all thought the same thing!

Duff shouldn't be mention at all Mercer and you are trying to clever. No, I am not trying to be too clever.  I think you are missing the point.  When Kenny signed Tim Sherwood from Norwich, there were some very different opinions about Sherwood.  But despite a 'slowish' start to life in a Rovers' shirt, some even said he was struggling, it was clear the lad had something.  There was an 'edge' and an intelligence to his play.  As I keep saying, you can easily spot those players with something in their 'locker' whether it be a raw 17 year old from Ireland (Duff) playing his first/second reserve match or a young southerner from Norwich starting with a new northern club under King Kenny.  I've seen Brereton 'live' on several occasions in a Rovers' shirt and I have been underwhelmed - I have seen nothing in the lad to suggest he is anything other than a 'Joe Average'.  Nothing would delight me more if he had turned out to be a second Alan Shearer and he had shot us to the top of the Championship.

You haven't seen everything as you haven't be at every game have you? like Saturday.  No I haven't seen him in every Rovers game and I don't think you have either.

Why don't look into it instead of keep asking me ythe questions Mercer, you clearly have time to be on here. Chaddy, it is you who said he was part of England U19s that won the World Cup.  I was merely asking you how many games he started and how many goals he had scored which I felt you could easily answer being the huge football fan you are.

Last comment is ridiculous and sounds very bitter  It isn't bitter at all, just a bit of fun.  I know you are a great Mowbray fan but Mowbray's comments shouldn't be taken as gospel!

Edited by Mercer

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Apologies for butting in your and Chaddys  comments, just wondering when you say you easily spot those players with something in their locker, why then,  do you think Mowbray and his coaches scouts etc, think they have spotted something, who have probably seen a lot more of him  than us,  and please don’t mention him in the Alan Shearer mould, he was an unbelievable one off.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Well he's a dead ringer for Cat Weazle (not the wrestler) for those of us of a certain vintage to remember the tv series! Not what I would want the CEO of BRFC to be seen as tbh but he is what it is. I have to say that coming from the 'corridors within Ewood', there is nothing but praise: fair dos for me.........

28 minutes ago, unsall said:

Apologies for butting in your and Chaddys  comments, just wondering when you say you easily spot those players with something in their locker, why then,  do you think Mowbray and his coaches scouts etc, think they have spotted something, who have probably seen a lot more of him  than us,  and please don’t mention him in the Alan Shearer mould, he was an unbelievable one off.

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' !

What did Kenny see in Matt Dickens, what did Brian Kidd see in Ashley Ward, what did Roy see in Christian Dailly, what did Souey see in Grabbi?  Dickens was signed for a song but the other three cost big money and didn't cut it for Rovers.

Let's face it, all managers sign their fair share of duds including the likes of Fergie, Mourinho, Pep etc.

If Mowbray and his cohorts did identify Brereton and were solely responsible for his signing then their judgement may very soon come into question.

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What did Kenny see in Matt Dickens, what did Brian Kidd see in Ashley Ward, what did Roy see in Christian Dailly, what did Souey see in Grabbi?  Dickens was signed for a song but the other three cost big money and didn't cut it for Rovers.

Let's face it, all managers sign their fair share of duds including the likes of Fergie, Mourinho, Pep etc.

If Mowbray and his cohorts did identify Brereton and were solely responsible for his signing then their judgement may very soon come into question.

You should be a scout mate. Would save clubs a lot of time and money. He’s played less than two games worth of football for us. No league starts. You haven’t even seen them all.

By your own logic if he has an impressive 30 minutes soon then he’s undoubtably world class. Exciting!

edit -

In fact, for my own amusement, a cursory search showed that you thought “the jury is out” on Dack in September ‘17, after a similar amount of minutes as Brereton has had. Maybe your powers to instantly spot a good player are on the wane? 

Edited by S8 & Blue

41 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Contradicting yourself there my friend, saying Pep,Fergie, Jose etc signed duds, which they have done, but I dont think their judgment came into question, so why should Mowbrays, did you think Kenny had lost it signing Dickens, no you didn’t.

Anyway if you aren’t that keen on TM who would your choice be to take us to the next level, should be interesting.