BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

• Backroom
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats YOUR opinion. 

And anyone with a bit of emotional intelligence. It’s clearly typed in such a way to minimise Graham’s contribution (a hat trick and assist) compared to Brereton’s (a few good cameos).

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Point scoring again Matty? 

Pretty easy Chaddy with you sometimes. Your attitude to a loyal servant like Graham is insulting and embarrassing and its all about justifying your opinion that Graham should make way for Brereton.

When the facts show you to be wrong, rather than accept it, you try to change the facts---ie he just scored 3 tap-ins.

Absolutely pathetic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Always amusing when someone backs themselves into a corner...

3 (decimal) points scored. ^_^ 

What was amusing was how quickly Chaddy recognised himself in your post when no names were mentioned. :D 

Moving on... (3 more!)

Brereton hasn’t really been given any kind of chance to show what he can do so far this season. It may be that there is some financial reason for that but it has to be acknowledged that Graham’s form has been a big part of why we are all questioning the merits of spending so much on a sub when we have far more pressing positions that need attention. What has been baffling is that when Graham hasn’t been fit, or has needed a rest day, Dack and/or Armstrong have been preferred to the giant young centre forward. I was absolutely delighted for Danny yesterday and his linking up with Dack (particularly in the second half) was a joy to watch. The fact that it all happened in front of the BBE made it all the more enjoyable. When we are on it we really look like a team. When things aren’t going well we do have some major flaws which get exposed. One of which is Mowbray’s Plan B (or lack of). It’s not all that often I can recall him turning a game around. We are either great or poor - hence the schizophrenic mood on messageboards and social media.

Hopefully once Brereton is “our player” on 1st Jan we will start to see him being used more regularly to keep Graham fresh - and ultimately to replace him, with next season Graham being used to keep Brereton fit. That would be the win-win scenario.

No doubt in my mind though that Graham has earned his place on merit. But, and it’s a big but (excuse the, sort of, pun) he does need a Happy Dacky alongside him. Equally Dack needs a Reed to do the running for him. As much as getting in reinforcements (wing, rb, cb) in January, we need to be using some of the cash burning a manboob-sized hole in Belaji’s shirt pocket to be splashed on securing a permanent deal for Reed.

• Like 5

I just can't understand anybody minimalising Grahams contribution yesterday. Even if he had not scored anybody who knows the game would have praised his performance which is exactly what a centre forward should do. He was the focal point of nearly every attack and his hold up play was exceptional. His determination, typified when he outpaced a Wednesday player late on is key to how we play and usually perform.

If Brereton wants to improve he should be studying a recording of Grahams efforts and learning from it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LDRover said:

Those 3 tap ins would be fantastic anticipation and natural striker's instinct had they been scored by anyone else apart from Graham.

Too bloody true!

The one from Dack's shot that hit the post and rebounded at high speed was a brilliant reaction and strike by DG, top class.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

And anyone with a bit of emotional intelligence. It’s clearly typed in such a way to minimise Graham’s contribution (a hat trick and assist) compared to Brereton’s (a few good cameos).

but already in the match thread I already Graham was very good and back to his best. Him and Dack were back. so clearly didn't minimise the Graham's contribution cos I already give him huge praise yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Who’s collecting the points and for what purpose? 

The bloke scored 3 goals and set up the other and generally gave a fantastic centre forward performance. ‘3 tap ins’, for a guy that supposedly watches a lot of football is an amazing statement to make.

well I will collect the points if you want but I let you check your little gang of friends 1st ?

I already praised him in the match thread where the match performances was commented on and should be. 

Supposedly watches a lot of football? really Matty? will be watching the 3 Premier league games today plus watched Cardiff Wolves game and 1st half of the Sheffield United Leeds game. 

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I just can't understand anybody minimalising Grahams contribution yesterday. Even if he had not scored anybody who knows the game would have praised his performance which is exactly what a centre forward should do. He was the focal point of nearly every attack and his hold up play was exceptional. His determination, typified when he outpaced a Wednesday player late on is key to how we play and usually perform.

If Brereton wants to improve he should be studying a recording of Grahams efforts and learning from it.

There was even a moment late in the second half were he busted a gut down the right flank and outpaced the defender. He must have had a lot of adrenaline flowing through him!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well I will collect the points if you want but I let you check your little gang of friends 1st ?

Technically it’s still my little gang but we have a rotating leader so it’s Matty’s turn as Grand Master. ??

• Like 1

That was my point, you watch a lot of football, so you’d expect some knowledge of the game, yet you qualify a great centre forward performance by referring to his ‘3 tap ins’.

’Gangs’, ‘point scoring’. It’s called debating chaddy, if you can’t do it without coming out with silly expressions like that, don’t bother.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

3 tap in goals. 

Didn't Brereton win the penalty from which Dack scored from even tho he wanted it and Did he not pass the ball for Dack against Rotherham. 

did you not see him wanting the ball played in, in the last minute and then he had a chance to score today? plenty of desire

I don't think Rovers would play those sorted of wages anymore.  players have to fit into the club wage structure

It's not a competition between Graham and Brereton where you have to downplay what Graham does to make Brereton seem better. I like both, but as it stands Graham is the more all round player. 

They were tap ins becuase he was in the right place. If Brereton scored them, would you be saying 3 tap ins :) be honest 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

On top of all that I thought all three finishes were easy to miss. The first he had no forward momentum and had to hit from a standing position with some power to beat a couple of lunges. For the second, ones off the post are awful as body and feet position need adjusting in a split second. A top class finisher giving a masterclass.

I was a bit surprised it was his first hat trick in ten years though.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

On top of all that I thought all three finishes were easy to miss. The first he had no forward momentum and had to hit from a standing position with some power to beat a couple of lunges. For the second, ones off the post are awful as body and feet position need adjusting in a split second. A top class finisher giving a masterclass.

I was a bit surprised it was his first hat trick in ten years though.

They were great finishes. Rebounds like that tend to end up being skyed. He tucked them away 

• Like 2

They are the goals that boost the numbers too, anyone who thinks Graham has been anything but excellent for the majority of the season has been watching different games to me. Considering the poor service he has got and the number of aimless long balls at times this season as the stats show, his hold up play has been exceptional and now his record of 7 league goals and 3 assists in 15 starts (4 sub appearances too) is decent too. Before this last week, its his goals tally that has let him down.

We are too reliant on him and Dack but they are a joy of a partnership.

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Im sure he was on 30k plus at Bournemouth a couple of seasons ago. Try to find.the article

Found one that stated the wages stated are from Football manager 2016 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/pictures/4671/Every-Bournemouth-player-s-weekly-wages-revealed

Probably not far off as it says in a more recent article forest are paying him 35 k a year (no mention of FM2018 in this)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6012373/Can-Nottingham-Forest-Wolves-Big-signings-restored-optimism.html

Edited by perthblue02

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the links @perthblue02

can anyone see us paying 35k a week after the Rhodes, Murphy and Etuhu wages were so high?

That's what some fans can't get their head around. The cost of a player joining doesn't stop at the transfer fee. Grabban would have been a great signing, but he is on more than anyone else. If it doesn't work out then, you have the comparisons to the players you mention 

Plus, he is 30. No resale value. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They are the goals that boost the numbers too, anyone who thinks Graham has been anything but excellent for the majority of the season has been watching different games to me. Considering the poor service he has got and the number of aimless long balls at times this season as the stats show, his hold up play has been exceptional and now his record of 7 league goals and 3 assists in 15 starts (4 sub appearances too) is decent too. Before this last week, its his goals tally that has let him down.

We are too reliant on him and Dack but they are a joy of a partnership.

Agree - he is a key figure on the pitch and in the dressing room.

I also think we have to use him sparingly - a long term injury or problem to him at the moment could derail us or force a complete change in setup.